Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Looks like it's not his achilles after all

creepycougcreepycoug Member Posts: 22,741
First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Photogenic
would be a welcome update on this forum.

Comments

• Options
    I'm just sayin' ... I think it would be a pleasant turn of events.
  • Options
    RatherBeBrewingRatherBeBrewing Member Posts: 1,557
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
    It seems like people *really* care about someone with 23 career tackles and 7 sacks.

Achilles guy: 11 games, 23 tackles, 7 TFL, 7 sacks

Andrew Faoliu: 12 games, 28 tackles, 4 TFL, 3 sacks
  • Options
    GreenRiverGatorzGreenRiverGatorz Member Posts: 10,147
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes

It seems like people *really* care about someone with 23 career tackles and 7 sacks.

4 games, 7 sacks. Nobody cares about his playing time pre-2020 when he was a reserve who barely saw the field.
  • Options
    dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes

• Options
    dnc said:

Considering all 7 of those sacks came in his last 4 games, along with 3 strip sacks (and a fourth called back to a BS penalty), yes.

Context matters.
    Jeez you guys can’t even have fun anymore. I’d hate to see what it would be like if he drowned.

I think the poont is being missed. I believe ZTF is a great player. I don’t think he’s an All-American based off three games games, two of which came against shit teams. If it was his freshman year? Hell yeah. But he was in his third year in the program and has similar numbers to a guy who who got shooed off to Boise State.

Extrapolating numbers from three abortion season games and comparing him to Terrell Suggs is fucking retarded.
  • Options

dnc said:

Considering all 7 of those sacks came in his last 4 games, along with 3 strip sacks (and a fourth called back to a BS penalty), yes.

Context matters.
    Jeez you guys can’t even have fun anymore. I’d hate to see what it would be like if he drowned.

I think the poont is being missed. I believe ZTF is a great player. I don’t think he’s an All-American based off three games games, two of which came against shit teams. If it was his freshman year? Hell yeah. But he was in his third year in the program and has similar numbers to a guy who who got shooed off to Boise State.

Extrapolating numbers from three abortion season games and comparing him to Terrell Suggs is fucking retarded.
    Butt see you weren't trying to have fun or you wouldn't have doubled down on the shit take.
  • Options
    I don't think a healthy ZTF is Terrell Suggs.

I do think he's a hell of a lot closer to Suggs than to Andrew Faoliu.

hth
  • Options
    FremontTrollFremontTroll Member Posts: 4,705
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    edited April 2021

dnc said:

Context matters.

He only got to play three games due to something called Covid-19, maybe you’ve heard of it?

It would be hard to imagine a pass rusher putting up more dominant stats over a three game stretch- and shit teams or not these were conference games not preseason cupcakes.

Nobody is extrapolating anything. You are the one comparing him to a mediocre starter by giving him zero stats over the remainder of a hypothetical season (and even so he still has 2x the production.)
  • Options
    T-Suggs one of the BOATs, college or pro. Dude was a BEAST at ASU. Haven't seen one like that since.
  • Options
    dirtysouwfdawgdirtysouwfdawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 11,838
    5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes First Anniversary
    Swaye's Wigwam

dnc said:

Context matters.

Not since the rugby playing fire dancing guy and feeney have we had such a tuff group of pass rushers so fuck off.
  • Options
    dnc said:

dnc said:

Context matters.

Butt see you weren't trying to have fun or you wouldn't have doubled down on the shit take.
    Sorry to hear about ZTF. All our hope that the injury was not serious didn’t seem to help.

There wasn’t going to be doubling down until I saw a comparison of him and Suggs. That’s ridoogulous, be realistic. Until there’s a larger sample size he’s nothing more than a dude who strung together a few really great games.
  • Options
    FremontTrollFremontTroll Member Posts: 4,705
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    edited April 2021

dnc said:

dnc said:

Context matters.

Sorry to hear about ZTF. All our hope that the injury was not serious didn’t seem to help.

There wasn’t going to be doubling down until I saw a comparison of him and Suggs. That’s ridoogulous, be realistic. Until there’s a larger sample size he’s nothing more than a dude who strung together a few really great games.
    Nobody here compared him to Suggs.
  • Options
    edited April 2021

dnc said:

dnc said:

Context matters.

Agreed. It was a stat comparison just to make the point that ZTF's stat is notable. Suggs is a once in 25 years player. They literally don't make people that big and strong and fast and nimble very often.
  • Options
    RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 30,123
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam

dnc said:

dnc said:

Context matters.

Agreed. It was a state comparison just to make the point that ZTF's stat is notable. Suggs is a once in 25 years player. They literally don't make people that big and strong and fast and nimble very often.
    Suggs is surprising very slow. He’s an example of 49 times being overrated. ZTF is probably bigger, faster, and stronger.

That said, Suggs is a hall of famer so yeah, the comparison is dumb. I don’t think anyone did compare them and just hoped ZTF recovered as quickly as Suggs did.