Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Back to back in fb and bb

Comments

• Options
    NorthwestFreshNorthwestFresh Member Posts: 7,972
    5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment Combo Breaker
    Still think USC is the best team in the conference in talent by far, but Altman is so far ahead of the other coaches it evens out.
  • Options
    SFGbobSFGbob Member Posts: 31,920
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Standard Supporter

Still think USC is the best team in the conference in talent by far, but Altman is so far ahead of the other coaches it evens out.

I marvel at how he is able to get his guys to buy into his defensive philosophy. Every year, by the end of the year his teams are playing their best defense. Of course the shooting yesterday was crazy, seemed like every time Beav would make a run and get the score under 10 someone would hit a three and put it back up. Because of their length USC is really bad match up for this Duck team. Oregon really doesn't have any big men right now that can play solid defense.
  • Options
    ntxduckntxduck Member Posts: 5,516
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment

Ehhhhhh. I would disagree. Mobley is probably the best player between the two teams (in terms of raw talent), but I’d take Duarte/omuruyi/Figueroa over anyone else on SC.
  • Options
    RatherBeBrewingRatherBeBrewing Member Posts: 1,557
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
    First major conference program with back-to-back conference championships in football and basketball. Tallest midget and all, but surprised that Ohio State or Florida didn’t do that back when they were also good at hoops.
  • Options
    ntxduck said:

Ehhhhhh. I would disagree. Mobley is probably the best player between the two teams (in terms of raw talent), but I’d take Duarte/omuruyi/Figueroa over anyone else on SC.
    None of those three Ducks are lock NBA players with the possible exception of Duarte as a 2nd-round pick and add in Will Richardson as a possibility. USC’s size is insane.
  • Options

First major conference program with back-to-back conference championships in football and basketball. Tallest midget and all, but surprised that Ohio State or Florida didn’t do that back when they were also good at hoops.

The Pac12 is basically a mid-major in basketball now other than a few Oregon NCAA runs the last 15 years but that’s still impressive. How fucking awful is Sean Miller as a coach? My older daughter is gong to Tucson for college next year and loves hoops and I hope she gets the full experience there at least one season.
  • Options
    ntxduckntxduck Member Posts: 5,516
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment

ntxduck said:

None of those three Ducks are lock NBA players with the possible exception of Duarte as a 2nd-round pick and add in Will Richardson as a possibility. USC’s size is insane.
    USC doesn’t have any nba guys other than Mobley. Size doesn’t mean potential. His older brother is terrible and will be lucky to play in Norway. Their 2nd best player is a Santa Clara transfer who averaged 8ppg in the WCC