Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

It's going to hurt more than anybody thinks it ever could': Dire economic prediction issued

DerekJohnsonDerekJohnson Administrator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 62,466 Founders Club
edited May 2022 in Tug Tavern

Comments

• doogiedoogie Member Posts: 15,072
    Liquidity is something Nobody thinks about until there is none.
  • creepycougcreepycoug Member Posts: 22,987
    doogie said:

Liquidity is something Nobody thinks about until there is none.

Closely related to the notion that whether you were saving too much cash is a function of what actually happens IRL. If the shit hits the fan, you won't feel too bad about having sat on a pile of cashish.
  • HHuskyHHusky Member Posts: 20,405
    Harry Dent's premise that demographics matter is undoubtedly correct. Whether he is correct about what follows from the demographics is another matter.

He's been great at predicting the future, except when he's been terrible at it.
  • greenbloodgreenblood Member Posts: 14,309
    As long as you are debt free outside of your mortgage, you probably don't have much to worry about.
  • jecorneljecornel Member Posts: 9,726
    I think dent keeps a bottle in the drawer.
  • FireCohenFireCohen Member Posts: 21,823
    Dude is a fear mongering piece of shit. Fed has stepped in big time and will step in again. Take it to the fucking bank
  • 1to392831weretaken1to392831weretaken Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 7,529 Swaye's Wigwam

As long as you are debt free outside of your mortgage, you probably don't have much to worry about.

FUUUUUUUUUUUUUCK!!!!
  • TheRoarOfTheCrowdTheRoarOfTheCrowd Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 1,686 Founders Club
    FireCohen said:

Dude is a fear mongering piece of shit. Fed has stepped in big time and will step in again. Take it to the fucking bank

Really true... and yet he is absolutely right about levels of over valuation. And you are right as well, the FED has stepped in time and again and defeated the opposition to the point of becoming a False God.
  • dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614
    It's going to hurt more than anybody thinks it ever could':

I thought this was going to be about hiring Jimmy Lake
  • DerekJohnsonDerekJohnson Administrator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 62,466 Founders Club

FireCohen said:

Really true... and yet he is absolutely right about levels of over valuation. And you are right as well, the FED has stepped in time and again and defeated the opposition to the point of becoming a False God.
    This
    t

FireCohen said:

So if everything is overvalued then why even bother investing
  • creepycougcreepycoug Member Posts: 22,987
    FireCohen said:

t

FireCohen said:

Maybe it's the only way to keep up with inflation.
  • TheRoarOfTheCrowdTheRoarOfTheCrowd Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 1,686 Founders Club
    FireCohen said:

t

FireCohen said:

There are times when the best investment is no investment... investing is mostly about waiting for markets to evolve, sometimes that means waiting for investment opportunities to evolve into risk reward relationships that you are hoping for.

FireCohen said:

t

FireCohen said:

There are times when the best investment is no investment... investing is mostly about waiting for markets to evolve, sometimes that means waiting for investment opportunities to evolve into risk reward relationships that you are hoping for.
    Fuck that, most of us are stupid and lazy. Dollar average your way into dumb things
    Here is the argument: if you are already married because you married someone attractive that you kind of liked, it makes it more difficult to say yes to the woman of your dreams when she magically appears out of nowhere.... I know this because I had the fun of calling off my engagement while my fiancé was buying her wedding dress because I simply didn't wait for the woman of my dreams.... same thing with real estate or any other asset.. if you buy a house that seems like a good buy, when that dream house shows up at a remarkable price you are already stuck with a cost basis relationship that you don’t like for a swap

Patience is of value if you want what you want.

Here is the argument: if you are already married because you married someone attractive that you kind of liked, it makes it more difficult to say yes to the woman of your dreams when she magically appears out of nowhere.... I know this because I had the fun of calling off my engagement while my fiancé was buying her wedding dress because I simply didn't wait for the woman of my dreams.... same thing with real estate or any other asset.. if you buy a house that seems like a good buy, when that dream house shows up at a remarkable price you are already stuck with a cost basis relationship that you don’t like for a swap

How much the calling of the weeding cost you?
  • Doog_de_JourDoog_de_Jour Member Posts: 7,959 Standard Supporter
    edited March 2021

And did you find the dream woman?
    edited March 2021

Lol of course not, this is real life not some movie

Absolutely....
  • DerekJohnsonDerekJohnson Administrator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 62,466 Founders Club

Absolutely....
    link?