Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Does anyone see this shit ending well?

2»

Comments

• Options
    Pitchfork51Pitchfork51 Member Posts: 26,604
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker

SFGbob said:

Don't forget about how Biden said that poor black kids can be just as smart as white kids. Which reveals everything you need to know about Biden's views on racial issues.

Yep. And there are more. Do I think he hates black people. No. Do I think that he comes from an era of liberal paternalism about that constituency and who now is too old to filter his thoughts before they leave his mouth? Yes, I do.
    The issue is that he isn't totally wrong. But the reason why is entirely the dems fault.
  • Options
    creepycougcreepycoug Member Posts: 22,749
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Photogenic
    SFGbob said:

SFGbob said:

Don't forget about how Biden said that poor black kids can be just as smart as white kids. Which reveals everything you need to know about Biden's views on racial issues.

Yep. And there are more. Do I think he hates black people. No. Do I think that he comes from an era of liberal paternalism about that constituency and who now is too old to filter his thoughts before they leave his mouth? Yes, I do.
    That's been my position for years now. Democrats no longer want to turn fire hoses and sic dogs on black people like they used to do, but they also don't view them as their equals just like they didn't years ago.
    Sadly, I think in many cases, that is the case. Like I said, I think it stems less from just abject racism in the traditional sense, and more of a function of looking at a particular group and being convinced that they need you to rescue them from ... IDK, themselves? Whitey? The world?

Never forget getting into Georgetown, and one of my good HS buddies whose family are all big Democrats ... in the Kennedy Irish tradition ... saying, "Oh yeah, Georgetown must love you." No sense at all to assume I had good numbers, which I did, until I responded.

Yeah, that is a subtle form of racism.
  • Options

SFGbob said:

The issue is that he isn't totally wrong. But the reason why is entirely the dems fault.
    I think they call it learned helplessness.
  • Options
    TurdBomberTurdBomber Member Posts: 19,753
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    edited March 2021

SFGbob said:

SFGbob said:

That's been my position for years now. Democrats no longer want to turn fire hoses and sic dogs on black people like they used to do, but they also don't view them as their equals just like they didn't years ago.
    Sadly, I think in many cases, that is the case. Like I said, I think it stems less from just abject racism in the traditional sense, and more of a function of looking at a particular group and being convinced that they need you to rescue them from ... IDK, themselves? Whitey? The world?

Never forget getting into Georgetown, and one of my good HS buddies whose family are all big Democrats ... in the Kennedy Irish tradition ... saying, "Oh yeah, Georgetown must love you." No sense at all to assume I had good numbers, which I did, until I responded.

It's also a racism born of Identity Politics.

And they're not wrong about Georgetown, full of like-minded white libs who think the same way.

It's the same Biden-like non-reality-based assumption like "Five years ago, who'd have guessed 3 out of 5 couples in TV commercials would be mixed race?" Isn't this Great!!!

As though advertising reflects reality, colleges over-represent the shit out of their race-consciousness with admissions catalogs 80 to 90% free of white faces. Few honestly care about one's merits, when the primary purpose is to project political correctness, which actually cuts against individual merit.
  • Options
    TheKobeStopperTheKobeStopper Member Posts: 5,959
    5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment First Anniversary

Do you guys not argue that white liberals work to perpetuate racism through politics, law, education and the media?

Seriously, what the fuck do you think you’re arguing when you say democrats think black people are too dumb to get IDs? That democrats don’t actually want to help black people because they’d lose their votes?

I cannot believe the outrage at your own argument being repeated back to you.

Seeing as though I'm probably the only guy who's going to take you at all seriously, and I'm on my second day bender in the Tug, I'll give this a shot. I, like you, don't think most bleeding heart liberals are really KKK Nazis in disguise consciously trying to oppress racial and ethnic minorities.

What I have come around to believe, both by reflecting on some past life experience and actually listening to other people, is that there are plenty who actually do co-opt the agency of the oppressed. I've known admissions officers, for example, who have it baked into their brains that black kids "need a leg up." When you think like that about a given group, no matter how much your experience informs it and no matter your real motivations, you are going to start thinking about them differently.

I have had many Seattle liberals make comments in conversation that led me to draw a reasonable inference that they assumed my kids, and in some cases I, got into certain schools because of affirmative action. They are quick to add how great they think that is; but you see the problem. If my last name were Smith or Bannon, they would assume we had great grades and test scores. That carries through professionally too and frankly never completely goes away.

