Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Are Biden voters a threat to democracy?

Comments

• TurdBomberTurdBomber Member Posts: 19,735
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    thechatch said:

Tequilla said:

Lol. Yeah, this doesn’t completely correspond with Covid at all. Peaks with Trump’s policies in effect, nose dives with Covid, rises again for 10 straight months with Trump still as president. It was totally Trump’s policies.

It’s really sad how far you guys will lie just to be racist.

It really doesn’t help your point to call people racists

The problem with charts is most people see a trend line, make a conclusion, and that’s that

When I see the graph I see a very short-term and sizable increase in H1 2019 before a substantial reduction. Then after COVID started, you start seeing another sizable uptick.

Have you thought what makes the abnormal data in the chart? Were there upticks in building sections of the wall? Change in policy driving a rise in migrant activity? When you see a large spike like that there’s likely an explanation.

Moreover, unless I’m not understanding the data correctly, the data is talking about stopping illegal immigration. It’s probably fair to loosely align a rise in data as a sign that activity is increasing. There is a variable in the data though in what % of those trying to cross illegally are being caught upon entry.

And while you may not believe this, enforcing security at the border and eliminating illegal entry into the country isn’t racist at all. It’s a security issue. It’s a legal issue. It has nothing to do with race. I’d make the same statement about our northern border as our southern border.
    It doesn’t help anyone to pretend their issue with immigration isn’t about race. They want America to look a certain way, they think white people being a minority would destroy the country, western culture blah blah blah.
    What a fucking miserable argument.

I don’t want runaway immigration because I don’t want my tax dollars going toward social programs associated with poverty.

If you could guarantee me I can avoid that, I’d gladly live in a country where I was the only honkey alive.

Bet.
    I don't want my tax dollars going to brand new immigrants who haven't contributed a dime into the system they are taking from. That's fucking bullshit.

Once they've been here a few years and contributed their fare share into the safety nets, fine. But until then, they are supposedly coming here to work hard and make a better life, not suck off the system the U.S. tax-paying citizens built.
  • TheKobeStopperTheKobeStopper Member Posts: 5,959
    5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment First Anniversary

Tequilla said:

Lol. Yeah, this doesn’t completely correspond with Covid at all. Peaks with Trump’s policies in effect, nose dives with Covid, rises again for 10 straight months with Trump still as president. It was totally Trump’s policies.

The problem with charts is most people see a trend line, make a conclusion, and that’s that

When I see the graph I see a very short-term and sizable increase in H1 2019 before a substantial reduction. Then after COVID started, you start seeing another sizable uptick.

Have you thought what makes the abnormal data in the chart? Were there upticks in building sections of the wall? Change in policy driving a rise in migrant activity? When you see a large spike like that there’s likely an explanation.

Moreover, unless I’m not understanding the data correctly, the data is talking about stopping illegal immigration. It’s probably fair to loosely align a rise in data as a sign that activity is increasing. There is a variable in the data though in what % of those trying to cross illegally are being caught upon entry.

And while you may not believe this, enforcing security at the border and eliminating illegal entry into the country isn’t racist at all. It’s a security issue. It’s a legal issue. It has nothing to do with race. I’d make the same statement about our northern border as our southern border.
    It doesn’t help anyone to pretend their issue with immigration isn’t about race. They want America to look a certain way, they think white people being a minority would destroy the country, western culture blah blah blah.
    There's not a developed country in the world that would allow a massive influx of illegal immigrants to pour over their borders. Shit, in the last decade we just saw the entirety of the EU bribe Greece to become the dumping ground for all Syrian refugees because no one else was willing to accept a material number of them.

The dynamic here in the U.S. really isn't any different. Countries have borders and its very much in their interest to enforce those borders. Recasting that very basic motivation as rank racism is just lazy.
    Except I’m not calling the motivation to have a border racist. I went out of my way to not call Tequilla racist. Biden isn’t allowing adults in at the border, I’m not screaming racism. I do not think having open borders would be a good idea right now.

Do you see any of them objecting to me saying they want the country to look a certain way? Do you see any of them objecting to the accusation that they think white people being a minority would destroy the country? Do you see them objecting to the dog whistle of western culture?

Recasting arguments made by people who believe in race science, people who celebrate cruelty being used as a deterrent, as legitimate is lazy. Their motivation is very clear and they’re ability to parrot some actually not monstrous arguments doesn’t change that.
  • Fire_Marshall_BillFire_Marshall_Bill Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 22,713
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Founders Club
    edited March 2021

Tequilla said:

Sure. That's why people used to try to stop immigration from Europe. You're such a SJW NPC.

*In robotic voice* beep Racism beep
  • hardhathardhat Member Posts: 8,343
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes

Tequilla said:

There's not a developed country in the world that would allow a massive influx of illegal immigrants to pour over their borders. Shit, in the last decade we just saw the entirety of the EU bribe Greece to become the dumping ground for all Syrian refugees because no one else was willing to accept a material number of them.

