Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Front running

doogiedoogie Member Posts: 15,072
edited May 2022 in Tug Tavern
“... the night before the Archegos Capital story burst into public view late last month, the fund’s biggest prime broker quietly unloaded some of its risky positions to hedge funds, people with knowledge of the trades told CNBC."

https://www.zerohedge.com/markets/gigantic-clusterfk-how-morgan-stanley-avoided-10bn-archegos-losses-selling-first

Comments

• godawgstgodawgst Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 2,451 Founders Club
    Morgan Stanley did get out (saving themselves 25 points on their share price, not to mention a 5% correction in the market the last 2 weeks) but there are some really po'd hedge funds that aren't going to forget along with regulators and attorneys tuning up the band from the legal side of things.
  • TheRoarOfTheCrowdTheRoarOfTheCrowd Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 1,686 Founders Club
    edited April 2021
    It's an old story... it's hard to not know what you now know, and to then not act on what you know. Congressional leaders and policy makers have the same issues with the same outcomes.
  • creepycougcreepycoug Member Posts: 22,987
    Can someone please explain to me how Morgan Stanley didn’t violate Rule 10b-5 here?

I guess this was just a few days ago ....
  • SourcesSources Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 3,964 Founders Club

Can someone please explain to me how Morgan Stanley didn’t violate Rule 10b-5 here?

No, but I'm sure there's an explanation that only makes sense for those involved to sort out behind closed doors.
  • doogiedoogie Member Posts: 15,072

• PurpleThrobberPurpleThrobber Member Posts: 43,635 Standard Supporter
    doogie said:

Cramer was sporting a boner this morning for Jamie Dimon's manifesto on the free market and equality.

So, for sure, Dimon was doing some shady shit if he's got the PR machine running at full bore.

Fuck bankers.

• RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 104,631 Founders Club
    Chase is not your friend