Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Comments

• Options
    SFGbobSFGbob Member Posts: 31,922
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Standard Supporter
    Don't hold your breath waiting for assholes like the Dazzler who danced around screaming about how Trump was destroying our norms and institution to object to this.
  • Options
    WestlinnDuckWestlinnDuck Member Posts: 14,009
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes
    Standard Supporter
    Seems like a high character thing to do. I heard people vote for high character candidates and not on their positions because of FEELZ.
  • Options
    TequillaTequilla Member Posts: 19,815
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes 5 Fuck Offs
    Never underestimate liberals to have studies to determine if studies are needed

What’s sad is most liberals think this is a good idea and that there’s nothing to see here
  • Options
    Pitchfork51Pitchfork51 Member Posts: 26,605
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker

Tequilla said:

What’s sad is most liberals think this is a good idea and that there’s nothing to see here

Leftist not liberal but that is a minor quibble

What they fail to account for is nothing stays the same forever. That left wing court they dream of could be a right wing court someday. Like the sanctuary city crowd now watching states becoming sanctuaries for not following federal gun laws.

FDR tried to pack the court too and failed. What's next for Joe? Internment camps?
    Quibble is a hate infused word
  • Options
    DerekJohnsonDerekJohnson Administrator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 60,214
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Founders Club
    This is right out of an Ayn Rand novel
  • Options
    PurpleThrobberPurpleThrobber Member Posts: 41,932

Tequilla said:

Leftist not liberal but that is a minor quibble

What they fail to account for is nothing stays the same forever. That left wing court they dream of could be a right wing court someday. Like the sanctuary city crowd now watching states becoming sanctuaries for not following federal gun laws.

FDR tried to pack the court too and failed. What's next for Joe? Internment camps?
    I want top bunk.
  • Options
    EsophagealFecesEsophagealFeces Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 11,491
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Founders Club
    Can’t wait until the study determines that the court needs roughly 4-6 new members. Gonna be speshul.
  • Options

Can’t wait until the study determines that the court needs roughly 4-6 new members. Gonna be speshul.

I mean if that’s what the experts say to do then what is Joe supposed to do? Follow the science/experts right?

There’s a decent chance that there is some merit in having a fresh view of the current status of anything ...

But the odds that there isn’t over reach here and that the bipartisan element shockingly becomes less bipartisan than it appears is obviously in play.

The leftist/liberal crew will lap up and defend anything that Biden does because at the end of the day, he isn’t mean bad Orange Man
  • Options
    Standard Supporter
    What does fresh view mean? Either the Constitution is a written document with words that have meaning or it isn't. Either you have 2A rights or you don't. Either you have 1A rights or you don't. Not hard to appoint 6 more wise Latinas and then the Constitution has no meaning. Just like in Oregon the Supreme Court just granted permanent executive order privileges to the Governor out of thin air.
  • Options

What does fresh view mean? Either the Constitution is a written document with words that have meaning or it isn't. Either you have 2A rights or you don't. Either you have 1A rights or you don't. Not hard to appoint 6 more wise Latinas and then the Constitution has no meaning. Just like in Oregon the Supreme Court just granted permanent executive order privileges to the Governor out of thin air.

We have added Amendments to the Constitution so I do think it’s disingenuous to say either we have a Constitution or not. It’s important to merge the spirit if the Constitution and the modern application.

I’m not against the idea of having a discussion on term limits for justices ... difference between discussions and enacting.

Likewise, I think it’d be good to streamline officially what the actual justice count is going forward. It’s had fluctuations up and down throughout history.

Lastly, I’d be ok with having discussions on whether or not having justices with subject matter expertise makes sense.

Finding ways to make the judicial system less political wouldn’t be a bad thing IMO
  • Options
    Standard Supporter
    edited April 2021
    Tequilla said:

We have added Amendments to the Constitution so I do think it’s disingenuous to say either we have a Constitution or not. It’s important to merge the spirit if the Constitution and the modern application. Why? If so, then pass a Constitutional Amendment. Think booze is bad, then pass a Constitutional Amendment banning booze in the US. If that turns out to be a big phucked up mistake, then pass an amendment repealing it.

