Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Oklahoma DB Brendan Radley-Hiles transferring to Washington Huskies means this

Comments

• Options
    NeGgaPlEaSeNeGgaPlEaSe Member Posts: 5,729
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Looks like he isn’t playing Nickel
  • Options
    dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614

We need him much more at safety IMO. We have plenty of options for second outside corner across from Trent with Gordon in the slot.
  • Options
    chuckchuck Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 10,634
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam

dnc said:

We need him much more at safety IMO. We have plenty of options for second outside corner across from Trent with Gordon in the slot.
    Yep. Play him at safety and let Turner and the others bums battle it out at the other spot. I’ll be so happy if someone beats out Turner.
    You don't feel there's any chance Turner turns it around. I don't think I do either. I think Cam Williams is a good player but too limited as an athlete to be a starter. :

Cook...haven't given up on him yet. Four games at safety after coming in at WR isn't enough to fully judge him. He has the size and speed.

Irvin..Don't know if he's still injury hampered. If not then I think he's the other boundary corner.

Hampton...I'd rather a guy his size with CB skills stay at CB, but I'd guess he has lost a little quickness as bug as he is.

Radley...boom!

Gordon...I like him better as a read and react, freelance type of player than as an outside corner where I think he peeks too much and is prone to getting burned. Slot or safety, but i wouldn't blink an eye if he ended up bouncing around a bit more than Molden did.

Maybe, just maybe, Turner can be useful in the slot at times, against teams featuring the TE or big receivers. Or maybe Hampton takes that role.

I still think Hampton or Irvin stays at outside corner, Gordon in the slot, and the other of Irving/Hampton at safety alongside Radley. I hope that's what happens.
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam

I don’t think Turner will turn it around. The lack of physicality was alarming. I know what he was doing. He was getting close and whiffing on purpose or getting caught in the mess of the blockers. It was obvious.

Maybe he was hurt and had a bad shoulder or something. It’s a little more forgivable if that’s the case, but it would still be alarming for his future.

I’m a broken record about Turner but I honestly don’t remember a Husky that soft. I’m sure there have been some, but not since Pete took over.

Good description. That's what we all saw but it hasn't been put into words quite like that.
  • Options
    KidsInCagesDawgKidsInCagesDawg Member Posts: 332
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment

chuck said:

I don’t think Turner will turn it around. The lack of physicality was alarming. I know what he was doing. He was getting close and whiffing on purpose or getting caught in the mess of the blockers. It was obvious.

Maybe he was hurt and had a bad shoulder or something. It’s a little more forgivable if that’s the case, but it would still be alarming for his future.

I’m a broken record about Turner but I honestly don’t remember a Husky that soft. I’m sure there have been some, but not since Pete took over.

Good description. That's what we all saw but it hasn't been put into words quite like that.
    I once did exactly what he did at Central Football Camp playing against Jonathan Stewart.
    In ping pong?
  • Options
    Mitch_CumsteenMitch_Cumsteen Member Posts: 77
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    Jesus, you guys got Bookie? My condolences. You will hate him. What he lacks in talent, intellect and effort he makes up for acting like one of the biggest jackasses I've ever seen on a football field. And don't get me wrong, I appreciate a good shit talker but this clown backs none of it up. As a Texas fan, I was very sorry to see him leave Oklahoma. Even the OU guys hated him. They couldn't wait until he hit the portal.
  • Options
    backthepackbackthepack Member Posts: 19,798
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker 5 Awesomes
    Sounds like Oklahoma can’t develop. Dude runs a 4.4 and hits like a max truck
  • Options
    backthepackbackthepack Member Posts: 19,798
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker 5 Awesomes

Jesus, you guys got Bookie? My condolences. You will hate him. What he lacks in talent, intellect and effort he makes up for acting like one of the biggest jackasses I've ever seen on a football field. And don't get me wrong, I appreciate a good shit talker but this clown backs none of it up. As a Texas fan, I was very sorry to see him leave Oklahoma. Even the OU guys hated him. They couldn't wait until he hit the portal.

You have an alcoholic womanizing scumbag HC. Enjoy faggot.
  • Options
    QuietcowskeeQuietcowskee Member Posts: 3,123
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes

Love the name Mitch. Enjoy our old coaches. Quite honestly it’s #allgasnobrakes
  • Options
    HFNYHFNY Member Posts: 4,525
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Standard Supporter
    Bookie has some Budda Baker and Myles Bryant in him.
  • Options
    BasemanBaseman Member Posts: 12,365
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    chuck said:

dnc said:

Yep. Play him at safety and let Turner and the others bums battle it out at the other spot. I’ll be so happy if someone beats out Turner.
    You don't feel there's any chance Turner turns it around. I don't think I do either. I think Cam Williams is a good player but too limited as an athlete to be a starter. :

Cook...haven't given up on him yet. Four games at safety after coming in at WR isn't enough to fully judge him. He has the size and speed.

Irvin..Don't know if he's still injury hampered. If not then I think he's the other boundary corner.

Hampton...I'd rather a guy his size with CB skills stay at CB, but I'd guess he has lost a little quickness as bug as he is.

Radley...boom!

Gordon...I like him better as a read and react, freelance type of player than as an outside corner where I think he peeks too much and is prone to getting burned. Slot or safety, but i wouldn't blink an eye if he ended up bouncing around a bit more than Molden did.

Maybe, just maybe, Turner can be useful in the slot at times, against teams featuring the TE or big receivers. Or maybe Hampton takes that role.

I still think Hampton or Irvin stays at outside corner, Gordon in the slot, and the other of Irving/Hampton at safety alongside Radley. I hope that's what happens.
    Hampton was overrated by the TBS crowd. He was too slow and stiff out of HS. he moved well for his size but he doesn't have the hips and explosiveness to play corner. They should have moved him to LB as a FR.
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Baseman said:

chuck said:

dnc said:

Radley...boom!

Hampton was overrated by the TBS crowd. He was too slow and stiff out of HS. he moved well for his size but he doesn't have the hips and explosiveness to play corner. They should have moved him to LB as a FR.
    All I've had to go on is the hype. I've never seen him on the field.

Maybe what we'll see is Hampton and Turner battling it out to come in as the second slot corner and only see the field in that package.
  • Options
    BasemanBaseman Member Posts: 12,365
    chuck said:

Baseman said:

chuck said:

dnc said:

Radley...boom!

All I've had to go on is the hype. I've never seen him on the field.

Maybe what we'll see is Hampton and Turner battling it out to come in as the second slot corner and only see the field in that package.
    Watch his Hudl. I saw some game tape and he looked slow but they liked his back pedal technique and his size. Keith Taylor was long and could move, Dom not so much.
  • Options
    RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 30,123
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Baseman said:

chuck said:

dnc said:

Radley...boom!

If he hits, put him at safety.
  • Options
    Ice_HolmvikIce_Holmvik Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 2,910
    Swaye's Wigwam

Im planting my flag right now. MY BOOKIE!