Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Better Than Anyone Thought, 3 Huskies to Look for on a Rainy Day

Comments

• CFetters_Nacho_LoverCFetters_Nacho_Lover Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 28,821
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Founders Club
  • PurpleBazePurpleBaze Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 29,487
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Founders Club

That was surprisingly not a shitty article.

New SI motto?
  • CFetters_Nacho_LoverCFetters_Nacho_Lover Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 28,821
    Founders Club

New SI motto?

• chuckchuck Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 10,605
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam

At least not by usual huskymaven standards. I'm usually embarrassed to read them.
    Swaye's Wigwam
    I dont think anyone is really surprised that Moore is impressive. Ballz is right about the TE depth. It's pretty spectacular. They're huge and skilled.
  • whatshouldicareaboutwhatshouldicareabout Member Posts: 12,428
    chuck said:

At least not by usual huskymaven standards. I'm usually embarrassed to read them.
    I just checked, and Dan Raley put out 26 articles last week on Husky Maven. When you're putting out that many, a few are bound to be decent.
  • PostGameOrangeSlicesPostGameOrangeSlices Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 24,498
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Founders Club
    edited April 2021
    Kam Fab isn't going to start but hopefully he comes in for 2 or so series a game and plays well.

Too many times the last 3 years have a bunch of backups spelled the starters which was almost a guaranteed touchdown drive and momentum killer. Never understood it.
  • bananasnblondesbananasnblondes Member Posts: 14,894
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Standard Supporter
    edited April 2021

Kam Fab isn't going to start but hopefully he comes in for 2 or so series a game and plays well.

Too many times the last 3 years have a bunch of backups spelled the starters which was almost a guaranteed touchdown drive and momentum killer. Never understood it.

Yeah, one of Kwat's traditions that I really hope Gregory gets away from was the inevitable unloading of the bench once we went up by 2 scores. It seemed like every time we looked like we were in position to step on the throat of the other team, you saw the entire 2nd team defense come in and we'd hand momentum right back to the other team. I get that you want to give the backups meaningful reps but it always seemed to be done way to early In the game
    Swaye's Wigwam

I hate that. Too many wholesale sub packages rather than rotation of a couple subs at a time.
  • RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 30,123
    Swaye's Wigwam

Back up LB’s have killed us for years. I still remember Constantine and Lawyer coming in, the other team marching downfield, and Azeem and Bierra coming in once the opponent was inside the 10.
  • whatshouldicareaboutwhatshouldicareabout Member Posts: 12,428

Yeah, one of Kwat's traditions that I really hope Gregory gets away from was the inevitable unloading of the bench once we went up by 2 scores. It seemed like every time we looked like we were in position to step on the throat of the other team, you saw the entire 2nd team defense come in and we'd hand momentum right back to the other team. I get that you want to give the backups meaningful reps but it always seemed to be done way to early In the game
    Was that the D coordinator or each position group making those decisions? I assumed it was the latter
  • PostGameOrangeSlicesPostGameOrangeSlices Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 24,498
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Founders Club

Back up LB’s have killed us for years. I still remember Constantine and Lawyer coming in, the other team marching downfield, and Azeem and Bierra coming in once the opponent was inside the 10.
    We should have subbed the ILBs 1 at a time instead of 2 it seemed
  • dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614

Was that the D coordinator or each position group making those decisions? I assumed it was the latter
    Might have been the position coaches making the individual decisions but you can bet K (and later Lake) were the ones setting the philosophy.