I’m not against the idea of having a discussion on term limits for justices ... difference between discussions and enacting. I agree. I would support a Constitutional amendment for a term limit of say 15 years.

Likewise, I think it’d be good to streamline officially what the actual justice count is going forward. It’s had fluctuations up and down throughout history. Agree. Make it 9. The only movement off 9 has been dems trying to destroy the Court.

Lastly, I’d be ok with having discussions on whether or not having justices with subject matter expertise makes sense. Define subject matter expertise? Patent law? Tax law? How does that work? All the big cases are not that hard if you can read. The four justices that voted that making a movie about PIPS wasn't protected by the first amendment have subject matter expertise in what? Suppressing speech?

Finding ways to make the judicial system less political wouldn’t be a bad thing IMO
    It would be a good thing if the justices would actually read and follow the document.

• Options
    SFGbob said:

Tequilla said:

We have added Amendments to the Constitution so I do think it’s disingenuous to say either we have a Constitution or not. It’s important to merge the spirit if the Constitution and the modern application.

I’m not against the idea of having a discussion on term limits for justices ... difference between discussions and enacting.

Likewise, I think it’d be good to streamline officially what the actual justice count is going forward. It’s had fluctuations up and down throughout history.

Lastly, I’d be ok with having discussions on whether or not having justices with subject matter expertise makes sense.

And there is a clear process to Amend the Constitution. If you want to get rid of the 2nd Amendment there is a way to do so.
    I couldn't agree with you more on that

Regardless of where one's political leanings are, the blatant movement of this Administration to leverage Executive Power at a moment's notice should be alarming for all of us regardless of which side you lean to
  • Options

Tequilla said:

We have added Amendments to the Constitution so I do think it’s disingenuous to say either we have a Constitution or not. It’s important to merge the spirit if the Constitution and the modern application. Why? If so, then pass a Constitutional Amendment. Think booze is bad, then pass a Constitutional Amendment banning booze in the US. If that turns out to be a big phucked up mistake, then pass an amendment repealing it.

I’m not against the idea of having a discussion on term limits for justices ... difference between discussions and enacting. I agree. I would support a Constitutional amendment for a term limit of say 15 years.

Likewise, I think it’d be good to streamline officially what the actual justice count is going forward. It’s had fluctuations up and down throughout history. Agree. Make it 9. The only movement off 9 has been dems trying to destroy the Court.

Lastly, I’d be ok with having discussions on whether or not having justices with subject matter expertise makes sense. Define subject matter expertise? Patent law? Tax law? How does that work? All the big cases are not that hard if you can read. The four justices that voted that making a movie about PIPS wasn't protected by the first amendment have subject matter expertise in what? Suppressing speech?

It would be a good thing if the justices would actually read and follow the document.

My first comment was tied to people that are very much the Constitution is the Constitution and you can't change it ... the literal interpretation folks

Directionally, I think you're following what I was saying on subject matter expertise. I don't have a good feeling for how that would work out and I tend to fall into the mindset that you have. That said, I know that there are proponents out there of having more of a focal expertise out of the Supreme Court and I'd at least be willing to entertain the discussion.
  • Options
    PurpleThrobberPurpleThrobber Member Posts: 41,932
    edited April 2021
    Tequilla said:

SFGbob said:

Tequilla said:

And there is a clear process to Amend the Constitution. If you want to get rid of the 2nd Amendment there is a way to do so.
    I couldn't agree with you more on that

Regardless of where one's political leanings are, the blatant movement of this Administration to leverage Executive Power at a moment's notice should be alarming for all of us regardless of which side you lean to
    This motherfucking this.

If the pea brain leftists can't grasp this the fundamental basis for EVERYTHING the Throbber rails against, that the @RaceBannons and everyone they (the pea brains) perceive as being "Alt-Right" will go to the mat over the process in place, then they (again, the peabrains) should just go fuck themselves.

If the leftists don't like the way things are, call the Constitutional Convention and amend it. You'll either get what you want (unlikely) or cause the Republic to implode.

Do it.gif

• Options
    thechatchthechatch Member Posts: 5,592
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    The cheating in the election was pretty clearly worth it, iyam.