Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

JT Tuimoloau, 5* 2021 DL, Bellevue (Eastside Catholic), WA (Offered 9/22/17)

Comments

• dirtysouwfdawgdirtysouwfdawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 11,797
    5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes First Anniversary
    Swaye's Wigwam

DID SUBK SAY ANYTHING ELSE? I STOPPED FOLLOWING HIM A WHILE AGO. I DON’T CRINGE AS MUCH AS I USED TO!!
    That's all he/she wrote.
    Binary gendering, naturally.
    I’m too lazy to google binary gendering and not educated enough to know what it is so I’m guessing it’s like being racist towards people who are unsure of their gender...?

I blame the fact that @racistbigern grew up in the mean streets of Kirkland and had a purple kangaroo as a HS mascot.
  • TommySQCTommySQC Member Posts: 5,813
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes

No matter how bad things get as an overbearing father ....Kellen Winslow Sr has to take the cake for douche father. My son has behavioral issue ...let's send him across the country to Miami. Enjoy your Daddy/Son prison visits asshole.

You never met Jerramy Stevens' Dad.
  • FireCohenFireCohen Member Posts: 21,823
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes
  • 1to392831weretaken1to392831weretaken Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 7,295
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Imagine seeing 26 new posts in this thread.
  • FireCohenFireCohen Member Posts: 21,823
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes

U knew hear?
  • OreDawgOreDawg Member Posts: 589

I think we? all know us? better than falling into that trap.
  • CallMeBigErnCallMeBigErn Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 3,925
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Founders Club

DID SUBK SAY ANYTHING ELSE? I STOPPED FOLLOWING HIM A WHILE AGO. I DON’T CRINGE AS MUCH AS I USED TO!!
    That's all he/she wrote.
    I’m too lazy to google binary gendering and not educated enough to know what it is so I’m guessing it’s like being racist towards people who are unsure of their gender...?

I blame the fact that @racistbigern grew up in the mean streets of Kirkland and had a purple kangaroo as a HS mascot.
    You're an idiot.
  • backthepackbackthepack Member Posts: 19,789
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker 5 Awesomes

That's all he/she wrote.

Gay af
  • HFNYHFNY Member Posts: 4,520
    Standard Supporter
    So have Rowan and Malloe camped out in front of JTT's house yet or what? I'd stop by for an hour or two and butt-chug some brews with them as a show of support.
  • bananasnblondesbananasnblondes Member Posts: 14,894
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Standard Supporter
    HFNY said:

So have Rowan and Malloe camped out in front of JTT's house yet or what? I'd stop by for an hour or two and butt-chug some brews with them as a show of support.

Wasn't there some speculation that JTT's family was not a big fan of Malloe? I know he started as the primary recruiter for JTT and then it was assigned to Kwat. I think the bitcoin pirate mentioned the family dodging Malloe
  • EmotermanEmoterman Member Posts: 3,333
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes

Best guess is

UW or Ohio State. Papa Tui is pushing OSU.

Is it some sort of obligation for Samoan parents/families to take over their kid's recruitment? Marlon, Togiai, Kaho, Tootoo, and now JTT? In a just world, every single one of these players would be Dawgs. Sick of this shit. If you can't beat em, join em.
    To keep positive, I just always assume for every kid that has a parent or family member who makes them go somewhere else when it seems they actually want to go to UW, there's probably a kid who wanted to go somewhere else whose parents made him go to UW. I can think of a few specific standout players who come to mind.

Is there anything substantial to show JT is still seriously considering UW or is it just speculation because the longer this drags out and the longer he can't visit Ohio State, the more staying home or going to Oregon makes sense?
    If these recruitments were on the level, that would be a fair argument, but these kids are clearly spurning UW for nefarious reasons. It's been proven in Marlon's and Tootoo's case. And we know Kaho and Togiai likely got Dodge Chargers or some shit. Fuck, man. Drives me crazy.
    I roll my eyes every time a TBSer shits on a coach for losing a prospect because, "It's sales°." If I'm bidding against a competitor, and the competitor says, "I'll pay you to do the job!" No amount of sales or awesomeness is going to overcome that.

