Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Now do a comparison of how much money Women's B-ball brings in compared to Men's

2»

Comments

• Options
    RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 30,123
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam
    It’s a dumb argument. Pay discrimination happens, but sports isn’t the argument for it.
  • Options
    WestlinnDuckWestlinnDuck Member Posts: 13,924
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes
    Standard Supporter

It’s a dumb argument. Pay discrimination happens, but sports isn’t the argument for it.

If the product is based on supply and demand, then it isn't pay discrimination. Gisselle has made a lot more money in her career than Tom. Was Tom subject to pay discrimination?
  • Options
    LebamDawgLebamDawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 8,545
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment
    Swaye's Wigwam
    all that extra space they could have put in a couple kitchens, vacuum cleaners, robotic kids they could care for (actually use as weights)

Jaw too strong, agree
    but the bigger one - voice too whiny
  • Options
    SFGbobSFGbob Member Posts: 31,920
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Standard Supporter

If every house had a much NCAA woman's hoops on as mine, they'd bring in more ad revenue than football.

FML
    Reveals more than you know.
  • Options
    HHuskyHHusky Member Posts: 19,175
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment

If every house had a much NCAA woman's hoops on as mine, they'd bring in more ad revenue than football.

FML
    It's good basketball.
  • Options
    RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 101,381
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Said no one ever
  • Options
    Standard Supporter
    edited March 2021
    So far this year I've watched one-half of a woman's basketball game (WNBA or college) and that was the second game of the Oregon women's win over Georgia to go to the sweet 16. My daughter played in high school and I loved watching the games but unless you have family in the game it's almost unwatchable. Watched about half of the NFL games as I did in 2019. I'm sure that Kate Brown will make the Duck game day experience painful this fall. Even without restrictions guessing the stands will be less than 3/4 full. Probably my last year for tickets.
  • Options
    HHuskyHHusky Member Posts: 19,175
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment

Said no one ever

You need to get out more.

Wear your mask, though.
  • Options
    YellowSnowYellowSnow Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 33,938
    Swaye's Wigwam

So far this year I've watched one-half of a woman's basketball game (WNBA or college) and that was the second game of the Oregon women's win over Georgia to go to the sweet 16. My daughter played in high school and I loved watching the games but unless you have family in the game it's almost unwatchable. Watched about half of the NFL games as I did in 2019. I'm sure that Kate Brown will make the Duck game day experience painful this fall. Even without restrictions guessing the stands will be less than 3/4 full. Probably my last year for tickets.

I married into D.1 hoops. Mostly it's a positive in life, but yeah, it's pretty boring to watch. But I say that about most sports ball. College football is about the only thing that gets my attention.

• Options
    Standard Supporter
    Love/loved college football. Chicoms and their high character enablers probably ruined it for life on the west coast. College baseball or softball is a nice watch if your team is solid.
  • Options
    Fire_Marshall_BillFire_Marshall_Bill Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 22,854
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Founders Club
    the girl's soccer team lost to the U 15 Dallass select team. Noone GAF about women's sports besides Prius soy boys and maybe their parents
  • Options
    SledogSledog Member Posts: 30,809

I’ve never watched more than probably 10 minutes of any woman’s college sport in my life. I’m not against them and do think women should be able to play sports, but let’s be realistic. They should be happy that they exist and some have scholarships.

All paid for by football and BBall.
  • Options
    Standard Supporter
    Sledog said:

I’ve never watched more than probably 10 minutes of any woman’s college sport in my life. I’m not against them and do think women should be able to play sports, but let’s be realistic. They should be happy that they exist and some have scholarships.

The irony is that the leftard response to the chicom crud will leave most college athletic departments deeply broken with lots of layoffs and a huge decrease in budgets across the board with many sports descending to club levels. No tournaments in Hawaii or Arizona, lots of bus trips. Not a lot of Trump voters in these groups.
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam

Sledog said:

The irony is that the leftard response to the chicom crud will leave most college athletic departments deeply broken with lots of layoffs and a huge decrease in budgets across the board with many sports descending to club levels. No tournaments in Hawaii or Arizona, lots of bus trips. Not a lot of Trump voters in these groups.
    Hard to be the conference of champions when you think you can take a year off football.
  • Options
    doogiedoogie Member Posts: 15,072
    Unless your Championship is the elimination of Sports
  • Options
    PurpleThrobberPurpleThrobber Member Posts: 41,861
    Big fan of the women’s game since the Skyler Diggans nudes broke.
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam
    I DRIKIG IRSH WHISKE. I WATCHIG COWS AT HORS RACE.