Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Today's sports media is so terrible!

I know water is wet but this Lebron shit is driving me crazy. I mean this never ending 24-7 news cycle that we live in today is just so god damn annoying. It's annoying but 99% of it is pure bullshit and they(media) just create storylines to pass the time.

Take Chris Broussard for an example, yesterday he was so confident Lebron was going to Cleveland he said he was 85% sure he was going there. Now he just tweeted

Chris Broussard @Chris_Broussard · 14m
This is getting very interesting. Definitely not at 85 pct for Cavs anymore :)

This isn't just an NBA rant this is a sports media rant in general. Like look at our dear enemies Kim and Ruth who constantly insist on being part of the story, making up shit just to fit their agenda, the need to always be FIRST!!!! , purely making up bullshit sources hoping to be right and if wrong it's oh well that's what it was at the time learn the fucking difference.

It's just pure nonsense. What happened to fucking journalism the last 20 years?! Now we get fat fucks like Softy who so desperately want to fit in they are practically a mouth piece for our local teams.

I know this post comes off as get off my lawn but fuck it I want my old sports media coverage back! I miss real reporting, actual journalism. Instead I get stuck with a bunch of dickheads all gunning to be FIRST! and making up pure bullshit.

Comments

• CuntWaffleCuntWaffle Member Posts: 22,499
    KJR yesterday jumped the gun and reported that Lebron was going back to Cleveland lol.
  • Boobs_Or_HarvBoobs_Or_Harv Member Posts: 82

KJR yesterday jumped the gun and reported that Lebron was going back to Cleveland lol.

OMG! What a shitshow they've become lately. I mean they are terrible but it's like comedy lately.

With 710 having a morning show plus KJR having no sports teams now it's just a matter of time before they go away.

At least when Softy is unemployed he can always look at the Lombardi Trophy in his living room ;-)
  • PurpleJPurpleJ Member Posts: 37,089 Founders Club
    Fuck man. I used to love SportsCenter. Stuart Scott, Dan Patrick and Eisen. Fuck me.

OMG! What a shitshow they've become lately. I mean they are terrible but it's like comedy lately.

With 710 having a morning show plus KJR having no sports teams now it's just a matter of time before they go away.

At least when Softy is unemployed he can always look at the Lombardi Trophy in his living room ;-)
    I would love for Softy to have to take a job in Laramie, Wyoming doing the Wyoming Cowboys pregame show when KJR putters out.
    BRB, JO at the thought of that.
  • TequillaTequilla Member Posts: 19,825
    Any chance ESPN even puts on a local show against Mitch if Mitch wasn't in full mailing it in mode?
    Tequilla said:

Any chance ESPN even puts on a local show against Mitch if Mitch wasn't in full mailing it in mode?

I think this has more to do with KJR is very vulnerable after losing the Huskies. Like any smart business when your competitor is in trouble you stomp on their throat.

I really like Brock Huard too and normally don't listen to local radio. However, I will listen to Brock and Salk in the morning on my drive to work.
  • TequillaTequilla Member Posts: 19,825
    Brock's very intelligent, is fair and balanced. He's obviously in the Seattle market but he's not going to sit there and sugar coat it.

KJR obviously is very vulnerable right now. On top of that, Mitch's best skill from a host standpoint is that he's a strong interviewer. However, it's hard for them to get guests on the show now that you have ESPN guys not willing to come on his show, CBS guys not going on shows now that they have their own network, etc.
    edited July 2014
    Tequilla said:

Brock's very intelligent, is fair and balanced. He's obviously in the Seattle market but he's not going to sit there and sugar coat it.

KJR obviously is very vulnerable right now. On top of that, Mitch's best skill from a host standpoint is that he's a strong interviewer. However, it's hard for them to get guests on the show now that you have ESPN guys not willing to come on his show, CBS guys not going on shows now that they have their own network, No Head Coaches lying about interviewing for a job that they would take an hour later etc.

Small Fix
    dnc said:

PurpleJ said:

Fuck man. I used to love SportsCenter. Stuart Scott, Dan Patrick and Eisen. Fuck me.

Dan Patrick and Keith Olberman were the shit back in the day.

Craig Kilborn was really good too.

Thank real harv I still get to watch the DP show on root.
    I wish Dan Patrick was my dad.
  • dncdnc Member Posts: 56,635
    CaptainPJ said:

PurpleJ said:

Stuart Scott started the end of SportsCenter, just so you know.

"boo-yah!"

"Holla atta playa when you see him on da street!"

"Ah, dog just said to dog, 'dog dat ain't right,"

Ears bleeding, and now it's slapstick comedy hour, only not funny
    huh?

CaptainPJ said:

PurpleJ said:

"boo-yah!"

Yep that's why I didn't give Purple J a "thumbs up". IMO he was the start of the fall. I remember Olberman pissed some people off cause he shit on Hartford so he bailed. That was fine as Eisen and Patrick were pretty good.

Then Scott started to be the main anchor and it went to shit. Then the talent started to leave one by one with Killbourn(he might have left before Olberman), Olberman, then Eisen and Patrick leaving I never thought would happen.

It's very symbolic to Doogman where the good sportscasters(good posters) eventually got tired of the bullshit and were unfairly ran/chose to LEAVE! so all that is left is the shit(Scott, Berman) and new idiots(Skip Bayless, Stephen A, Broussard).
    CaptainPJ said:

PurpleJ said:

"boo-yah!"

I like the way you work it. No dignity. No doubt.
  • allpurpleallgoldallpurpleallgold Member Posts: 8,771
    dnc said:

PurpleJ said:

Dan Patrick and Keith Olberman were the shit back in the day.

Craig Kilborn was really good too.

I loved Kilborn. One time the Clippers had some long losing streak and he did the highlights of the game they won to break the streak. I was under 10 years old but vividly remember his call on the highlight package, it was so great. He called Pooh Richardson "Pooh Pooh Kachoo".

Stuart Scott has always sucked though.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4AlO7pVizhI
    But give me Stu over Skkkip and his troll shit any day.
  • dncdnc Member Posts: 56,635
    PurpleJ said:

But give me Stu over Skkkip and his troll shit any day.

Sark was better than Ty POTD