Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Jake Paul

RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 30,123
First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
Swaye's Wigwam
Kid can box a little bit. I knew he was knocking out Nate Robinson and after watching Askren even go thru drills, I knew Paul was knocking him out. A Youtuber beating a good MMA fighter with ease is impressive. The kid sucks as a person but he deserves some recognition.

Comments

• BleachedAnusDawgBleachedAnusDawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 10,397
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Founders Club
    He's actually a very good athlete and trains hard. A couple more years and he could stand a chance against middling boxers.
  • RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 30,123
    Swaye's Wigwam

He's actually a very good athlete and trains hard. A couple more years and he could stand a chance against middling boxers.

He’s trained for three years now and pays the trainers a lot of money. I’m not sure where he stacks up against real boxers. He wants to be the biggest prize fighter. I would be interested to see him against McGregor.
  • KrunkJuiceKrunkJuice Member Posts: 2,046
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Jake Paul should now return the favor and fight Askren in a cage. He won't because he would probably die. He's a tryhard.
  • BleachedAnusDawgBleachedAnusDawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 10,397
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Founders Club

Jake Paul should now return the favor and fight Askren in a cage. He won't because he would probably die. He's a tryhard.

Would you say that about all boxers, though? Totally different sports.
    Swaye's Wigwam

This is incredibly stupid. Askren talked a lot of shit and got knocked out. He has no one to blame but himself.
    edited April 2021

This is incredibly stupid. Askren talked a lot of shit and got knocked out. He has no one to blame but himself.
    If you don't talk and sell the fight you won't make any money. Beating Nate Robinson and Askren who is 12 years older and hadn't faught in almost 2 years is nothing to get excited about.
    Swaye's Wigwam

If you don't talk and sell the fight you won't make any money. Beating Nate Robinson and Askren who is 12 years older and hadn't faught in almost 2 years is nothing to get excited about.
    Fair points. I disagree that a first round TKO over a legitimate UFC fighter is unimpressive. I was confident Jake Paul would win, but that was incredibly easy. I don’t think it was fixed, but there is a greater than zero chance that Askren took a dive for a payday. Still, getting rocked like that seems unlikely if it were fixed.

The deal was never for a MMA style fight. Jake Paul is a “boxer” and that’s where he’s going to stay. Just because Askren got knocked out doesn’t mean that Jake Paul should face him in a MMA bout.

Fair points. I disagree that a first round TKO over a legitimate UFC fighter is unimpressive. I was confident Jake Paul would win, but that was incredibly easy. I don’t think it was fixed, but there is a greater than zero chance that Askren took a dive for a payday. Still, getting rocked like that seems unlikely if it were fixed.

The deal was never for a MMA style fight. Jake Paul is a “boxer” and that’s where he’s going to stay. Just because Askren got knocked out doesn’t mean that Jake Paul should face him in a MMA bout.
    I don't think it was fixed either. If Askren is taking these types of fights in lets say 5-7 years something is wrong. I know why MMA fighters do it (ego and pride) but they aren't boxers. I remember when Tim Sylvia faught Ray Mercer in a MMA fight and the lead up to the fight Sylvia was saying he was going to knock him out. Ray Mercer was 50 and looked like he had been training at Burger King. Sylvia was in his early 30's I think? Mercer waxed him in 20 seconds.