Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Comments

• Options
    creepycougcreepycoug Member Posts: 22,741
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Photogenic
    One of mine is a soccer player. Let me tell you, I've grown very weary of the WNT. They've become quite full of themselves, and have forgotten that nobody really GAF.

Oh, yeah, people play the game and make it seem like they're enlightened and they're "really into it."

You know how you can tell if people are "really into it"? They put their money where their mouths are. Outside the novelty of the World Cup, which is just an excuse to go somewhere, the women's professional leagues can't make a fucking dime.

About the only women's sport I like to watch (unless one of my kids is involved) is track & field. And tennis. Women's tennis is good too. Otherwise, hard pass.
  • Options
    Bob_CBob_C Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 8,941
    5 Up Votes Photogenic First Anniversary 5 Awesomes
    Founders Club
    Woman’s golf is a decent watch these days.

• Options
    WestlinnDuckWestlinnDuck Member Posts: 13,924
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes
    Standard Supporter

One of mine is a soccer player. Let me tell you, I've grown very weary of the WNT. They've become quite full of themselves, and have forgotten that nobody really GAF.

Oh, yeah, people play the game and make it seem like they're enlightened and they're "really into it."

You know how you can tell if people are "really into it"? They put their money where their mouths are. Outside the novelty of the World Cup, which is just an excuse to go somewhere, the women's professional leagues can't make a fucking dime.

About the only women's sport I like to watch (unless one of my kids is involved) is track & field. And tennis. Women's tennis is good too. Otherwise, hard pass.

Sort of like the WNBA. Without the charity of ESPN, it would be gone. Hell, even soi boy Paul Allen stopped funding burning his money is a big pile for the Portland Fire WNBA team.
  • Options
    Blu82Blu82 Member Posts: 1,508
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
    I'll just leave this here.