Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

"It's the Water"

2»

Comments

• Options
    PurpleThrobberPurpleThrobber Member Posts: 41,875
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes

Sadly, Oly and Rainier stopped being Seattle beer a long time ago. We’re a hipster fag micro beer town now. All the tuff logging camp liberal brands are ded.

Back then, Frisco was kind of part of the NW. The 49ers football and Giants baseball games were broadcast - it was the only damned real city close.

Ergo, Lucky Lager was a fine drinking choice amongst the Mad Men era dads. Since most of them had been stationed in Frisco, that made sense.

• Options
    RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 101,442
    Swaye's Wigwam

Sadly, Oly and Rainier stopped being Seattle beer a long time ago. We’re a hipster fag micro beer town now. All the tuff logging camp liberal brands are ded.

Back then, Frisco was kind of part of the NW. The 49ers football and Giants baseball games were broadcast - it was the only damned real city close.

Ergo, Lucky Lager was a fine drinking choice amongst the Mad Men era dads. Since most of them had been stationed in Frisco, that made sense.

Sundays were the Raiders or Chargers on NBC and the Rams or Niners on CBS.
  • Options
    Fishpo31Fishpo31 Member Posts: 2,256
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    My mantra has always been there are no bad beers, some are better than others. That does not apply to Buckhorn or Rheinlander for me...Schmidt is Heineken compared to those two...
  • Options
    dfleadflea Member Posts: 7,221
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes
    If we were going fishing, we'd get Schmidt with the fish on the can, even if it was a ditch pickle. If we were hunting, get the can with the deer on it. Vast quantities of animal beer were consumed in our quest for fish and game.
  • Options
    YellowSnowYellowSnow Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 33,961
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam
    haie said:

Some of those micro breweries will make lighter stuff that pays homage to those beers. They are really light, around 3%, and usually have some hipster name attached to them, but still. Cascadia Brothers in Vancouver has one, Crazy 88 named after the kill bill scene, that reminds me of Rainier.
    So for down here in Whoregon @haie I like the Caldera Brewing Lawnmower Lager at like 3.5 percent. Also did a flight recently at 10 Barrel which had some light stuff that was tasty.
  • Options
    haiehaie Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 20,511
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam

haie said:

Some of those micro breweries will make lighter stuff that pays homage to those beers. They are really light, around 3%, and usually have some hipster name attached to them, but still. Cascadia Brothers in Vancouver has one, Crazy 88 named after the kill bill scene, that reminds me of Rainier.
    So for down here in Whoregon @haie I like the Caldera Brewing Lawnmower Lager at like 3.5 percent. Also did a flight recently at 10 Barrel which had some light stuff that was tasty.
    Yeah that is a good beer. 10 Barrel I drink a lot at blazer games since they have a pub inside the rose garden. If they have some lighter stuff now I'll have to dig into that more.

For Bend I still love Worthy. It's a bit out of the downtown areas of pubs but the venue is top notch. And Boneyard makes the best blood orange pale I've ever had.
  • Options
    LebamDawg said:

Schmidt beer was called animal beer for the cans

Take out every other letter and what do you have? was the common saying about animal beer. When I lived in Island County it was the number one seller.

Lucky always had the puzzles on the bottle caps - thus my love for Mickey's ...............Big Mouth

The one I used to drink the most of (other than Rainier which I was weaned on) was Heidelberg keg bottles

Morning wood.

Downed plenty of all those - plus Hamms, the beer refreshing, Hamms the beer refreshing, Hamms........

• Options
    edited January 2021

Sundays were the Raiders or Chargers on NBC and the Rams or Niners on CBS.
    Yup. That was it. You were either Darryl Lamonica, Roman Gabriel or John Brodie on the frozen tundra of sandlot football.

Can't remember who the Chargers had at the time. They were essentially irrelevant.

The cute (now hot) lesbian who would knocked the shit out the boys was a Raider fan.

• Options
    RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 101,442
    Swaye's Wigwam
    John Hadle was your Chargers qb
  • Options

John Hadle was your Chargers qb

Oh fuck me. Redemption by recalling Johnny Unitas having a cup of coffee with the Chargers.

Young Throbber was a Dolphins/Rams fan. Who doesn't like Griese South Florida?

• Options
    Purple_PillsPurple_Pills Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 1,819
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Well 80 in Olympia re-created Leopold Schmidt’s (founder of the Olympia Brewing Company) original lager. It was meant to be a one time deal, but it is their best beer so they kept brewing it and is now one of their flagships.

http://washingtonbeerblog.com/olympias-well-80-brewhouse-recreates-a-legendary-historic-beer/