Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

This Is Why Oregon QB Tyler Shough Is Heading To Texas Tech

Comments

• Options
    creepycougcreepycoug Member Posts: 22,749
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Photogenic
    edited February 2021
    Shuck put himself in that position. It's pretty simple. After Oregon State and Cal (and a few head scratching picks before those games), the issue was there: his confidence was lost. He didn't lose his confidence because they brought in Brown. He lost it because he put the ball on the ground and threw picks in each case at very critical moments. He fucked his own confidence up, and then the coaches did what they had to do, which of course did his confidence no favors.

I guarantee that one of the several red zone TDs that Brown delivered get fucked up if you leave Shuck in there, or at minimum are field goals.

You have to have brass balls to play QB; IDGAF what anyone says. Mentally fragile people need to play another position.
  • Options
    creepycougcreepycoug Member Posts: 22,749
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Photogenic
    edited February 2021

Shuck put himself in that position. It's pretty simple. After Oregon State and Cal (and a few head scratching picks before those games), the issue was there: his confidence was lost. He didn't lose his confidence because they brought in Brown. He lost it because he put the ball on the ground and threw picks in each case at very critical moments. He fucked his own confidence up, and then the coaches did what they had to do, which of course did his confidence no favors.

I guarantee that one of the several red zone TDs that Brown delivered get fucked up if you leave Shuck in there, or at minimum are field goals.

You have to have brass balls to play QB; IDGAF what anyone says. Mentally fragile people need to play another position.

I’ve been saying something similar for a while. After that second interception against Oregon State the good qualities Shough had were significantly diminished while the bad ones became more obvious.

Shough could have easily won that game or the Cal game multiple times just by making the routine play and not fucking up. He needed one first down to end the game against Beav and he panicked on 2nd and 3rd down. On 3rd down he had a blown coverage, wide open Jaylon Redd running down outside the left hash calling for the ball, that’s an easy first down and game over. It would have most likely been a TD. Instead - he went right and threw at Johnson’s feet for a pass that wouldn’t have been a first down.

I don’t expect every QB to look as cool as Joe Camel. Too often Shough looked uncomfortable and panicky, like someone gave him a priceless Faberge egg, he dropped it, and is waiting to see if it broke. Maybe TTech can salvage him, if so then good for him. In any case, good for Oregon. If he succeeds I claim him as a product of Oregon’s development, if he fails he’s an example of Oregon making the difficult but correct choice to move on.
    Well, if everything goes perfectly right at TT ... he never throws a bad pass or has a fumble he has to get over, and he never, ever has to deliver in the clutch, then yeah, he'll do great at TT. Hopefully for his sake, they have a ballz running game.

The things that caused him to fail at Oregon will eventually be on full display at TT. You can't hide from yourself. He's soft in the head. Some guys have it; some guys don't have it.
  • Options
    RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 101,443
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Overthinking it guys

He sucks

And he's fat
  • Options
    dOgmasterdOgmaster Member Posts: 561
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes

I’ve been saying something similar for a while. After that second interception against Oregon State the good qualities Shough had were significantly diminished while the bad ones became more obvious.

Shough could have easily won that game or the Cal game multiple times just by making the routine play and not fucking up. He needed one first down to end the game against Beav and he panicked on 2nd and 3rd down. On 3rd down he had a blown coverage, wide open Jaylon Redd running down outside the left hash calling for the ball, that’s an easy first down and game over. It would have most likely been a TD. Instead - he went right and threw at Johnson’s feet for a pass that wouldn’t have been a first down.

I don’t expect every QB to look as cool as Joe Camel. Too often Shough looked uncomfortable and panicky, like someone gave him a priceless Faberge egg, he dropped it, and is waiting to see if it broke. Maybe TTech can salvage him, if so then good for him. In any case, good for Oregon. If he succeeds I claim him as a product of Oregon’s development, if he fails he’s an example of Oregon making the difficult but correct choice to move on.
    Excellent analysis by creepycoug and RatherBeBrewing. I can’t add or dispute what either said. He has a great arm, but something upstairs is off. I wish him the best.

RatherBeBrewing, what do you prefer to brew?
  • Options
    ramenduckramenduck Member Posts: 734
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    edited February 2021
    Not very good QB makes a video about what makes another quarterback not very good.

Checks out.

Polowaski > Pawlawski

• Options
    RatherBeBrewingRatherBeBrewing Member Posts: 1,557
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
    dOgmaster said:

Excellent analysis by creepycoug and RatherBeBrewing. I can’t add or dispute what either said. He has a great arm, but something upstairs is off. I wish him the best.

RatherBeBrewing, what do you prefer to brew?
    Coffee.

I used to like beer. I still like beer, but I used to as well. I just don’t drink it anymore. I figured I‘m really good at everything so I would also be good at making beer. I was right. I made some nice imperial stout-like brew, if you’re familiar with Old Rasputin that was my goal, and decided this would be a hobby. I make my usernames RatherBe and whatever I’m into at that particular point in time. Anyway, that shit got boring after the second time and it’s just easier to just buy good beer. Then I quit drinking. So, just coffee.
  • Options
    haiehaie Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 20,511
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    He threw a duck into the ground on 3rd down and then Beavlet rammed it up your assholes with a backup qb.

"lol"