Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Comments

• doogiedoogie Member Posts: 15,072
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes
    Pump & Dump.

Sad.

I used to really respect Mark Cuban.
  • FireCohenFireCohen Member Posts: 21,823
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes
    Dude needs to stick to being rich and stop giving financial advice
  • creepycougcreepycoug Member Posts: 22,696
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Photogenic

You can never really trust the Cubans.

Hey now.
  • Pitchfork51Pitchfork51 Member Posts: 26,538
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Lol my 5700xt that I bought for 420 in Nov 19 is now going for like 1000.

Fucking ethereum
  • BasemanBaseman Member Posts: 12,365
    Sonics is probably a billionaire by now. Drug dealers on Silk Road were paid in Bitcoin. Anyone who didn't cash out is stinking rich. Sonics said last August he was taking his millions and buying Ethereum,
  • BleachedAnusDawgBleachedAnusDawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 10,383
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Founders Club
    This dipshit has done nothing outside of a lucky tech sale at the height of the tech bubble that gave him cash to buy the Mavs. His previous hot take for starting the process of getting rich was to buy lots of tooth paste when it's on sale because that's more money in your pockets in the long run.

This dipshit has done nothing outside of a lucky tech sale at the height of the tech bubble that gave him cash to buy the Mavs. His previous hot take for starting the process of getting rich was to buy lots of tooth paste when it's on sale because that's more money in your pockets in the long run.

Would you swap your $ for Cubes?
  • BleachedAnusDawgBleachedAnusDawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 10,383
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Founders Club
    Baseman said:

Better to be lucky than good, but he really is not qualified to be giving financial investing advice. If he was born 20 years earlier in life he's just another mid-level exec.

Baseman said:

Better to be lucky than good, but he really is not qualified to be giving financial investing advice. If he was born 20 years earlier in life he's just another mid-level exec.
    Well? Yes or no?
  • creepycougcreepycoug Member Posts: 22,696
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Photogenic

Baseman said:

The only thing is, I think he does make money in the PE world. It's just not front-page news worthy. When you live like he does (sports teams, etc.), even with his initial big hit he'd blow through it eventually.

I have heard he is a quiet investor in a lot of shit that has eventually been successful.
  • PurpleThrobberPurpleThrobber Member Posts: 41,652
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    edited April 2021

Baseman said:

The only thing is, I think he does make money in the PE world. It's just not front-page news worthy. When you live like he does (sports teams, etc.), even with his initial big hit he'd blow through it eventually.

I have heard he is a quiet investor in a lot of shit that has eventually been successful.
    I'm familiar with a company that went through the due diligence process with Cuban's group. From what I understand, it was the most comprehensive request list ever compiled. They leave no stone unturned.

Doubtful that is Cuban steering that ship -but someone in that organization who controls the purse strings or is personally responsible for the investments is a ball buster extraordinaire.

It's fucking amazing what people will do for a couple hundred grand of seed money and what they will give up on subsequent rounds. Which is why i despise venture money -those fucks suck you in with crack and flowery PR and take 80% of the founders company and the founder doesn't even know it until down the road a few more rounds.

• RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 30,123
    Swaye's Wigwam
    My problem with Cuban is the NFT bullshit. He knows it’s make believe bullshit, but he got in early and is making big money from it so he pretends it’s great. He even had a comment about physical ownership not being important. Why hang a Rembrandt on the wall when you can have it as a NFT. He was also tragically wrong about Bitcoin and said bananas had more value but is all about it now.