Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Universal Background Checks Will Lead to Gun Confiscations

Comments

• Options
    SwisherSweetboySwisherSweetboy Member Posts: 563
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Standard Supporter
    Cliff notes here are that "Universal Background Checks" are a de-facto gun registration scheme. And THAT can lead to confiscations.

Unfortunately, I think we're already there. Who has gone through a NICS check? It's done via the FBI. Yeah, those guys. Here's a quote from Wikipedia:

The NICS is not a gun register, but is a list of persons prohibited from owning or possessing a firearm. The buyer’s details are discarded after the query and a record on NICS of the firearm purchase is not made, though the seller as a FFL holder is required to keep a record of the transaction.

No one discards data in this day and age. NO ONE.

Having said all that, that's not how they will get our guns. It will be "choices" given to gun owners. We'll give them up and gladly when the time comes.
  • Options
    EsophagealFecesEsophagealFeces Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 11,488
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Founders Club

Cliff notes here are that "Universal Background Checks" are a de-facto gun registration scheme. And THAT can lead to confiscations.

Unfortunately, I think we're already there. Who has gone through a NICS check? It's done via the FBI. Yeah, those guys. Here's a quote from Wikipedia:

The NICS is not a gun register, but is a list of persons prohibited from owning or possessing a firearm. The buyer’s details are discarded after the query and a record on NICS of the firearm purchase is not made, though the seller as a FFL holder is required to keep a record of the transaction.

No one discards data in this day and age. NO ONE.

Having said all that, that's not how they will get our guns. It will be "choices" given to gun owners. We'll give them up and gladly when the time comes.

Speak for yourself. I don’t think most Americans will ever give up their guns. There might be some pussies who gladly give them up gladly, but most won’t.
  • Options
    SledogSledog Member Posts: 30,908
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    edited February 2021
    Current NICS checks give only the type of gun bought IE; handgun, shotgun, rifle if they change that we know what they are really after. In Idaho if you have a CCW you do not require a NICS check you just pay and walk out. That's why I have one although I don't need it.
  • Options
    Standard Supporter
    Sledog said:

Current NICS checks give only the type of gun bought IE; handgun, shotgun, rifle if they change that we know what they are really after. In Idaho if you have a CCW you do not require a NICS check you just pay and walk out. That's why I have one although I don't need it.

Thanks for the info. I knew the laws were a patchwork around the country but I thought the NICS was a standard. I was surprised last year in WA the FFL is not allowed any longer to do the courtesy NICS check, so even with a CCW now you're treated like some gangbanger and have to wait 10 days for the State Patrol to do the check.

Any truth to this: When you're stopped by law enforcement on the road, they have the ability to pull up an immediate record of all your firearm purchases made in WA?

• Options
    HHuskyHHusky Member Posts: 19,203
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    What's the problem? Some confiscations are in order.
  • Options
    Standard Supporter
    HHusky said:

No one is going to want to work as a "gun confiscator", the job would be hazardous. It's why the Obama hired 100's of behavioral scientists way back when, they've been pretty busy planning the "choices" you will have with regards to gun ownership.
  • Options

HHusky said:

No one is going to want to work as a "gun confiscator", the job would be hazardous. It's why the Obama hired 100's of behavioral scientists way back when, they've been pretty busy planning the "choices" you will have with regards to gun ownership.
    So we shouldn't have universal background checks because taking guns away from crazies and criminals might be hard?
  • Options
    hardhathardhat Member Posts: 8,343
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes
    HHusky said:

HHusky said:

So we shouldn't have universal background checks because taking guns away from crazies and criminals might be hard?
    Government already has that authority:
  • Options

God I love being the 5th fuck off that buries a Dazzler post.

I've been an older brother for decades. You shouldn't tell me I'm getting to you.
  • Options
    SledogSledog Member Posts: 30,908
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes

Sledog said:

Thanks for the info. I knew the laws were a patchwork around the country but I thought the NICS was a standard. I was surprised last year in WA the FFL is not allowed any longer to do the courtesy NICS check, so even with a CCW now you're treated like some gangbanger and have to wait 10 days for the State Patrol to do the check.

Any truth to this: When you're stopped by law enforcement on the road, they have the ability to pull up an immediate record of all your firearm purchases made in WA?

I'm guessing they charge a fee?
  • Options
    oregonblitzkriegoregonblitzkrieg Member Posts: 15,288
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    edited February 2021
    Buy a 3d printer and start printing your own firearms. Learn how to make your own ammunition. The stores of the current era are no different than the stores in Nazi Germany that hung "Juden Verboten" signs on their windows. They lick jackboots every day to stay in business, and will enforce any and all draconian measures decreed by the 5 Eyes tyrants. They will stop selling ammunition, and even do a background check on your political affiliation if ordered to. Live outside the CommuNazi sphere of control.

Or take the Gates Vaccine and kiss their asses. See how far you will get.
  • Options
    Standard Supporter
    Sledog said:

I'm guessing they charge a fee?

I don't think specifically for the change in NICS check, but I would think the State Patrol will going to the legislature for more money now.

• Options
    Fire_Marshall_BillFire_Marshall_Bill Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 22,866
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Founders Club
    I don't have a problem with background checks. I'm not a gun nut who owns 40. That's not uncommon here. Confiscating them is a slippery slope.