Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

I know no one cares about husky baseball but

haiehaie Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 20,437
First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
Swaye's Wigwam
why is Meggs still here?

The local high school coaches hate him, and he hasn't done much here.

Oh wait I know now. He squeaked into a college world series and so our idiot AD sought to keep him here long term off of one season.

But at least she only fucked up in baseball..

Comments

• Options
    dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    haie said:

why is Meggs still here?

Oh wait I know now. He squeaked into a college world series and so our idiot AD sought to keep him here long term off of one season.

Can you expound on this? I follow the beisbol team extremely casually and don't know jack shit about recruiting. Who hates him? And why?

At this point I'd be fine with promoting Tarr to AD and purging coaches at every program.
  • Options
    haiehaie Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 20,437
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    dnc said:

haie said:

why is Meggs still here?

Can you expound on this? I follow the beisbol team extremely casually and don't know jack shit about recruiting. Who hates him? And why?

At this point I'd be fine with promoting Tarr to AD and purging coaches at every program.
    I guess coaches in this state like their red ass recruiters coming from Boise instead of Chico State.
  • Options
    Fishpo31Fishpo31 Member Posts: 2,246
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment
    When he came in, he shit all over the old regime (who had their flaws, but also a lot of success)...had a convo with him about it, essentially "the guysm you are shitting on have a lot of friends up here"...He committed the sin that one of my old bosses did, a beloved successful coach leaves, and the new guy comes in Janet Reno style, "Blow it up, We will fix this, I've got the plan"...pissing off the alums, many of whom became HS / club coaches...for me, it's messaging, and EGO...
  • Options
    BennyBeaverBennyBeaver Member Posts: 13,333
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes
    Who cares? It’s not real life like football.
  • Options
    Fishpo31Fishpo31 Member Posts: 2,246
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment

Who cares? It’s not real life like football.

"Baseball players are smarter than football players. How often do you see a baseball team penalized for too many men on the field?"

-Jim Bouton (RIP)