Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

So you think you have had a bad couple of days...

Comments

• Options
    pawzpawz Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 18,751
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
    Founders Club
  • Options
    creepycougcreepycoug Member Posts: 22,741
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Photogenic
    edited April 2021

This chick creeps me the fuck out. I watched the documentary, and had chills.
    #metoo

I have heard she is trying to raise private money for another start-up. Who in the fuck would give this chick another dime? Jesus.

She goes to trial here pretty soon. One of the things that makes the US literally better than many other countries is that we generally are willing to hang wealthy and influential people. It's a critical glue for our society that people see people like her pay. It's good for us as a people when this happens.

She faces up to 20 years. I hope she does at least 15 of them. She's a monster.
  • Options
    RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 101,160
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam

#metoo

I have heard she is trying to raise private money for another start-up. Who in the fuck would give this chick another dime? Jesus.

She goes to trial here pretty soon. One of the things that makes the US literally better than many other countries is that we generally are willing to hang wealthy and influential people. It's a critical glue for our society that people see people like her pay. It's good for us as a people when this happens.

A smart monster. She went after big names in the government establishment to lure other investors who were blinded by the big names thinking the establishment is smart and stuff
  • Options
    edited April 2021

#metoo

Bet she serves less than 5 at some white collar halfway house...the rulz don't apply to the elites and as fucked up and ostracized as she is she's still an elite. If I remember correctly she just got pregnant to help skirt the law.

We live in a banana republic now...we have a two-tiered justice system. Steal a grand and you do 20 years...steal a billion and you do time served and parole.
    Then, to me, THIS is what the populist mob should turn its attention to and stop wasting time crying over Trump's spilled milk and confederate statues. Elections, sure, I guess if you really believe there is there there to a greater extent than it's existed before.

But, again to me, punishing those who break the rules in the high game of finance is critically important. It's why the DOJ takes the insider trading laws seriously and enforces them vigorously. Same thing here. She's guilty of outright fraud and should sit in jail like Madoff had to sit.

Instead of arguing with strangers on Facebook about the culture wars, I would like to see the sharp end of the populist movement's arrow pointed at enforcing the rules on people who have money.

I like money and believe those who earn more of it than others get to have the luxuries that money affords. I'm not a communist. But if they cheat to get it, then fuck it ... you treat them like you'd treat any other thief.

I know, the Tug. @RaceBannon will let this one slide.
  • Options
    HoustonHuskyHoustonHusky Member Posts: 5,951
    First Anniversary First Comment Photogenic 5 Awesomes
    edited April 2021

#metoo

Bet she serves less than 5 at some white collar halfway house...the rulz don't apply to the elites and as fucked up and ostracized as she is she's still an elite. If I remember correctly she just got pregnant to help skirt the law.

We live in a banana republic now...we have a two-tiered justice system. Steal a grand and you do 20 years...steal a billion and you do time served and parole.
    Then, to me, THIS is what the populist mob should turn its attention to and stop wasting time crying over Trump's spilled milk and confederate statues. Elections, sure, I guess if you really believe there is there there to a greater extent than it's existed before.

But, again to me, punishing those who break the rules in the high game of finance is critically important. It's why the DOJ takes the insider trading laws seriously and enforces them vigorously. Same thing here. She's guilty of outright fraud and should sit in jail like Madoff had to sit.

Instead of arguing with strangers on Facebook about the culture wars, I would like to see the sharp end of the populist movement's arrow pointed at enforcing the rules on people who have money.

I like money and believe those who earn more of it than others get to have the luxuries that money affords. I'm not a communist. But if they cheat to get it, then fuck it ... you treat them like you'd treat any other thief.

https://www.cnbc.com/2021/03/17/elizabeth-holmes-trial-pushed-to-august-after-surprise-pregnancy-announcement.html
    Reference for my previous comment...my memory didn't fail me...

As for the rest...it was the embodiment of what Trump railed against (as an unlikely spokesman for the cause he was). And I'd argue the blatant securities fraud (ala Pelosi and many others) is a drop in the bucket for the selling out of the country's best interests for individual gains. The fucking POS Justin Amash was the perfect embodiment of it...railed against Trump and given a microphone because he was a Republican, but was never asked about the fact his family fortune was built on outsourcing the manufacturing of auto parts from Michigan to China. Means to an end...

The structure is rotten...it may have and probably always was rotten its just now much more apparent with the Internet...and the securities fraud is just but one small symptom of it. Hell, we had this week 100 woke CEOs complaining about election laws in Georgia that at worse mimic most of the rest of the nation. They know the way the tea leaves are blowing...they are selling out what they know is good for the country because they feed at the govt trough and can't dare stand up to the current insanity.

And I'd argue otherwise on the DOJ/SEC...Musk and Trevor Milton are perfect examples that you can get away with about anything...

• Options

#metoo

https://www.cnbc.com/2021/03/17/elizabeth-holmes-trial-pushed-to-august-after-surprise-pregnancy-announcement.html
    Reference for my previous comment...my memory didn't fail me...

As for the rest...it was the embodiment of what Trump railed against (as an unlikely spokesman for the cause he was). And I'd argue the blatant securities fraud (ala Pelosi and many others) is a drop in the bucket for the selling out of the country's best interests for individual gains. The fucking POS Justin Amash was the perfect embodiment of it...railed against Trump and given a microphone because he was a Republican, but was never asked about the fact his family fortune was built on outsourcing the manufacturing of auto parts from Michigan to China. Means to an end...

The structure is rotten...it may have and probably always was rotten its just now much more apparent with the Internet...and the securities fraud is just but one small symptom of it. Hell, we had this week 100 woke CEOs complaining about election laws in Georgia that at worse mimic most of the rest of the nation. They know the way the tea leaves are blowing...they are selling out what they know is good for the country because they feed at the govt trough and can't dare stand up to the current insanity.

And I'd argue otherwise on the DOJ/SEC...Musk and Trevor Milton are perfect examples that you can get away with about anything...

Fair.
  • Options
    HoustonHuskyHoustonHusky Member Posts: 5,951
    First Anniversary First Comment Photogenic 5 Awesomes
    And in case you aren’t frightened to your core about the banana republic this country is turning into this is the response for the CEOs that didn’t participate:

It’s straight fascism led by our Single party govt and being driven home by our fraudulent “woke” media...

I know...take it to the tug...
  • Options

And in case you aren’t frightened to your core about the banana republic this country is turning into this is the response for the CEOs that didn’t participate:

It’s straight fascism led by our Single party govt and being driven home by our fraudulent “woke” media...

I know...take it to the tug...
    I like Walmart's take. The truth is, corporates are political chameleons. They have to be. Inevitably, they have to advocate to both parties to thrive.
  • Options
    SwayeSwaye Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 41,060
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Founders Club

Swaye said:

I just went to read about her because I sort of wanted to bang her and in the first paragraph "her father, a former VP at Enron..."

You can't make this shit up. Apple landed right at the tree trunk there. Fathers and daughters. Crooks and thieves.

She would lock her crazy oversized eyes on you and you'd sign over everything you own
    I am a poor test case for judgement.