Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Levi is gone

Comments

• HuskyJWHuskyJW Guest, Member Posts: 14,160
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes

Good player. But thanks for no memories basically.

Another guy who was all "potential" for his UW career and no real payoff for the program.

Not true

Watch the games again....sober
  • Kingdome_UrinalsKingdome_Urinals Member Posts: 2,604
    First Comment 5 Up Votes First Anniversary 5 Awesomes
    HuskyJW said:

Another guy who was all "potential" for his UW career and no real payoff for the program.

Not true

Watch the games again....sober
    Why would I ever watch an 8-5 shit show and whatever garbage came before? Every player is individually responsible for every shitty loss and non-clutch effort for the last 5 years.

These guys who skip bowl games and senior seasons after winning zero RB's and other big time games are basically deleted from memory banks.
    edited September 2020

This is again another indictment of leadership starting with Tennis club Larry to Jen to Jimmy.

Tell the players to hold off as long as possible, there could be a season and if not declare in November. Instead, no in the conference of cowards has a clue and the talent drain goes on and on like a Sonny (RIP) and Cher song.

“Wait....I now I have to practice and lift?”

Yeah...I’m out. I’ll have a guy pay me
  • dOgmasterdOgmaster Member Posts: 560
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes
    He may be able to come back. Read an espn article about a pickle fork punter that got an agent, entered the draft, but didnt get drafted and was not signed to a free agent deal. He petitioned the ncaa and got two years of elig back.

On the flip side it gives more playing time to the younger guys, which may play out better for next year.
    dOgmaster said:

He may be able to come back. Read an espn article about a pickle fork punter that got an agent, entered the draft, but didnt get drafted and was not signed to a free agent deal. He petitioned the ncaa and got two years of elig back.

On the flip side it gives more playing time to the younger guys, which may play out better for next year.

He declared 24 hours at the mere possibility of having to play in college
  • GrundleStiltzkinGrundleStiltzkin Member Posts: 61,480
    Standard Supporter
    HuskyJW said:

dOgmaster said:

The damage is done. I was wrong, @CallMeBigErn was right, and yet it's all still fuck.
  • YellowSnowYellowSnow Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 33,792
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam

Welcome to level up
    Level up is gay. I want off.
  • GrundleStiltzkinGrundleStiltzkin Member Posts: 61,480
    Standard Supporter

HuskyJW said:

dOgmaster said:

The damage is done. I was wrong, @CallMeBigErn was right, and yet it's all still fuck.
    No memory of this
  • dirtysouwfdawgdirtysouwfdawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 11,701
    5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes First Anniversary
    Swaye's Wigwam
    It’s cool. Tosu has guys going from leaving to staying when they find out a season is happening.

Neither Tryon or Levi did enough for me to give a shit about them. Mine as well be named mcdaniels and Stewart.

GTFO of here.
  • rustysavagerustysavage Member Posts: 942
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    HuskyJW said:

TTJ said:

I heard through the grapevine of Levi's decision weeks ago. The timing of his announcement is curious, though, as Wyatt Davis (and other early draft entrants?) now wants to walk back his decision. I'm supposing Levi must have signed with an agent, which seals the deal.

Hopefully he’s better than Tryon’s agent

Dude was on social media begging for an employee Nike pass after he signed with him.
    Jesus even I have access to those on short notice... I've got piles of Columbia Sportswear passes if Joe likes that shit?
  • CallMeBigErnCallMeBigErn Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 3,856
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Founders Club
    edited September 2020

HuskyJW said:

dOgmaster said:

• BleachedAnusDawgBleachedAnusDawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 10,379
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Founders Club
    If there is an aborted season, play all of the kids who are supposed to be talented. Don't care about seniors carrying us to 3 - 3.
  • NeGgaPlEaSeNeGgaPlEaSe Member Posts: 5,729
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes

After opting out of the 2020 season because of the COVID-19 pandemic, Onwuzurike had arguably the most riding on his Senior Bowl performance of any defensive lineman in attendance. While it's difficult to blame him too much for looking rusty -- and his stock won't necessarily "fall" -- Onwuzurike also did nothing to raise it.

He looked completely unable to hold up against double-teams at nose tackle when asked to play there, meaning he's likely to be a 3-technique only in the NFL. He went on to show little in the way of pass-rushing moves in the one-on-ones as well, as he still relied on his first-step quickness to get home. While Onwuzurike has been seen in multiple first-round mocks before this, that is likely not going to be the case anymore.
  • animateanimate Member Posts: 4,230
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes

After opting out of the 2020 season because of the COVID-19 pandemic, Onwuzurike had arguably the most riding on his Senior Bowl performance of any defensive lineman in attendance. While it's difficult to blame him too much for looking rusty -- and his stock won't necessarily "fall" -- Onwuzurike also did nothing to raise it.

He looked completely unable to hold up against double-teams at nose tackle when asked to play there, meaning he's likely to be a 3-technique only in the NFL. He went on to show little in the way of pass-rushing moves in the one-on-ones as well, as he still relied on his first-step quickness to get home. While Onwuzurike has been seen in multiple first-round mocks before this, that is likely not going to be the case anymore.

The tone of the reporting out there is that Levi has solidified himself as a late 1st rounder and has been mocked recently as high as 17th.

Not sure what you've been reading or digesting ...
  • whatshouldicareaboutwhatshouldicareabout Member Posts: 12,428

Disagree. It was because he was in the Pac-12.

Can't take this practice report seriously when they have such a major error in the first sentence.
  • chuckchuck Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 10,586
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam

That is nowhere near the tone of the stuff I've read. He's been commented on his versatility and strength, ability to anchor when called for and moreso his explosiveness and ability to disrupt. He's a 3 tech that can do it all and has probably solidified first or early second round status.

Not saying it will happen, but that seemed to be what they were saying when I looked.
  • NeGgaPlEaSeNeGgaPlEaSe Member Posts: 5,729
    ESPN+ just sharing