Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Lake Washington students grades 6-12 will not return to classrooms this school year

Comments

• Options
    NorthwestFreshNorthwestFresh Member Posts: 7,972
    5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment Combo Breaker
    edited February 2021
    Pretty sure that’s the case here for my girls. My senior will graduate in June without a single day spent in a classroom since March 2020.

She’s seeing an on-line counselor weekly. But according to @HHusky, this emotional damage is justified.
  • Options
    Pitchfork51Pitchfork51 Member Posts: 26,584
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    This will lead to educational racism or something
  • Options
    GrundleStiltzkinGrundleStiltzkin Member Posts: 61,481
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Standard Supporter

Football kicked off this week in Washington schools. No state tournaments. No spectators. No cheerleaders. No bands (except the ones in bubbles).

Idaho basketball state tournament is next two weeks. With fans. And cheerleaders.

No bodies stacked like cordwood in either state.

But SCIENCE!

Fuck you, Jay Inslee.

#MyTBirds could put all senior families in the stadium with 'distancing' rather easily. But, as you say, science and stuff.

• Options
    NorthwestFreshNorthwestFresh Member Posts: 7,972
    5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment Combo Breaker
    My brother’s kids in Billings are full attendance in class and sports and amazingly the bodies just aren’t stacking up yet.
  • Options
    Fire_Marshall_BillFire_Marshall_Bill Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 22,835
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Founders Club

My brother’s kids in Billings are full attendance in class and sports and amazingly the bodies just aren’t stacking up yet.

Montana opened up May 7th. I still have family there. I haven't heard about any grim milestones.
  • Options
    thechatchthechatch Member Posts: 5,560
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    We’re now at the point where it’s no longer politically useful to keep kids out of school so dem governors like Jay want them back in class, but now all of the power lies with the teachers unions, who want more money and retirement benefits, along with a bunch of social consciousness measures before they’ll allow their rank and file back into classrooms. Jay really fucked up by not demanding schools open on time back in September.
  • Options
    Fire_Marshall_BillFire_Marshall_Bill Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 22,835
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Founders Club
    thechatch said:

We’re now at the point where it’s no longer politically useful to keep kids out of school so dem governors like Jay want them back in class, but now all of the power lies with the teachers unions, who want more money and retirement benefits, along with a bunch of social consciousness measures before they’ll allow their rank and file back into classrooms. Jay really fucked up by not demanding schools open on time back in September.

AEA is the worst.

The checkers at Safeway and bus drivers have had to work the past year. Get your asses back to work.
  • Options
    PrestonluvPrestonluv Member Posts: 275
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    edited February 2021
    Teachers unions are corrupt as fuck. Inslee has no spine either

My son is a senior at Juanita high or shall I say a senior at his residence.

Its horseshit. My daughter went to Ldub and its run by flaming liberal woman.

My daughter was in IEP and we would have meetings every semester to discuss school. I was surrounded by women in every meeting. All the higher ups were women. Me surrounded by 6 of them.

One meeting they stated my daughter would never make it in college. I literally yelled at them saying to never tell me what my daughter can and cannot do. They told me to lower my voice or they will ask me to leave. I told them to stop putting limits on her and I will

She is a freshman at Edmonds CC right now. Fuck those bitches.
  • Options
    georgiaduckgeorgiaduck Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 1,571
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    My daughter is a senior at a Catholic School here in ATL. They've been in person since October with a one week exception when a higher than usual number of kids were exposed. Sports have been in full swing albeit with limited spectators. Even with that, mental health is still an issue. Thankfully my daughter is old enough to drive so she can grab lunch with friends or get out of the house as needed. Not sure how high school kids with no social interaction are making it.

Our teachers have been great- They've been in person and working with on line students as well. I'm sure a few have had concerns, but none that I know of have opted out. To me- it's been money well spent.

On the other hand public schools in the area are virtual only or just now getting back to limited capacity. Suicides are up, drug use is up, crime is up. We're marking the one year anniversary of two weeks to slow the curve and some folks in education are just fine with how things are going.