Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Quuuaaaccckkk

DJDuckDJDuck Member Posts: 5,970
5 Awesomes First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes
Gracen Halton to Oregon

Comments

• Options
    DJDuckDJDuck Member Posts: 5,970
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes
    edited January 2021
    Gracen Halton, nation’s No. 11 defensive end in 2022, commits to Oregon Ducks over USC, others

“Coach Mario (Cristobal), coach (Jim) