Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

O/U 8.5

UW football games in 2021. Discuss

Comments

• Options
    HuskyJWHuskyJW Guest, Member Posts: 14,182
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Over

HuskyJW always right
  • Options
    dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Under.

Conference only schedule but with a couple of games cancelled and not rescheduled.
  • Options
    HFNYHFNY Member Posts: 4,520
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Standard Supporter
    Over. Anyone who wants to receive a vaccine should be able to have one by the end of summer.
  • Options
    GrundleStiltzkinGrundleStiltzkin Member Posts: 61,481
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Standard Supporter
    HFNY said:

Over. Anyone who wants to receive a vaccine should be able to have one by the end of summer.

The current narrative regarding the vaccine will need to change for that to happen.
  • Options
    RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 101,173
    Swaye's Wigwam

HFNY said:

The current narrative regarding the vaccine will need to change for that to happen.
    The messaging has been a bit confusing
  • Options
    Fire_Marshall_BillFire_Marshall_Bill Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 22,794
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Founders Club
    12 even in leftist Pack 12 terror-itory
  • Options
    FremontTrollFremontTroll Member Posts: 4,705
    HFNY said:

Agreed this is pretty obvious. And wealthy people (which college football players should count as due to athletic department resources) far before then.

Personally, being rich and white, almost all of my extended family has had at least one jab already.
  • Options
    chuckchuck Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 10,612
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    I say over. I think they'll play a full season.
  • Options
    HFNYHFNY Member Posts: 4,520
    Standard Supporter

HFNY said:

Agreed this is pretty obvious. And wealthy people (which college football players should count as due to athletic department resources) far before then.

Personally, being rich and white, almost all of my extended family has had at least one jab already.
    I know non-rich, non-white people who have had one or both jabs. You don't have to be white to be johnny-on-the-ball in terms of booking an appointment.
  • Options
    HFNY said:

HFNY said:

I know non-rich, non-white people who have had one or both jabs. You don't have to be white to be johnny-on-the-ball in terms of booking an appointment.
    Of course but I’m not looking at individual situations but overall trends. But if you want to look at how individual situations lead to larger trends resources of time, money, and connections are big.

My dad took two days off work, drove five hours to a small town, booked a hotel, got jabbed, and then went skiing before going back home.

My mom was first she doesn’t work and was online all day every day until she snagged an appointment three weeks ago.
  • Options

HFNY said:

You don't think there will be a round of "experts are unsure how the vaccine holds up with the new COVID variants?"

I wood expect an abundance of caution. Especially when it comes to non conference games which theoretically expose Pac players to those from less COVID cautious areas.
  • Options
    1to392831weretaken1to392831weretaken Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 7,300
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    It'll be a full season. And we'll wish it wasn't.
  • Options
    dnc said:

HFNY said:

You don't think there will be a round of "experts are unsure how the vaccine holds up with the new COVID variants?"

I wood expect an abundance of caution. Especially when it comes to non conference games which theoretically expose Pac players to those from less COVID cautious areas.
    I am sure that media that wants to take that tack will be able to find doomsayer experts but as a whole the scientific community is very positive on the vaccines including ability to handle variants.
  • Options

dnc said:

HFNY said:

I am sure that media that wants to take that tack will be able to find doomsayer experts but as a whole the scientific community is very positive on the vaccines including ability to handle variants.
    I truly hope you are correct and this holds up (for much more than UW football).

Thank you for giving me some hope fren.
  • Options
    backthepackbackthepack Member Posts: 19,794
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker 5 Awesomes
    If the conference hires Gene Smith? Over. If it hires a retard like Jen Cohen? Under.
  • Options
    DugtheDoogDugtheDoog Member Posts: 3,180
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment

dnc said:

HFNY said:

The media has been planting the seed for a good month or so now. Lest the general public start getting a little too comfortable. Every fucking day I'm seeing a new article or two about a 'potential', 'much deadlier strain' the vaccine won't prevent. Planting seeds so we'll happily accept indefinite lockdowns for the foreseeable future, if that's the route our loving gubermint decides to take.