Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Bryan Fischer's FS college football top 14 coaches

dhdawgdhdawg Member Posts: 13,326
5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker First Anniversary
Petersen at #2, with appearances from Mike "more with less" Riley, David "sven would have fired at the 50 yard line" Shaw, and Kevin Sumlin who's defense was basically Nick Holt bad last year

Comments

• Options
    bananasnblondesbananasnblondes Member Posts: 14,912
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Standard Supporter

Kevin Sumlin is getting a TON of credit for doing not much.

The talent he had left over from Mike Sherman was INCREDIBLE, and he really hasn't done anything with it. I personally think he is Black Sark on recruiting steroids. Media loves him because he talks to them and is "cool". The guy hasn't done anything to warrant the praise, imo.

I am DAMN happy that USC got Sark rather than Sumlin.
  • Options
    TequillaTequilla Member Posts: 19,815
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes 5 Fuck Offs

The talent he had left over from Mike Sherman was INCREDIBLE, and he really hasn't done anything with it. I personally think he is Black Sark on recruiting steroids. Media loves him because he talks to them and is "cool". The guy hasn't done anything to warrant the praise, imo.

You forgot to add in the pick of the litter in Texas recruiting since aTm moved to the SEC!!! and Mack Brown's corpse was coaching out the string in Austin.
  • Options
    RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 30,123
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam
    I agree with Pepsi and Bananas. Sumlin is a media darling who really hasn't done much and has had terrible defenses. As far as offensive coaches that have horrible defenses go, what Art Briles has done at Baylor is much more impressive IMO.

That said, I agree that Sumlim at USC would concern me more than Sark. And there's always the added benefit of not having to watch Sark coach UW anymore.
  • Options
    TierbsHsotBoobsTierbsHsotBoobs Member Posts: 39,680
    Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary
    Sumlin went 4-4 in the SEC SEC SEC despite having three first round picks on his team (6th, 7th, 22nd).
  • Options
    whatshouldicareaboutwhatshouldicareabout Member Posts: 12,451
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    I'm glad to hear that some coaches are evaluated based on their products on the field, not some made-up, fantasy bullshit recruiting rankings like what we hear for 9 fucking months out of the year.
  • Options
    CokeGreaterThanPepsiCokeGreaterThanPepsi Member Posts: 7,646
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker
    I'll agree to that, Bananas. I would rather have Sark at USC than Sumlin. But my point still stands that Sumlin is overrated by the media out there.
  • Options
    CaptainPJCaptainPJ Member Posts: 2,986
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes

The talent he had left over from Mike Sherman was INCREDIBLE, and he really hasn't done anything with it. I personally think he is Black Sark on recruiting steroids. Media loves him because he talks to them and is "edgy". The guy hasn't done anything to warrant the praise, imo.

Mmmm hmmm
  • Options
    PostGameOrangeSlicesPostGameOrangeSlices Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 24,583
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Founders Club
  • Options
    SwayeSwaye Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 41,064
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Founders Club
    edited June 2014

Can I get a fucking link? FFS.