Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Asa "Mercer" Turner (the Trevor Lawrence of WC DBs), 4* 2019 S, Carlsbad (HS), CA (Committed)

Comments

• Options
    Jdawg1991Jdawg1991 Member Posts: 148
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    Baseman said:

Getting mad about a guy who played the majority of his snaps as single high safety impact in the run game is funny. Especially since we sit our S like 20+ yards off the LOS.

Here's a few of my favs

Single high-safety: LOL

Pass completed. Molden wraps up. A real defensive player lives for opportunities to take somebody's fucking head off when their teammate has the opponent wrapped up.

Whoops!

In that play there was a man and a pussy. 1st and goal Stanford.

5'10 Elijah Molden, low, leads with his shoulder. Eddie correctly ran through and took on the tackle....which leaves someone for the cleanup.

Molden engages, Turner doesn't

When UW has savages on the field they rape Stanford. When UW plays pussies, Stanford makes them their bitch.

Are we done here?

So, let's assume you're actually a Husky fan. Do you think the next player we go head to head with Notre Dame will pick UW when they see posts like this? I hope Turner doesn't see this. I hope Jen gets the place shut down soon.
  • Options
    chuckchuck Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 10,612
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    FireCohen said:

Baseman said:

FireCohen said:

Baseman said:

Getting mad about a guy who played the majority of his snaps as single high safety impact in the run game is funny. Especially since we sit our S like 20+ yards off the LOS.

Here's a few of my favs

Pass completed. Molden wraps up. A real defensive player lives for opportunities to take somebody's fucking head off when their teammate has the opponent wrapped up.

Whoops!

5'10 Elijah Molden, low, leads with his shoulder. Eddie correctly ran through and took on the tackle....which leaves someone for the cleanup.

When UW has savages on the field they rape Stanford. When UW plays pussies, Stanford makes them their bitch.

Are we done here?

Asa = Keith Taylor at a safety position
    Awful take. Are you trying to be cute or are you really that ignorant?

Go watch the games he played corner on Youtube and say he's a pussy in run support He was one UW's better corner force CB's on wide runs that ever played there.

All I remember of Taylor missing some key tackles when it mattered
    Well, since you admittedly, barely remember anything, a wiser man would choose not to throw out shit takes like that. Especially when it's doubtful that you remember what you say you remember
  • Options
    haiehaie Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 20,449
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Jdawg1991 said:

Baseman said:

Here's a few of my favs

Whoops!

Are we done here?

I hope Jen gets the place shut down soon.
    That would be hilarious given that UW college basketball news is trashing her daily, and far worse than this place ever could.
  • Options
    GrundleStiltzkinGrundleStiltzkin Member Posts: 61,481
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Standard Supporter

dnc said:

Baseman said:

Baseman said:

Bread said:

Another update from Loy:

Just touched base with a source.

Turner still considering both options, nothing has been determined behind closed doors yet, but he has told both staffs that he wants to have a decision done by today.

So, essentially nothing new, but that's the latest around 5:45 pm.

Fuck Turner. Talent matters but he’s a pussy. Taylor Rapp, Tommie Smith. Tony Parrish et. All he’s not.

Pull the offer and double down on McCoy, Ford, Martinez, Hemuli, To’oto’o in January. I’d rather have the extra scholarship than some fag who can’t make up his mind, the kind of fag that hesitates on a bang bang play and costs us? a game.
    Fuck off all of you who disagreed. He's a pussy!
    Gotta admit I gave you a lot of shit and right now you’re looking pretty good. I still hope he figures it out but my confidence is lacking.
    Bullies offering apologies?
    Sad to see how far @dnc has fallen.
  • Options
    dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes

dnc said:

Baseman said:

Baseman said:

Bread said:

Another update from Loy:

Just touched base with a source.

Turner still considering both options, nothing has been determined behind closed doors yet, but he has told both staffs that he wants to have a decision done by today.

So, essentially nothing new, but that's the latest around 5:45 pm.

Fuck Turner. Talent matters but he’s a pussy. Taylor Rapp, Tommie Smith. Tony Parrish et. All he’s not.

Pull the offer and double down on McCoy, Ford, Martinez, Hemuli, To’oto’o in January. I’d rather have the extra scholarship than some fag who can’t make up his mind, the kind of fag that hesitates on a bang bang play and costs us? a game.
    Fuck off all of you who disagreed. He's a pussy!
    Gotta admit I gave you a lot of shit and right now you’re looking pretty good. I still hope he figures it out but my confidence is lacking.
    Bullies offering apologies?
    Nega please
  • Options
    backthepackbackthepack Member Posts: 19,794
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker 5 Awesomes

If Turner was a 2 star FudgePack wouldn't say he's good. He's not. All you had to do was watch the games. You see him mis one tackle and focus on him and each play seems worse.

No I would say what I’ve said, he’s an average player with some nice tools. I never said he was an AA or all-conference roadie. I just hope he puts it all together. It’s almost like our DBs improve a lot from year to year! He was asked to basically cover Manu’s and Welly’s ass last year as a 6”4 180 LB true freshmen.
  • Options
    backthepackbackthepack Member Posts: 19,794
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker 5 Awesomes

If Turner was a 2 star FudgePack wouldn't say he's good. He's not. All you had to do was watch the games. You see him mis one tackle and focus on him and each play seems worse.

Fudgie is from the SubK school of talent evaluation. Trash players who are actual contributors and makE excuses for players who clearly suck or have shown nothing because of his opinions on them as high school recruits.
    Wrong. There’s plenty of lower rated guys that I suck the dicks of like Curne, Eddie, ZTF, Azeem etc.
  • Options
    1to392831weretaken1to392831weretaken Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 7,300
    Swaye's Wigwam

He’ll be good this year even if he’s a pussy (good in coverage, run game NOGAF it can’t hurt you like the pass game can). Least of my worries.