The dynamic here in the U.S. really isn't any different. Countries have borders and its very much in their interest to enforce those borders. Recasting that very basic motivation as rank racism is just lazy.
    Except I’m not calling the motivation to have a border racist. I went out of my way to not call Tequilla racist. Biden isn’t allowing adults in at the border, I’m not screaming racism. I do not think having open borders would be a good idea right now.

Do you see any of them objecting to me saying they want the country to look a certain way? Do you see any of them objecting to the accusation that they think white people being a minority would destroy the country? Do you see them objecting to the dog whistle of western culture?

Recasting arguments made by people who believe in race science, people who celebrate cruelty being used as a deterrent, as legitimate is lazy. Their motivation is very clear and they’re ability to parrot some actually not monstrous arguments doesn’t change that.
    Everyone objects to your infantile, social justice warrior shtick. That's why you're mocked relentlessly. You don't really give a shit anyway. You don't coach, mentor, or volunteer in your community. You don't donate money to any causes. You're just a virtue signaling keyboard warrior.
  • GreenRiverGatorzGreenRiverGatorz Member Posts: 10,147
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes

Tequilla said:

I'm not following. Your first sentence says the motivation isn't racist. Yet your last paragraph is certainly implying that the motivation is racist. Which stance are you taking?
  • Pitchfork51Pitchfork51 Member Posts: 26,538
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker

Tequilla said:

I don't want poor stupid people coming.
    We already have enough of them.

Hot girls and highly educated professionals are fine.

But realistically it doesn't really impact me in an immediate direct way.

It mostly directly hurts poor people in cities.

Who are those people?
  • SFGbobSFGbob Member Posts: 31,919
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Standard Supporter

Tequilla said:

I don't want poor stupid people coming.
    We already have enough of them.

Hot girls and highly educated professionals are fine.

But realistically it doesn't really impact me in an immediate direct way.

It mostly directly hurts poor people in cities.

Who are those people?
    Kobe likes to bitch about the plight of the working poor, while personally knowing no poor people and never having to work in order to eat himself, while advocating for the of importation millions of additional new poor low skill workers. Any depression in their wages is the fault of capitalism not anything that Kobe is advocating

Tequilla said:

I'm not following. Your first sentence says the motivation isn't racist. Yet your last paragraph is certainly implying that the motivation is racist. Which stance are you taking?
    The motivation doesn’t have to be racist, their motivation is.
  • SFGbobSFGbob Member Posts: 31,919
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Standard Supporter

Tequilla said:

The Amazing Kobe the mentalist!!! Kobe, since you can read minds, tell me what I’m thinking right now?

Tequilla said:

That’s all you’ve got. Pathetic
  • RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 100,680
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Another drink 🍸
    Racism as Motivation.

Sounds like Robin DeAngelo's next project.
    "I went out of my way not to call Tequila racist."

How noble of you to refrain from expressing your opinion that nobody takes seriously or gives two fucks about.

See there's this old saying that goes "consider the source." HTH
  • TequillaTequilla Member Posts: 19,800
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes 5 Fuck Offs

Tequilla said:

Assuming you’re talking about me, immigration, and race with your commentary.

I hate to break it to you, but we’re a country at its core that is a country of immigrants. I will always fully advocate for us to have a robust immigration policy. And to be very clear, I don’t give a shit about anybody’s skin color, sex, sexual orientation, religion, or anything else.

That being said, immigration isn’t an open door policy. There has to be a rhyme and reason behind it. There is a fine line between expediting the process vs not doing proper due diligence.

And at no point should we look the other way with respect to illegal immigration. Besides some of the most obvious reasons tied to you know following laws ... it’s a massive sign of disrespect to those that are immigrating to this country legally

Tequilla said:

There’s nothing in your response that makes it clear who you were calling racist
    Tequilla said:

Tequilla said:

There’s nothing in your response that makes it clear who you were calling racist
    “people who believe in race science, people who celebrate cruelty being used as a deterrent...Their motivation is very clear”

I was crystal clear.

Tequilla said:

Tequilla said:

“people who believe in race science, people who celebrate cruelty being used as a deterrent...Their motivation is very clear”

I was crystal clear.
    This is your response to me ...

——————————-

What you referenced above may have been said elsewhere and earlier but that’s not what I was referencing

All I was saying about you calling people racists was to say that all that serves to do is inflame and get people to fixate on that instead of any point that you’re making
  • PurpleThrobberPurpleThrobber Member Posts: 41,649
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes

Tequilla said:

Tequilla said:

I was crystal clear.
    You played your normal one-trick pony.

Little boy who cried racist wolf.

Crystal clear.

‘How To Lose Friends And Alienate Others’
    @TheKobeStopper