Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Doing away with our norms and traditions.

SFGbobSFGbob Member Posts: 31,920
First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
Standard Supporter
Dazzler, where do you stand on doing away with the filibuster? I know you're HUGE on maintaining our historical norms and our institutional integrity, I just wanted to check in here.

Comments

• Options
    doogiedoogie Member Posts: 15,072
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes
    Looking for the conseeeeeeeeervative hot take?
  • Options
    SoutherndawgSoutherndawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 8,235
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Founders Club

I'm hearing from the performative virtue signalers that the filibuster is Jim Crow in a suit. Unless the GOP has the majority. Just what I'm hearing, don't spin. Don't be a spinner.
  • Options
    HHuskyHHusky Member Posts: 19,173
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    SFGbob said:

Dazzler, where do you stand on doing away with the filibuster? I know you're HUGE on maintaining our historical norms and our institutional integrity, I just wanted to check in here.

It's been altered many times over the years. It doesn't have to be all or nothing.
  • Options
    WestlinnDuckWestlinnDuck Member Posts: 13,924
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes
    Standard Supporter
    SFGbob said:

Always had mixed feelings but decided that the filibuster should have been removed when the republicans had the Senate. But the RINOs didn't and relied on the dems promise that they wouldn't eliminate the filibuster when in the majority because it was so important to have a consensus on major policy changes. So, I'll take them up on that promise.
  • Options
    RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 101,377
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    HHusky said:

SFGbob said:

It's been altered many times over the years. It doesn't have to be all or nothing.
    So what "altering" is being proposed?

99% is dump it. Patient #1 rambles about making people actually talk through it.

What do you favor? I'm for keeping as is.