Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Ben Carson warns growing homelessness will have a 'devastating impact' on American society

Comments

• Options
    GreenRiverGatorzGreenRiverGatorz Member Posts: 10,147
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    It's odd hearing Ben Carson parrot the same "housing first" talking points that Seattle politicians have been advocating for for awhile. And he's partially right. But those of us who who are intimately familiar with the west coast homeless meccas know full well that the bigger problem is the proportion of homeless people who refuse housing or shelter, opting instead to "live free" on city sidewalks and parks. I've yet to hear any good federal solutions to that problem.
  • Options
    thechatchthechatch Member Posts: 5,571
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes

It's odd hearing Ben Carson parrot the same "housing first" talking points that Seattle politicians have been advocating for for awhile. And he's partially right. But those of us who who are intimately familiar with the west coast homeless meccas know full well that the bigger problem is the proportion of homeless people who refuse housing or shelter, opting instead to "live free" on city sidewalks and parks. I've yet to hear any good federal solutions to that problem.

My solution is to stop enabling open air drug use, bus them the fuck out, and hope that you aren’t the last mayor to pull their head out of their ass.

Let it be San Francisco’s problem
  • Options
    MelloDawgMelloDawg Member Posts: 6,134
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    thechatch said:

My solution is to stop enabling open air drug use, bus them the fuck out, and hope that you aren’t the last mayor to pull their head out of their ass.

That's how Bellevue sees it, but replace San Francisco with Seattle.
  • Options
    MelloDawg said:

thechatch said:

Sucks for Seattle 🤷‍♂️
  • Options
    GreenRiverGatorzGreenRiverGatorz Member Posts: 10,147
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    thechatch said:

MelloDawg said:

thechatch said:

Sucks for Seattle 🤷‍♂️
    Doesn't it always?
  • Options

thechatch said:

MelloDawg said:

thechatch said:

Sucks for Seattle 🤷‍♂️
    Doesn't it always?
    Cater to drug addicts and attack small business and this is what you get. Small business moves out and homeless people move in.

This doesn’t have to be that complicated.