Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

This Day in Music February 1

alumni94alumni94 Member Posts: 4,849
5 Up Votes First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment
edited February 2021 in Yellow Snow's Record Shoppe
1937 - Don Everly
American singer, songwriter Don Everly, from The Everly Brothers who had the 1958 UK & US No.1 single 'All I Have To Do Is Dream'. Other hits include: 'Wake Up Little Susie,' 'Bird Dog,' 'Cathy's Clown,' 'Walk Right Back' and 'Crying in the Rain'. The music of the Everly Brothers influenced The Beatles who based the vocal arrangement of 'Please Please Me' on 'Cathy's Clown.

1937 - Ray Sawyer
Ray Sawyer, singer, songwriter with American rock band Dr Hook who had the 1970s hits 'The Cover of Rolling Stone', 'A Little Bit More', 'When You're in Love with a Beautiful Woman' and 'Sylvia's Mother'. Sawyer died on 31 December 2018 aged 81.

1938 - Jimmy Carl Black
Jimmy Carl Black, drummer who worked with Frank Zappa on his 1970 UK No.9 album Hot Rats. Black died on 1st Nov 2008.

1948 - Rick James
Rick James, US singer who scored the 1981 US No.3 album 'Street Songs', and the 1981 US No 16 single 'Super Freak part 1'. James was found dead at his Los Angeles home on 6th August 2004.

1950 - Mike Campbell
Mike Campbell, guitarist with Tom Petty and the Heartbreakers who had the 1977 single 'American Girl', the 1989 UK No.28 single 'I Won't Back Down', and the 1991 UK No.3 album 'Into The Great Wide Open'. Campbell has also worked with Bob Dylan, Johnny Cash, Fleetwood Mac, Roger McGuinn, Tracy Chapman, Warren Zevon, George Harrison and Stevie Nicks.

1969 - Patrick Wilson
Patrick Wilson, drummer with American alternative rock band Weezer who had the 1995 UK No.12 single, 'Buddy Holly'.

1980 - Blondie
Blondie released 'Call Me', the main theme song of the 1980 film American Gigolo. It peaked at No. 1 for six consecutive weeks, and became the top-selling single of the year in the United States in 1980.

2001 - Elton John
A collection of Sir Elton John's private photos on display at a museum in Atlanta were withdrawn. The exhibition, which included snaps of nude men, was said to be too explicit, some school trips to the museum had been cancelled.

Comments