So, you get to this simple issue about ID. If we were arguing that ID, for anybody, is government oppression, then that would be a different conversation. But ID, only as applied to particular minorities, is a problem? Why? Honestly, with all the rhetoric thrown around on this issue, I've not heard or read one cogent argument for why it's problem.

And, you can't deny Biden's dementia comments aren't a prime example of what I'm talking about. He thinks Obama is the clear exception because he's articulate. He said rural and inner city black people can't use the internet. That is the kind of paternalistic shit from whitey to black America that should be called the fuck out. I guess he left room for suburban blacks who can Google. You don't come across as stupid, like the other guy who played your role here. I think you know this.

What the fuck are you taking about.
  • Options

SFGbob said:

SFGbob said:

And they're not wrong about Georgetown, full of like-minded white libs who think the same way.

It's the same Biden-like non-reality-based assumption like "Five years ago, who'd have guessed 3 out of 5 couples in TV commercials would be mixed race?" Isn't this Great!!!

As though advertising reflects reality, colleges over-represent the shit out of their race-consciousness with admissions catalogs 80 to 90% free of white faces. Few honestly care about one's merits, when the primary purpose is to project political correctness, which actually cuts against individual merit.
    And then, when "they" get there, they see it's still overwhelmingly white, and the course catalog was full of shit.

My kid's undergrad literature would make you believe that the campus would remind them of Liberty City, when in fact it's full of kids from those elite boarding schools the tuition for which is more than most of us would spend on our kid's college education.
  • Options

Do you guys not argue that white liberals work to perpetuate racism through politics, law, education and the media?

Seriously, what the fuck do you think you’re arguing when you say democrats think black people are too dumb to get IDs? That democrats don’t actually want to help black people because they’d lose their votes?

Seeing as though I'm probably the only guy who's going to take you at all seriously, and I'm on my second day bender in the Tug, I'll give this a shot. I, like you, don't think most bleeding heart liberals are really KKK Nazis in disguise consciously trying to oppress racial and ethnic minorities.

What I have come around to believe, both by reflecting on some past life experience and actually listening to other people, is that there are plenty who actually do co-opt the agency of the oppressed. I've known admissions officers, for example, who have it baked into their brains that black kids "need a leg up." When you think like that about a given group, no matter how much your experience informs it and no matter your real motivations, you are going to start thinking about them differently.

I have had many Seattle liberals make comments in conversation that led me to draw a reasonable inference that they assumed my kids, and in some cases I, got into certain schools because of affirmative action. They are quick to add how great they think that is; but you see the problem. If my last name were Smith or Bannon, they would assume we had great grades and test scores. That carries through professionally too and frankly never completely goes away.

So, you get to this simple issue about ID. If we were arguing that ID, for anybody, is government oppression, then that would be a different conversation. But ID, only as applied to particular minorities, is a problem? Why? Honestly, with all the rhetoric thrown around on this issue, I've not heard or read one cogent argument for why it's problem.

And, you can't deny Biden's dementia comments aren't a prime example of what I'm talking about. He thinks Obama is the clear exception because he's articulate. He said rural and inner city black people can't use the internet. That is the kind of paternalistic shit from whitey to black America that should be called the fuck out. I guess he left room for suburban blacks who can Google. You don't come across as stupid, like the other guy who played your role here. I think you know this.

Not your best effort.
  • Options
    SFGbobSFGbob Member Posts: 31,922
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Standard Supporter

Not your best effort.
    But spot on for his brand.
  • Options
    TheKobeStopperTheKobeStopper Member Posts: 5,959
    5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment First Anniversary

Not your best effort.
    I said if you believe these arguments and then object to “white elites work to perpetuate racism through politics, law, education and the media” then you are objecting to your own argument.

All you did was restate the arguments that I wasn’t even objecting to.
  • Options
    PurpleThrobberPurpleThrobber Member Posts: 41,906
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes

That only works on the Dazzler. Quit plagiarism my shit, fucko.

• Options
    RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 101,547
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    @allpurpleallgold this needs to be discussed on your board that you have neglected for years
  • Options

Shit you don't understand and never will. So STFU.
  • Options

SFGbob said:

SFGbob said:

And then, when "they" get there, they see it's still overwhelmingly white, and the course catalog was full of shit.

My kid's undergrad literature would make you believe that the campus would remind them of Liberty City, when in fact it's full of kids from those elite boarding schools the tuition for which is more than most of us would spend on our kid's college education.