I've said it before and I'll say it again: "Sales" has little to do with it. Sure, being likeable and giving a shit/working hard to stay in communication with a PSA and make him feel important helps, but that's baseline shit, and I have a hard time believing that there's any coach that doesn't at least make a half assed effort at this. Which is to say the difference between the best recruiter in the country an the worst when it comes to pure "salesmanship" is WAY smaller than the difference between one school and another in terms of benefits--both on the level and not.

There are simply players/families who will take the biggest bag. We all know that programs that are offering the biggest bags. There are players who want to chase rings. There are players who want to play for a name brand. There are players who want to play close to home (Dads won't fly).

Which is why, honestly, I'm not as conspiratorial now as I used to be. With JTT, for instance, I don't at all immediately jump to the "he's taking a bag" conclusion. Say what you will about Petersen's offense or lack of motivation/success at the end, but he was a brand that was trusted. When a hometown kid passed that up to go to the likes of OSU, that's suspicious. Not knocking Lake necessarily, but UW does now have a first time head coach with no such national cachet. It's a lot more understandable now that a PSA would want to take a safer bed than rolling the dice with the new guy. If Lake starts stacking conference titles and winning decent bowl games (Narrator: "He won't...") and this kind of recruiting loss keeps happening, I'll go back to being awfully cynical.

UW is coming off a 4-5 conference record and a 3-1 season full of embarrassing play and a loss to a team fresh from the Denny's parking lot. That's not a "get the local 5-star to stay home" resume. It's that simple to me.
    I've heard too many coaches say, verbatim, "I hate recruiting" to agree with your premise even one bit.

There are a lot of coaches who apparently believe their job is to move players towards some platonic concept of "better football players" and have their teams execute more coherently towards a goal of playing some platonically more elegant football. That sentence is so verbose because these coaches overlook the fact that their job is, precisely and exclusively, to win; at least at any coaching position that pays more than $30k/year. And somehow this is so culturally ingrained as what defines coaching success that some "good coaches" are allowed to fail at a crucial component of their jobs.

It is virtually a tautology that programs that embrace recruiting as central to their success, and don't settle for inferior results and enthusiasm at recruiting, will recruit better. Fuck, they'll recruit boosters and their McDonald's bags more capably. They won't settle for having objections that can't be overcome, they'll recruit the university to eliminate those weaknesses.

If you work in sales, you know that you can get someone to pay you more for the same services; in fact that's precisely and exclusively your job. If you're just selling people based on price, a cardboard cutout could do that.
  • TommySQCTommySQC Member Posts: 5,813
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    HFNY said:

You had me at butt-chug
    Swaye's Wigwam

That's all he/she wrote.

You're an idiot.
    You don’t belong here but you don’t see me constantly stating the obvious.
  • 1to392831weretaken1to392831weretaken Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 7,295
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Emoterman said:

Best guess is

Is it some sort of obligation for Samoan parents/families to take over their kid's recruitment? Marlon, Togiai, Kaho, Tootoo, and now JTT? In a just world, every single one of these players would be Dawgs. Sick of this shit. If you can't beat em, join em.
    To keep positive, I just always assume for every kid that has a parent or family member who makes them go somewhere else when it seems they actually want to go to UW, there's probably a kid who wanted to go somewhere else whose parents made him go to UW. I can think of a few specific standout players who come to mind.

Is there anything substantial to show JT is still seriously considering UW or is it just speculation because the longer this drags out and the longer he can't visit Ohio State, the more staying home or going to Oregon makes sense?
    If these recruitments were on the level, that would be a fair argument, but these kids are clearly spurning UW for nefarious reasons. It's been proven in Marlon's and Tootoo's case. And we know Kaho and Togiai likely got Dodge Chargers or some shit. Fuck, man. Drives me crazy.
    I roll my eyes every time a TBSer shits on a coach for losing a prospect because, "It's sales°." If I'm bidding against a competitor, and the competitor says, "I'll pay you to do the job!" No amount of sales or awesomeness is going to overcome that.

