Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

It's a Service Business

pawzpawz Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 18,798
First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
Founders Club
edited May 2022 in Tug Tavern

Comments

• Options
    creepycougcreepycoug Member Posts: 22,743
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Photogenic
    For me, the real estate professional brings the most value in two aspects that I can't efficiently replicate on my own: (1) a true and objective perspective on the market and long-term value opportunity for what is going to be the most expensive thing you'll ever buy; and (2) a true and objective perspective on the market and long-term value opportunity for what is going to be the most expensive thing you'll ever sell.

I usually know what I want, and they can help me find it, but that's not the greatest service. I have found my last two houses.

And, then, yeah, while I can technically put a RE deal together myself, it is SO much easier to deal with an agent who will get the paperwork and escrow set up and have all that shit just happen. Moving real property is a pain in the ass.
  • Options
    Founders Club

For me, the real estate professional brings the most value in two aspects that I can't efficiently replicate on my own: (1) a true and objective perspective on the market and long-term value opportunity for what is going to be the most expensive thing you'll ever buy; and (2) a true and objective perspective on the market and long-term value opportunity for what is going to be the most expensive thing you'll ever sell.

I usually know what I want, and they can help me find it, but that's not the greatest service. I have found my last two houses.

And, then, yeah, while I can technically put a RE deal together myself, it is SO much easier to deal with an agent who will get the paperwork and escrow set up and have all that shit just happen. Moving real property is a pain in the ass.

I would add, that having an agent who knows how to navigate the WTF moments in a transaction is crucial. There is so many hidden liability grenades in a transaction, most don't realize it until its too late.

Did anybody mention buying a home is rated in the top 3 most stressful things in a person's life?

• Options
    TequillaTequilla Member Posts: 19,815
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes 5 Fuck Offs
    Big picture you get what you pay for

When you understand what that really means, then life becomes much easier
  • Options
    Founders Club

pawz said:

I would add, that having an agent who knows how to navigate the WTF moments in a transaction is crucial. There is so many hidden liability grenades in a transaction, most don't realize it until its too late.

Did anybody mention buying a home is rated in the top 3 most stressful things in a person's life?

We bought in 87. I told the mortgage asswipe no adjustable mortgage for obvious reasons if you were alive then

Told him not to waste our time if that's all we could get. I was self employed at the time

No problem we can lock you in.

Find a house get an offer accepted

Asswipe calls me with an ARM. I said what the fuck. He said that's how it is

I said fuck off. Called our agent and reamed her and said don't bother me again

The sellers agent from Windermere called me and said give me 24 hours

Came back with a fixed

Thats an agent

A good broker will have a stable available to make anything you need happen. That's also part of the service you pay for.

• Options
    All true points.
  • Options
    pawz said:

pawz said:

We bought in 87. I told the mortgage asswipe no adjustable mortgage for obvious reasons if you were alive then

Told him not to waste our time if that's all we could get. I was self employed at the time

No problem we can lock you in.

Find a house get an offer accepted

Asswipe calls me with an ARM. I said what the fuck. He said that's how it is

I said fuck off. Called our agent and reamed her and said don't bother me again

The sellers agent from Windermere called me and said give me 24 hours

Came back with a fixed

Thats an agent

A good broker will have a stable available to make anything you need happen. That's also part of the service you pay for.

That's fucking delivering right there.

There is nothing more confounding to me than when I deal with anybody in the stream of commerce, as it were, who has the attitude that they are doing me a favor. And we all know it when it's there - it's an unmistakable stench in the air.

As I've grown older, my willingness to just turn right the fuck around ... no chat, no 'fuck off', no 'why are you being this way?', no "i'm going elsewhere', no anything. The instant I get that feeling I leave, often with my Chief Spending Officer running after me saying, "where are you going?"

Somewhere else honey. Not here.