Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Stalin is now into season 3 of Yellowstone

DerekJohnsonDerekJohnson Administrator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 59,926
First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
Founders Club
I'm enjoying the show but am growing tired of the sanctimonious lectures from Monica Dutton. (The screenwriter is lecturing to the audience through her character. Once or twice, no problem. Constantly = tedious).

I thought having Tate get kidnapped by the evil developer / white supremacists was going too far and kind of ridiculous. I don't feel there was any need to have that be part of the story.

I'm really enjoying the whole dynamic amongst John Dutton, Beth, Kayce, Rip, Rainwater, Jimmy, etc. It's an entertaining mix.

Kind of strange how the brother dies in season 1 and he's never talked about again.

Kevin Costner does a great job as John Dutton

Hard to believe that Beth Dutton in real life is a Brit. (!!)

----

After Yellowstone, time for another K-Drama (The K2)

Comments

• Options
    BennyBeaverBennyBeaver Member Posts: 13,333
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes
  • Options
    RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 101,173
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Beth is in this too

• Options
    RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 101,173
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Season 2 really ramped up the violence. I think the developer bros were put with white supremacists in case anyone was queasy about the Dutton family killing them

Spoiler alert

Wait till you see season 3 final
  • Options
    Founders Club
    One other pet peeve... So, just a couple weeks after Beth is beaten and raped IN HER OFFICE by mercenaries of their enemies, John Dutton is sitting at his ranch and casually lets his little grandson go outside by himself to feed the horses? That made no sense and was ridiculous.

Yes, I also saw what Yella and someone else here were saying about the fishing scene. It looked like John Dutton had never fished before and was oddly dressed.

ATBS, I am enjoying the show a lot.
  • Options
    Founders Club
    Oh... Governor Perry has sexy eyes
  • Options
    JoeEDangerouslyJoeEDangerously Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 6,116
    Founders Club
    My favorite part of the show is the Cowboys and the bunkhouse banter. Monica is depressing and sucks. The old timey gravelly voiced quotes from all the characters are getting old and tired. Almost too much drama at times
  • Options
    JoeEDangerouslyJoeEDangerously Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 6,116
    Founders Club

Noc

You’re probably right but you can still suck on our rifles
  • Options
    Founders Club

My favorite part of the show is the Cowboys and the bunkhouse banter. Monica is depressing and sucks. The old timey gravelly voiced quotes from all the characters are getting old and tired. Almost too much drama at times

If you take away Monica's stunning looks, she's nothing. She has the personality of a wet mop. I'm talking about the character, not the actress.
  • Options
    Founders Club
    "Don't stop loving me to kill something"

Probably the cheesiest line of dialogue in the history of television and film
  • Options
    BennyBeaverBennyBeaver Member Posts: 13,333
    See?

It’s twash.
  • Options
    YellowSnowYellowSnow Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 33,864
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam

If you take away Monica's stunning looks, she's nothing. She has the personality of a wet mop. I'm talking about the character, not the actress.
    I wasn’t a fan in Season 1. Sounds like she doesn’t get any better.
  • Options
    greenbloodgreenblood Member Posts: 14,277
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment Combo Breaker
    Hopefully the separation with Kasey continues and we don't see much of her. She's hot, don't get me wrong, but she's a pill.
  • Options
    AtomicDawgAtomicDawg Member Posts: 6,974
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes

Hopefully the separation with Kasey continues and we don't see much of her. She's hot, don't get me wrong, but she's a pill.

As long she keeps pumping out the Native American gangsta rap to the kids She can stay! Wtf was that
  • Options
    Founders Club
    Jamie is an evil son of a bitch
  • Options
    TurdBomberTurdBomber Member Posts: 19,739
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    edited March 2021
    Much to like about the show. But another Costner vehicle with another shitty voice/accent really pushes my limits. Sorry, but Costner just lacks the folksiness of Sam Elliott or even Wilfred Brimley. His fake-raspy voice is fake as fuck and fucking sucks. Came for the scenery, stayed for the T&A.

Sorta wish Costner would get trampled to death by Tatonkas, but that might kill the show. So I'll go on suffering through it.
  • Options
    AtomicDawgAtomicDawg Member Posts: 6,974
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes

Much to like about the show. But another Costner vehicle with another shitty voice/accent really pushes my limits. Sorry, but Costner just lacks the folksiness of Sam Elliott or even Wilfred Brimley. His fake-raspy voice is fake as fuck and fucking sucks. Came for the scenery, stayed for the T&A.

Sorta wish Costner would get trampled to death by Tatonkas, but that might kill the show. So I'll go on suffering through it.

I don’t mind Costner’s character. But the voice is annoying as hell and unnecessary. I like his character when he threatens to kick Jamie’s ass. Entertaining.
  • Options
    TurdBomberTurdBomber Member Posts: 19,739
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment

I don’t mind Costner’s character. But the voice is annoying as hell and unnecessary. I like his character when he threatens to kick Jamie’s ass. Entertaining.
    Precisely. Utterly and completely unnecessary.