I've said it before and I'll say it again: "Sales" has little to do with it. Sure, being likeable and giving a shit/working hard to stay in communication with a PSA and make him feel important helps, but that's baseline shit, and I have a hard time believing that there's any coach that doesn't at least make a half assed effort at this. Which is to say the difference between the best recruiter in the country an the worst when it comes to pure "salesmanship" is WAY smaller than the difference between one school and another in terms of benefits--both on the level and not.

There are simply players/families who will take the biggest bag. We all know that programs that are offering the biggest bags. There are players who want to chase rings. There are players who want to play for a name brand. There are players who want to play close to home (Dads won't fly).

Which is why, honestly, I'm not as conspiratorial now as I used to be. With JTT, for instance, I don't at all immediately jump to the "he's taking a bag" conclusion. Say what you will about Petersen's offense or lack of motivation/success at the end, but he was a brand that was trusted. When a hometown kid passed that up to go to the likes of OSU, that's suspicious. Not knocking Lake necessarily, but UW does now have a first time head coach with no such national cachet. It's a lot more understandable now that a PSA would want to take a safer bed than rolling the dice with the new guy. If Lake starts stacking conference titles and winning decent bowl games (Narrator: "He won't...") and this kind of recruiting loss keeps happening, I'll go back to being awfully cynical.

UW is coming off a 4-5 conference record and a 3-1 season full of embarrassing play and a loss to a team fresh from the Denny's parking lot. That's not a "get the local 5-star to stay home" resume. It's that simple to me.
    I've heard too many coaches say, verbatim, "I hate recruiting" to agree with your premise even one bit.

There are a lot of coaches who apparently believe their job is to move players towards some platonic concept of "better football players" and have their teams execute more coherently towards a goal of playing some platonically more elegant football. That sentence is so verbose because these coaches overlook the fact that their job is, precisely and exclusively, to win; at least at any coaching position that pays more than $30k/year. And somehow this is so culturally ingrained as what defines coaching success that some "good coaches" are allowed to fail at a crucial component of their jobs.

It is virtually a tautology that programs that embrace recruiting as central to their success, and don't settle for inferior results and enthusiasm at recruiting, will recruit better. Fuck, they'll recruit boosters and their McDonald's bags more capably. They won't settle for having objections that can't be overcome, they'll recruit the university to eliminate those weaknesses.

If you work in sales, you know that you can get someone to pay you more for the same services; in fact that's precisely and exclusively your job. If you're just selling people based on price, a cardboard cutout could do that.
    You mean shitty recruiters like Nick Saban? Because I've heard him say exactly that.

Hang out around me long enough, you'll hear me say I hate my job, too, yet I'm damned good at it. What asshole gets up in the morning with a smile and a boner because he knows that his day is going to be filled by figuratively sucking off 16-18 year old boys, their parents, their coaches, and their entourages all day? Who thinks the highlight of his day is hanging out on fucking Twitter with a bunch of teenagers? You know which coaches hate recruiting? ALL OF THEM. Because you'd have to be insane not to. So I'm not sure what point you were trying to make there.

Otherwise, you're suggesting that it's somehow a coach's fault that his school's boosters pay two orders of magnitudes less to potential recruits or are far less brazen about it? That part of a coach's job is to go out there into the community, find rich and people, and say, "Hey! Our players aren't getting paid enough! What's wrong with you people!? We're falling behind!"? When one school has a sugar daddy who happens to own the largest sports apparel brand in the world, it's the rival school's coach's responsibility to, what, convince an even richer guy to start up a bigger, richer, cooler sports apparel company and become his school's sugar daddy?

