Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

ZTF out 6-10 months with ruptured Achilles Tendon

DJDuckDJDuck Member Posts: 5,970
5 Awesomes First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes
edited April 2021 in Duck Refuge
“The injury to ZTF became even more devastating after the news at the beginning of spring that OLB Laiatu Latu suffered a neck injury in the fall that required him to retire from the sport.”

https://www.uwdawgpound.com/2021/4/21/22396125/breaking-ztf-out-6-10-months-with-achilles-injury-uw-washington-huskies-football-zion-tupuola-fetui

Comments

• Options
    SFGbobSFGbob Member Posts: 31,920
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Standard Supporter
  • Options
    haiehaie Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 20,437
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    edited April 2021
    I've seen 10x more quooks on Twitter comment about this than doogs or anyone else.

I thought he was a flash in the pan player feasting off of an easy 4 game schedule where UW never had to leave their empty fortress?

My dad thinks he sucks, thinks that Stanford saw his weakness in edge contain and ran straight at him to get to 24-3.
  • Options
    edited April 2021
    The new WDWHA narrative. Wow your Dad the football guru thinks he sucks........well that settles it. Ha ha ha ha ha

Your dad, the expert, probably thinks Latu sucks too. 😂😂
  • Options
    edited April 2021
    Unfortunately this isn’t your dad but:.........

“Washington's Zion Tupuola-Fetui was named third-team Associated Press All-America it was announced on Monday.

Tupuola-Fetui, a third-year sophomore from Pearl City, Hawai'i, recorded at least two sacks and was named Pac-12 Defensive Lineman of the Week after each of the Huskies' first three games in 2020. He recorded seven sacks over four games and led the nation with 1.75 per game. He also led the country with 0.75 forced fumbles per game.

Tupuola-Fetui was previously named first-team All-Pac-12 and second-team All-America by TheAthletic.com.”
  • Options
    BennyBeaverBennyBeaver Member Posts: 13,333
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes
  • Options
    lawsandllawsandl Member Posts: 1,555
    haie said:

I've seen 10x more quooks on Twitter comment about this than doogs or anyone else.

I thought he was a flash in the pan player feasting off of an easy 4 game schedule where UW never had to leave their empty fortress?

My dad thinks he sucks, thinks that Stanford saw his weakness in edge contain and ran straight at him to get to 24-3.

I am sorry for your loss(es).
  • Options
    Standard Supporter
    SFGbob said:

Sad news.

Tough crowd. So this is happy news?
  • Options
    BleachedAnusDawgBleachedAnusDawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 10,471
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Founders Club
    DJDuck said:

The new WDWHA narrative. Wow your Dad the football guru thinks he sucks........well that settles it. Ha ha ha ha ha

Latu is a doog legend. He played in one or two games over his "career."
  • Options
    dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes

DJDuck said:

Yet he was slated to start over ZTF, who only had 7 sacks in 4 games after taking his place.

Not saying Latu would have had more but I think it's fair to assume he would have been pretty damn good had he stayed healthy.

Alas.
  • Options
    ntxduckntxduck Member Posts: 5,513
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment

Now if weº can only keep @DJDuck healthy, a far greater challenge.

• Options
    RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 101,134
    Swaye's Wigwam
    SFGbob said:

SFGbob said:

Sad news.

I thought you were being a smartass. Projection I guess
  • Options
    Standard Supporter

SFGbob said:

SFGbob said:

Sad news.

I thought you were being a smartass. Projection I guess
    You gave me an up arrow, I was talking to the other two. And I was being a smart ass.
  • Options
    edited April 2021

DJDuck said:

DJDuck said:

You guys and Haie’s Dad really crack me up. You have these players I suppose most of you were very glad to sign and probably talked them up as great players etc. Now that they are injured and can’t play they really aren’t that good anyway. You people are hilarious. You can’t even be honest. Ha ha ha ha ha.

• Options
    BleachedAnusDawgBleachedAnusDawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 10,471
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Founders Club
    DJDuck said:

DJDuck said:

DJDuck said:

You guys and Haie’s Dad really crack me up. You have these players I suppose most of you were very glad to sign and probably talked them up as great players etc. Now that they are injured and can’t play they really aren’t that good anyway. You people are hilarious. You can’t even be honest. Ha ha ha ha ha.

No, what is hilarious is you acting like UW lost a proven commodity. Could he have been great? Sure. Was there any sample size to show what UW lost? No. Next man up.
  • Options
    RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 101,134
    Swaye's Wigwam
    DJDuck said:

DJDuck said:

DJDuck said:

Generally true but ZTF came out of nowhere
  • Options
    edited April 2021
    DJDuck said:

DJDuck said:

DJDuck said:

The losses are piling up. I wonder when they will start admitting that it will change results on the field.
  • Options

DJDuck said:

DJDuck said:

DJDuck said:

No, what is hilarious is you acting like UW lost a proven commodity. Could he have been great? Sure. Was there any sample size to show what UW lost? No. Next man up.
    ZTF looks phenomenal at times last year. Another year and he’s more consistent. It’s a big blow.

• Options
    Swaye's Wigwam
    lawsandl said:

DJDuck said:

DJDuck said:

DJDuck said:

The losses are piling up. I wonder when they will start admitting that it will change results on the field.
    You guys already lost Sean Dollars for at least the first part of the season. We already know what quooks think of CJ.
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam
    DJDuck said:

Yeah, it's crazy when people have opinions.

I know it's not really allowed nowadays, but fuck off just in case.