Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Hamier's reason for leaving...

louism2washlouism2wash Member Posts: 330
5 Awesomes First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment
He basically throws Hop under the bus and says his talent was wasted at UW. Did Hamier not get plenty of minutes in his first few seasons at UW and do nothing with them? What does Hamier do well? It's not rebounding, scoring or defending...

https://www.si.com/college/washington/basketball/the-noah-dickerson-podcast-hameir-wright-talks-of-his-frustrations

Comments

• GreenRiverGatorzGreenRiverGatorz Member Posts: 10,147
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    That dipshit doesn't have talent to waste, awful head coach or not.
  • dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes

He basically throws Hop under the bus and says his talent was wasted at UW. Did Hamier not get plenty of minutes in his first few seasons at UW and do nothing with them? What does Hamier do well? It's not rebounding, scoring or defending...

https://www.si.com/college/washington/basketball/the-noah-dickerson-podcast-hameir-wright-talks-of-his-frustrations

That dipshit doesn't have talent to waste, awful head coach or not.

FOCUS DAMMIT!!!

#FireHop
  • TequillaTequilla Member Posts: 19,800
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes 5 Fuck Offs
    It’s easy to blame Hop and that’s great

Wright does a good job though of proving that his legacy in the program will be thanks for your contributions but don’t expect too many calls in the future

There isn’t much worse from my perspective at selfish behavior that puts you above the team’s success

Also, hard for me to have sympathy for someone saying they didn’t get an opportunity when they never capitalized on the minutes they had
  • Miley_CyrusMiley_Cyrus Member Posts: 793
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Hameir is exactly the same player he was as a freshman. It’s a bad look that he’s blaming the coaches for it, but good coaches don’t let that happen.
  • QuietcowskeeQuietcowskee Member Posts: 3,060
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
    I’ve listened to more of these Noah Dickerson shows. I was surprised at how Dickerson (diplomatically) dismissed Hop a couple episodes ago, given that he only had success under Hop.

Said he preferred Romar because he caters to the player’s strengths vs Hop the “system guy.”
  • AtomicDawgAtomicDawg Member Posts: 6,958
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes

I’ve listened to more of these Noah Dickerson shows. I was surprised at how Dickerson (diplomatically) dismissed Hop a couple episodes ago, given that he only had success under Hop.

Said he preferred Romar because he caters to the player’s strengths vs Hop the “system guy.”

Apparently he enjoyed getting his ass kicked.
  • AtomicDawgAtomicDawg Member Posts: 6,958
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes
    Tequilla said:

Translation: I like my numbers better than getting wins
    As a fan you forget how often this happens on a team. It’s a thing though.
  • TequillaTequilla Member Posts: 19,800
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes 5 Fuck Offs

Tequilla said:

As a fan you forget how often this happens on a team. It’s a thing though.
    Yep ... and why if you’re recruiting or drafting properly, these are things you try to flush out while evaluating the player

Winning is a skill no matter what people believe
  • BroadcastingDawgBroadcastingDawg Member Posts: 1,245
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    😂😂😂😂

Hamier... you have no handle, the balance of 5-minute-old fawn, and a massive hitch in your stroke. On what fucking earth did someone “waste” your talent?
  • louism2washlouism2wash Member Posts: 330
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment

😂😂😂😂

Hamier... you have no handle, the balance of 5-minute-old fawn, and a massive hitch in your stroke. On what fucking earth did someone “waste” your talent?

Yeah, I just ask myself "what did Hamier do well?" and there isn't a single thing I can point to. He was mediocre or worse in all phases of the game.
  • BleachedAnusDawgBleachedAnusDawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 10,394
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Founders Club
    Hameir still living off of his recruiting profile. Lots of stars.

I mean he was ranked like 80th, that's not especially high in basketball. Means you project to not being drafted.
    Obviously he didn't come close to living up even that billing
  • BleachedAnusDawgBleachedAnusDawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 10,394
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Founders Club
    dnc said:

I mean he was ranked like 80th, that's not especially high in basketball. Means you project to not being drafted.
    For sure, but given there are 320-something D1 programs in hoops, and lets say each is taking 3 recruits a year, he was supposed to be a top-10% player in his class. He should have been a good college talent.

dnc said:

For sure, but given there are 320-something D1 programs in hoops, and lets say each is taking 3 recruits a year, he was supposed to be a top-10% player in his class. He should have been a good college talent.
    Very true
  • Miley_CyrusMiley_Cyrus Member Posts: 793
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment

dnc said:

I think a good coach turns Hameir into a solid player. Hop just didn’t do it.

He needs to fix his jumper and work on his back to the basket game. He didn’t do either.
  • haiehaie Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 20,350
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Tequilla said:

Hop's system is pure shit and has been proofed out over 2 seasons now, so how is this automatically a selfish thing from Dickerson?

It's possible to have a system that gets wins and showcases the talent of your players. Hop's does neither.