All I'm trying to say is this: For a certain subset of recruits, they will chase the biggest bag ("bag" in the form of promises, direct payments, favors to family, etc.). There is NO sales pitch that will flip that table. So wanting your coach to be a better "salesman" in that arena is simply wanting them to match to the promised benefits. If that is what it is, that is what it is. There is a subset of recruits that want to play on a team that's loaded for championships/big games on TV/NFL scouts/etc. They want 100K in the stands for a non-con against Southeast Alaska U. They want to play around amazing players that are going to make them look better. There is NO sales pitch that is going to convince one of these kids if they have an Alabama offer that's serious. There are kids who want a Stanford diploma no matter what. There are kids who dreamed of playing for Team X since they were five. There are kids who want to be fifth generation School Y.

There are so many reasons for a player to choose a school that it's laughable to me the emphasis here on pure "sales," like Alec Baldwin can just step in with his brass balls, and suddenly UW has the #1 class and is romping through the playoffs. Being a good "salesman" helps you beat out Utah for a low-4-star out of Bozeman. It doesn't land you the #1 player in the class.

8-5 to 3-1 with a head coach who's coached four games. We're only talking about this particular kid because he happens to live in town. That's not a lack of "sales."
  • CallMeBigErnCallMeBigErn Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 3,925
    Founders Club

That's all he/she wrote.

You're an idiot.
    You don’t belong here but you don’t see me constantly stating the obvious.
    You make my brain hurt.
  • dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes

Emoterman said:

Best guess is

You mean shitty recruiters like Nick Saban? Because I've heard him say exactly that.

Hang out around me long enough, you'll hear me say I hate my job, too, yet I'm damned good at it. What asshole gets up in the morning with a smile and a boner because he knows that his day is going to be filled by figuratively sucking off 16-18 year old boys, their parents, their coaches, and their entourages all day? Who thinks the highlight of his day is hanging out on fucking Twitter with a bunch of teenagers? You know which coaches hate recruiting? ALL OF THEM. Because you'd have to be insane not to. So I'm not sure what point you were trying to make there.

Otherwise, you're suggesting that it's somehow a coach's fault that his school's boosters pay two orders of magnitudes less to potential recruits or are far less brazen about it? That part of a coach's job is to go out there into the community, find rich and people, and say, "Hey! Our players aren't getting paid enough! What's wrong with you people!? We're falling behind!"? When one school has a sugar daddy who happens to own the largest sports apparel brand in the world, it's the rival school's coach's responsibility to, what, convince an even richer guy to start up a bigger, richer, cooler sports apparel company and become his school's sugar daddy?

All I'm trying to say is this: For a certain subset of recruits, they will chase the biggest bag ("bag" in the form of promises, direct payments, favors to family, etc.). There is NO sales pitch that will flip that table. So wanting your coach to be a better "salesman" in that arena is simply wanting them to match to the promised benefits. If that is what it is, that is what it is. There is a subset of recruits that want to play on a team that's loaded for championships/big games on TV/NFL scouts/etc. They want 100K in the stands for a non-con against Southeast Alaska U. They want to play around amazing players that are going to make them look better. There is NO sales pitch that is going to convince one of these kids if they have an Alabama offer that's serious. There are kids who want a Stanford diploma no matter what. There are kids who dreamed of playing for Team X since they were five. There are kids who want to be fifth generation School Y.

There are so many reasons for a player to choose a school that it's laughable to me the emphasis here on pure "sales," like Alec Baldwin can just step in with his brass balls, and suddenly UW has the #1 class and is romping through the playoffs. Being a good "salesman" helps you beat out Utah for a low-4-star out of Bozeman. It doesn't land you the #1 player in the class.

8-5 to 3-1 with a head coach who's coached four games. We're only talking about this particular kid because he happens to live in town. That's not a lack of "sales."
    jerry sandusky?
    Free @RhythmicSlappingDawg!
  • Jdawg1991Jdawg1991 Member Posts: 148
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    JTT, family, or friends this is a Duck board and they are trying to turn you off on Washington. Don't fall for this scam! UW develops players. The thousands you give up when you turn down Uncle Phil will come back in millions! Go Dawgs!
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Jdawg1991 said:

JTT, family, or friends this is a Duck board and they are trying to turn you off on Washington. Don't fall for this scam! UW develops players. The thousands you give up when you turn down Uncle Phil will come back in millions! Go Dawgs!

Leave