Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Great dane takes on home intruder

Comments

• Options
    alumni94alumni94 Member Posts: 4,849
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment
  • Options
    SledogSledog Member Posts: 31,021
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Better dog if it went after him on first encounter. Transients like to steal shit and do crime. Sometimes serious crime.
  • Options
    PurpleThrobberPurpleThrobber Member Posts: 41,939
    Classic example of Northern European oppression. The guy clearly had needs and the white man's canine was not empathetic to the intruder's background and mental health.

Danes.

• Options
    NorthwestFreshNorthwestFresh Member Posts: 7,972
    5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment Combo Breaker
    Who names their dog Dubai?

I had a Malamute who did the same thing to a home invader once. Wrong home, buddy.
  • Options
    PurpleThrobberPurpleThrobber Member Posts: 41,939

Who names their dog Dubai?

I had a Malamute who did the same thing to a home invader once. Wrong home, buddy.

Danes are actually pretty nice. Mrs. V2.0 had one when we first started sleeping together going out.

Pity the poor fool that comes into my house unannounced. The dogs will kill him before I get there.

• Options
    Blu82Blu82 Member Posts: 1,522
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
    Parents, who lived in the country, had a dog that was about 175 pounds and was allowed to roam free. An illegal tried dropping off a resume in Dad's shop at 2am. Dog bit his forearm crushing both bones, ripped off most of one ass cheek and pinned the guy down until instructed to move.
    Good dog.
    30 years later I still laugh about it.
  • Options
    georgiaduckgeorgiaduck Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 1,625
    Swaye's Wigwam
    We're on our third Dane- None of them overly aggressive, but nobody so far wants to test what they hear barking at them. We have delivery drivers who call us from the curb to come get our stuff even though the dogs are inside. I'm good with that.
  • Options
    My last two dogs were Bullmastiffs. 175 and 150lbs. They didn't have to be mean people were scared shitless of them.
  • Options
    SoutherndawgSoutherndawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 8,240
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Founders Club

We're on our third Dane- None of them overly aggressive, but nobody so far wants to test what they hear barking at them. We have delivery drivers who call us from the curb to come get our stuff even though the dogs are inside. I'm good with that.

Danes are great dogs, most are gentle giants, but sadly they have short life spans. We had one as a family dog many moons ago who turned out to be an incredibly sweet dog. My parents couldn't bring themselves to have his ears cropped or have him neutered, so he ended up a very large, floppy eared, horny and wondering Great Dane. Chinteresting combo to say the least.
  • Options
    My Bull Mastiffs only last 8 or 9 years. Big dogs die sooner. Hate losing them.
  • Options
    NorthwestFreshNorthwestFresh Member Posts: 7,972
    5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment Combo Breaker
    Sledog said:

My Bull Mastiffs only last 8 or 9 years. Big dogs die sooner. Hate losing them.

Said goodbye to our chocolate lab last April. He was 15 and a half. Still early enough in Covid shutdowns we were all able to be at the veterinarian while wearing masks. Almost a year later and were still fucking wearing masks.