Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Top is here: Wife bought Dogecoin Saturday.

godawgstgodawgst Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 2,409
First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
Swaye's Wigwam
edited May 2022 in Tug Tavern
$500 thru Robinhood.

Let's just say her stock experience is limited (as in essentially none), but saw it on a facebook link and had a friend buy in.

So with that, what can people tell me about it? Top 5 crypto, top 10, etc. Saw it was .007 back in January and high as .45 last month or so.

Also see it trades 24/7.

I can see why people can trade and make good money on it. As the old saying goes you don't have to outrun the bear, just be able to outrun one person also being chased by the bear. I understand versus the pros I am the mark, but time/experience would allow me to be profitable playing those penny/2 changes through out the day.

For those who have bought/sell it, do you get a statement at the end of the month/year showing you the profit/losses on your buys and sells, and is that also reported to the IRS?

Comments

• Options
    dirtysouwfdawgdirtysouwfdawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 11,868
    5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes First Anniversary
    Swaye's Wigwam
    I got a statement from Robinhood but I don’t recall looking at it to see about the crypto.

When you click on the specific stock or crypto scroll towards the bottom and you’ll see your equity, growth $’s, and growth %.

Here, yea, I’m pour.

• Options
    godawgstgodawgst Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 2,409
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Swaye's Wigwam
    I saw all that at the bottom of robinhood when she made the buy.

My question was if you sell it at a gain or loss at the end of year is it treated like a stock where the irs gets a copy and you are to report them just like you do traditional securities?
  • Options
    SourcesSources Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 3,803
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    godawgst said:

$500 thru Robinhood.

Let's just say her stock experience is limited (as in essentially none), but saw it on a facebook link and had a friend buy in.

So with that, what can people tell me about it? Top 5 crypto, top 10, etc. Saw it was .007 back in January and high as .45 last month or so.

Also see it trades 24/7.

I can see why people can trade and make good money on it. As the old saying goes you don't have to outrun the bear, just be able to outrun one person also being chased by the bear. I understand versus the pros I am the mark, but time/experience would allow me to be profitable playing those penny/2 changes through out the day.

For those who have bought/sell it, do you get a statement at the end of the month/year showing you the profit/losses on your buys and sells, and is that also reported to the IRS?

You'll get two separate tax statements from RH - one for non-crypto and one for crypto
  • Options
    creepycougcreepycoug Member Posts: 22,741
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Photogenic
    edited April 2021
    Baseman said:

Will hit $19,682 by labor day.

We need to start talking about a Finance Club member pre-IPO pricing discount, what with the fact that it was chinspired in the Club, and all the free marketing and whatnot.

I like to say "whatnot"; IWILTD.

• Options
    Swaye's Wigwam

Baseman said:

Will hit $19,682 by labor day.

We need to start talking about a Finance Club member pre-IPO ICO pricing discount, what with the fact that it was chinspired in the Club, and all the free marketing and whatnot.

I like to say "whatnot"; IWILTD.

• Options
    EsophagealFecesEsophagealFeces Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 11,463
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Founders Club
    I bought me some doogcoin yesterday. Couldn’t resist. I really wish I’d known about it a month ago. I need access to Nancy Pelosi’s investment tip guy.
  • Options
    creepycougcreepycoug Member Posts: 22,741
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Photogenic

I bought me some doogcoin yesterday. Couldn’t resist. I really wish I’d known about it a month ago. I need access to Nancy Pelosi’s investment tip guy.

Just the tip.

Lolz.
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam
    $DOGE update

1 hr chart looks pretty bullish. For those technical folks out there, good volume levels and C&H pattern for a push up

• Options
    backthepackbackthepack Member Posts: 19,795
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker 5 Awesomes

Old BTP told you fools about this months ago