Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Any chance Trevor Lawrence does not go #1?

BleachedAnusDawgBleachedAnusDawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 10,305
First Comment First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
Founders Club
edited April 2021 in NFL Talk
https://www.si.com/nfl/2021/04/14/trevor-lawrence-magazine-cover-story-daily-cover

Doing my best Skip Bayless here, but it seems like he's never been exposed to adversity or had to overcome obstacles. He might have too much perspective.

“It’s hard to explain that because I want people to know that I’m passionate about what I do and it’s really important to me, but . . . I don’t have this huge chip on my shoulder, that everyone’s out to get me and I’m trying to prove everybody wrong,” he says. “I just don’t have that. I can’t manufacture that. I don’t want to.” Marissa adds, “There’s also more in life than playing football.”

His father says, “He’s not award-driven. He’s not, ‘I want to win a Super Bowl at all costs.’ ” Trevor’s coach at Cartersville High, Joey King, says, “There is no doubt about it: With who he is as a person, he could walk away from it tomorrow and be fine.”

Comments

• RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 30,123
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam
    He won't be the best QB of this draft. I think Wilson is actually the best and has improved the most. Lawrence will go #1. He's good, but I've always thought he was overrated.
  • RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 100,429
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam

He won't be the best QB of this draft. I think Wilson is actually the best and has improved the most. Lawrence will go #1. He's good, but I've always thought he was overrated.

Not sure about Wilson but agree on Lawrence

Fields is better than the talking heads say
  • dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614

My rankings

Lawrence
    Fields
    Wilson
    Lance

I wouldn't take Mac Jones in the first round.
  • RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 100,429
    Swaye's Wigwam
    dnc said:

My rankings

Lawrence
    Fields
    Wilson
    Lance

I wouldn't take Mac Jones in the first round.
    Tom Brady reset. I wouldn't either but Jones was more than just a Bama QB.

• rodmansragerodmansrage Member Posts: 6,003
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes
    if im a gm (maybe i am, maybe im not) it would worry me that lawrence is already married. seems promising/dominating sports careers get derailed once you 'settle down.'

just my 0.02 doge coin tho.