Taking the stance that "having a safety who's useless in the run game doesn't hurt you" is a pretty ice cold take given that the last game we played featured us getting gashed by a squad of shitty nerds for that very reason.
    You don’t have to be a big hitter to be effective in the run game, get your fits and make the tackle. He did it more times than not.
    Caught more than he dropped POTD.

• Options
    TomRinaldisPianoTomRinaldisPiano Member Posts: 90
    5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Anniversary Name Dropper
    edited March 2021

Fudgie is from the SubK school of talent evaluation. Trash players who are actual contributors and makE excuses for players who clearly suck or have shown nothing because of his opinions on them as high school recruits.
    Wrong. There’s plenty of lower rated guys that I suck the dicks of like Curne, Eddie, ZTF, Azeem etc.

From the plains of Nebraska, to the dugout in Pittsburg; legendary baseball manager Clint Hurdle is a leader of men.

Years ago when the Pirates hit a tough stretch, no one would have faulted Hurdle and his young players had they quit. But Clint Hurdle is not a quitter.

At the Pirates darkest hour, Hurdle called a players' only meeting. The players formed a semi-circle around the center of the visitors' clubhouse.

When Hurdle entered, a hush fell over the room.

Hurdle made eye contact with every player, bobbing his head, he let the moment sink in.

With a fire in his voice, he imparted this wisdom. "If you suck one dick," the impassioned Hurdle told his players "it doesn't make you a cocksucker."

Thanks for the memories. Go ahead and end this thread.

Reese?
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam

No I would say what I’ve said, he’s an average player with some nice tools. I never said he was an AA or all-conference roadie. I just hope he puts it all together. It’s almost like our DBs improve a lot from year to year! He was asked to basically cover Manu’s and Welly’s ass last year as a 6”4 180 LB true freshmen.
    They improve technique in many cases, but not all. Pussies remain pussies though, and you're not watching if you don't think he's a pussy.

Everything he does is to minimize risk of contact that isn't entirely on his terms. He intentionally engages blockers or drifts into useless positioning rather than risking being isolated on the RB in the hole. It's painfully obvious. He only likes contact where he can pick and choose who and how he engages.

He's completely useless against the run. You don't have to be a big hitter, but you have to be a willing one and also willing to drag a guy down with you as you get steam rolled. Do you see Turner developing in those areas?
  • Options
    dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    chuck said:

They improve technique in many cases, but not all. Pussies remain pussies though, and you're not watching if you don't think he's a pussy.

Everything he does is to minimize risk of contact that isn't entirely on his terms. He intentionally engages blockers or drifts into useless positioning rather than risking being isolated on the RB in the hole. It's painfully obvious. He only likes contact where he can pick and choose who and how he engages.

He's completely useless against the run. You don't have to be a big hitter, but you have to be a willing one and also willing to drag a guy down with you as you get steam rolled. Do you see Turner developing in those areas?
    I'm holding out hope he was hiding an injury last year. He's half Poly and Polys are generally not pussies.

I agree it doesn't look good.
  • Options

From the plains of Nebraska, to the dugout in Pittsburg; legendary baseball manager Clint Hurdle is a leader of men.

Years ago when the Pirates hit a tough stretch, no one would have faulted Hurdle and his young players had they quit. But Clint Hurdle is not a quitter.

At the Pirates darkest hour, Hurdle called a players' only meeting. The players formed a semi-circle around the center of the visitors' clubhouse.

When Hurdle entered, a hush fell over the room.

Hurdle made eye contact with every player, bobbing his head, he let the moment sink in.

With a fire in his voice, he imparted this wisdom. "If you suck one dick," the impassioned Hurdle told his players "it doesn't make you a cocksucker."

Thanks for the memories. Go ahead and end this thread.

Reese?
    Yeah, like Tom Rinaldi would ever post here. Pathetic!
  • Options
    RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 30,123
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam

He didn’t cover for anyone. He’s a pussy.
  • Options
    TommySQCTommySQC Member Posts: 5,813

He’ll be good this year even if he’s a pussy (good in coverage, run game NOGAF it can’t hurt you like the pass game can). Least of my worries.

Taking the stance that "having a safety who's useless in the run game doesn't hurt you" is a pretty ice cold take given that the last game we played featured us getting gashed by a squad of shitty nerds for that very reason.
    I thought good teams are abandoning the run for the spread. Saban said so.
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam

We don't hate him because of his true freshman year. We hate him because of his glaring softness in his four game sophomore year. I've never seen a safety shy away from contact like he did at the college level. So there's not really a precedent. Maybe he can shake it off and find his balls. Or maybe he's fundamentally broken.
    I saw it as alarming when he clearly wanted to go to Note Dame but was hesitating because they wanted to put him in the box.

I think he has revealed what kind of player he is. He should have been a boundary CB at best, or better yet a receiver. I think he's just a guy who's physical tools don't match his mentality. Doesn't make him a bad guy, just one without a position.
  • Options
    QuietcowskeeQuietcowskee Member Posts: 3,086
    I think he needs Bookie to give him the ol’ Pharms piss down his own leg, “scared straight” treatment.

• Options

You don’t have to be a big hitter to be effective in the run game, get your fits and make the tackle. He did it more times than not. You guys are getting caught up in aesthetics of his game. I was being hyperbolic. He was an average player last year with very good tools. I think it’s silly to write him off already.
    Wow. I thought these guys were kidding about these takes.