Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Leftist CNN Legal Analyst: “You don’t have a First Amendment right to lie”

NorthwestFreshNorthwestFresh Member Posts: 7,972
5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment Combo Breaker
edited February 2021 in Tug Tavern
Um yes, you do. Otherwise, @HHusky would have been in jail years ago.

Comments

• Options
    RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 101,542
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    So would Biden
  • Options
    HHuskyHHusky Member Posts: 19,204
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    The comment isn't really true. We have an almost visceral reaction to prior restraints upon speech in this country.

The more apt point is this: The First Amendment doesn't shield you from all consequences of your speech.
  • Options
    NorthwestFreshNorthwestFresh Member Posts: 7,972
    5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment Combo Breaker
    HHusky said:

The comment isn't really true. We have an almost visceral reaction to prior restraints upon speech in this country.

The more apt point is this: The First Amendment doesn't shield you from all consequences of your speech.

She could make that valid point, but the reality is she is lying by stating Trump incited the violence, and in her land she should be criminally prosecuted for it.

Just another day of nonstop dishonesty at CNN. No wonder their viewers are so laughably uninformed.
  • Options
    WestlinnDuckWestlinnDuck Member Posts: 13,957
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes
    Standard Supporter
    The point is that most of the left don't believe lying is protected by the first amendment. That was the point of the post to start this thread. I'm not dazzled. I pity your clients.
  • Options
    HHuskyHHusky Member Posts: 19,204
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment

The point is that most of the left don't believe lying is protected by the first amendment. That was the point of the post to start this thread. I'm not dazzled. I pity your clients.

So we sort of agree, and that makes you very upset.
  • Options
    Standard Supporter
    HHusky said:

You don't sort of agree. You voted for Biden which believes in stacking the Supreme Court, ending the First Amendment for conservatives and ending the 2A protections.
  • Options
    RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 101,542
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Dazzler wants Trump impeached for a non existent quote but he's a big free speech guy. So was Hitler
  • Options
    Standard Supporter

Dazzler wants Trump impeached for a non existent quote but he's a big free speech guy. So was Hitler

The Dazzler also wants Trump impeached ignoring that Trump holds no office that is subject to impeachment under the Constitution (removal from office).
  • Options
    alumni94alumni94 Member Posts: 4,849
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment
    In the people that rioted at the capital are Qanon people that felt that they were called, then prove who Q is. If it's not Trump or his staff, then the party is over because it's 100% clear that Trump didn't say anything for people to do what they did.

• Options
    alumni94alumni94 Member Posts: 4,849
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment
    Can we bring in Hilary and impeach her for lies also?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MUTChYKCTeo

• Options
    SFGbobSFGbob Member Posts: 31,922
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Standard Supporter
    Is this the same CNN legal analyst that was jerking off during the Zoom Call?
  • Options
    HustlinOwlHustlinOwl Member Posts: 953
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes

HHusky said:

You don't sort of agree. You voted for Biden which believes in stacking the Supreme Court, ending the First Amendment for conservatives and ending the 2A protections.
    Are you high? Take a deep breath and calm down.