Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Bitcoin hawt talk

backthepackbackthepack Member Posts: 19,839
edited May 2022 in Tug Tavern
Honestly the way I got rich is so stupid. Sold drugs in my early 20’s as I was attending community college. Nothing major just weed, adderall and codeine if I could get my hands on it. Obviously I couldn’t put the money in my bank account so I had to figure out a way to launder it. In comes bitcoin and a few years later when bitcoin goes on a crazy run to 20k, those dime bags I sold a few years back really add up. I did get my bachelors from Washington in 2016 in Biology but have never used it. Since then, I managed my money pretty well, buying real estate and have a good financial advisor who gets me 5-10% return a year on my brokerage accounts. Based on that and the rent I take in every month off my duplexes, I’m pretty well set. But still have my goal of hitting 10 mill by the age of 30

Comments

• FireCohenFireCohen Member Posts: 21,823
    Did you with draw your $500k donation?
  • GoduckiesGoduckies Member Posts: 6,221
    Sounds like you won the lotto and cashed part of it out, smart man
  • RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 104,481 Founders Club
    I got rich off a guaranteed return of 10% plus by my financial guy

• backthepackbackthepack Member Posts: 19,839

I just made a years worth of top notch weed money off of a 200 investment in $TLRY at 19.80 which is above $73 a share after hours. Gunna dime bag it, sell it, and launder my 9k through bitcoin!
  • creepycougcreepycoug Member Posts: 22,959

My Fudgie.

Made another cool 535 on $SNDL bought it at .8 it’s at 3.6 after hours. I’m murdering this marijuana stocks and crypto investments. #Diversify
  • Pitchfork51Pitchfork51 Member Posts: 26,852
    Btp as embarrassing as ever
    edited February 2021

Joke is on u buddy
    edited February 2021

Whoosh

I bet he madoff with your assets
  • GreenRiverGatorzGreenRiverGatorz Member Posts: 10,163
    What an unforgettable classic. The concept of having thousands in dirty cash lying around and then somehow "laundering" it through an exchange that doesn't accept cash. Pure retardation. Detlef really got us.
    edited February 2021

What an unforgettable classic. The concept of having thousands in dirty cash lying around and then somehow "laundering" it through an exchange that doesn't accept cash. Pure retardation. Detlef really got us.

I’m not sure the fed would even care if he was depositing 10k every couple of weeks, if that was the cash every rich kid in America would have the IRS up their ass.
  • creepycougcreepycoug Member Posts: 22,959
    edited February 2021
    Goduckies said:

I bet he madoff with your assets
    You see, this is the kind of wit and humor that you're only going to get in the Finance Club.

You think the Carhartt crowd over at the Tug would come up with that? Huh? Stalin?

@DerekJohnson

@RaceBannon
  • doogiedoogie Member Posts: 15,072

I’m not sure the fed would even care if he was depositing 10k every couple of weeks, if that was the cash every rich kid in America would have the IRS up their ass.
    Which is exactly what happens every single time you deposit or withdraw more than $1,700 in cash

It’s called a Currency Transaction report. If it’s $10k or more, you have to sign it.

I just made a years worth of top notch weed money off of a 200 investment in $TLRY at 19.80 which is above $73 a share after hours. Gunna dime bag it, sell it, and launder my 9k through bitcoin!
    Thank fuck I sold last night. It dropped back down to 40 bucks a share
    doogie said:

Which is exactly what happens every single time you deposit or withdraw more than $1,700 in cash

It’s called a Currency Transaction report. If it’s $10k or more, you have to sign it.
    I am pretty sure all the cash we move gets monitored anyway
    doogie said:

As someone who worked in a bank for 15 years, yes we would do CTR's for above 10k and UAR's for anything and could be less( you wouldn't know if we filed that one), we filed those if something shady was going on. But in general, no we didn't file anything for 1700 or even 5k or 8k... now structuring yes.
  • doogiedoogie Member Posts: 15,072
    edited February 2021
    Good luck with that audit

Agree with Firecohen that much of this is done electronically now