Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Serious question

2»

Comments

• Options
    PurpleThrobberPurpleThrobber Member Posts: 41,931
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes

TIL Idaho is on the coast.

Thank you, Capt Obvious.

You know what happens what you assume things, right?

Do you live in Idaho?
    You realize people of means have multiple homes, correct?

Way to dodge the question.
    You sound poor.
  • Options
    thechatchthechatch Member Posts: 5,592
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    edited April 2021
    If I’m moving to Texas it ain’t gonna be fucking Odessa.

Gimme Ft Worth, Austin, San Antone, or Houston.

Basically Hill country, Coastal Plain, or the P&L. Nothin else.
  • Options
    BendintheriverBendintheriver Member Posts: 5,394
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment

jecornel said:

Anyone considering drastic life changes due to the lunatic left?

If so, what are you considering changing?

Leaving the west coast upon retirement.

Mid term elections will determine whether that's a now thing or 4 years down the road when its tim.

Either that or a sex change operation to cash in on protected status. Maybe even go full-on Dolezal and identify as a minority to snag some reparations.

Where would you go that’s going to be better than Idaho?
    There's 12 months out of the year, of which only 6 are inhabitable. So a little mix and match with sun.

Texas, Florida, S. Carolina, GA. Maybe AL or MS though not particularly enamored with being in Hurricane Alley.

Add Tennessee to that list, take off Mississippi, limit Georgia to > 50 miles outside of Atlanta and Alabama to the Coast and that’s a pretty good list. Recommend Tennessee, North and South Carolina and maybe Texas if you are thinking full-time...
    I live on the GA Coast. Don't limit yourself to 50 outside of Atlanta. I don't miss the traffic of Atlanta at all.
  • Options
    BendintheriverBendintheriver Member Posts: 5,394
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    SFGbob said:

What's really unsettling is how bad it's gotten in such a short period of time. The homeless, garbage, crime and general societal unravelling has gotten so bad so fast and we're all supposed to act like this is normal. I was down in So Cal a couple weeks back and went to down to Venice Beach back to where I first moved to when I moved to LA. The entire Venice Beach boardwalk is now taken over by bums and junkies.

https://www.nbclosangeles.com/news/local/streets-of-shame/streets-of-shame-homelessness-takes-over-venice-boardwalk/2569403/

My friend moved to Venice after college. When I would visit him in the late 80's we had a great time. Was there last year and it was nowhere near the place we enjoyed. In your video it looks even more horrific. Unrecognizable really.

Just think of the outrage if the homelessness were caused by Conservatives and the Conservatives repeatedly supported the behavior and did nothing to stop it.
  • Options
    SledogSledog Member Posts: 31,003
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    LebamDawg said:

Mrs Lebam and I sold our house (farm?) bought a RAM3500 and tomorrow me and a friend go to pick up our 5th wheel trailer or home on wheels if you prefer. Got an all seasons version for year round living.

We will domicile in either SDAK or Texas. our plan is to leave Warshington by mid August cutting across the northern states and heading to Texas (Midland Odessa) to spend Thanksgiving there. Then we don't know after that.

We are going to go see rural America

I'm on the road as we type. Hitting a couple national parks this week.
  • Options
    doogiedoogie Member Posts: 15,072
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes
  • Options
    SFGbobSFGbob Member Posts: 31,922
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Standard Supporter
    LebamDawg said:

Mrs Lebam and I sold our house (farm?) bought a RAM3500 and tomorrow me and a friend go to pick up our 5th wheel trailer or home on wheels if you prefer. Got an all seasons version for year round living.

We will domicile in either SDAK or Texas. our plan is to leave Warshington by mid August cutting across the northern states and heading to Texas (Midland Odessa) to spend Thanksgiving there. Then we don't know after that.

We are going to go see rural America

I've seriously thought of doing exactly this. I'm on the fence on whether to sell the house or just keep it and rent it out. Current mortgage is ridiculous low due to the refi rates we've had. I'm not in a position to do it right now but after the last kid is out of college I've been giving this serious consideration. I want to do the Redneck Rivera in the winter and the northern states in the summer. I've already been to every major city in this country many times over, time to see the rest of the place and get away from the cities.
  • Options
    SFGbobSFGbob Member Posts: 31,922
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Standard Supporter

SFGbob said:

What's really unsettling is how bad it's gotten in such a short period of time. The homeless, garbage, crime and general societal unravelling has gotten so bad so fast and we're all supposed to act like this is normal. I was down in So Cal a couple weeks back and went to down to Venice Beach back to where I first moved to when I moved to LA. The entire Venice Beach boardwalk is now taken over by bums and junkies.

https://www.nbclosangeles.com/news/local/streets-of-shame/streets-of-shame-homelessness-takes-over-venice-boardwalk/2569403/

My friend moved to Venice after college. When I would visit him in the late 80's we had a great time. Was there last year and it was nowhere near the place we enjoyed. In your video it looks even more horrific. Unrecognizable really.

Just think of the outrage if the homelessness were caused by Conservatives and the Conservatives repeatedly supported the behavior and did nothing to stop it.
    I saw a couple videos last week posted by people who live on the boardwalk, if I come across them again I'll post them. They are videos taken from people looking down off their balconies onto the boardwalk during the day and night. People fighting, crazy people attacking each other, people shitting, lighting each other's tents on fire. It's complete lawlessness and social break down. I used to live on Navy Street just a half a block from the beach. There's no way in hell I'd live their now.
  • Options
    DJDuckDJDuck Member Posts: 5,970
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes
    No. Fuck ‘em.
  • Options
    LebamDawgLebamDawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 8,554
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment
    Swaye's Wigwam
    edited April 2021
    The new home arriving at the Lebam temporary homestead

Attachments/46/06/FFE46733-C135-4D45-81F6-6782906B70A4/IMG_0097.mov
  • Options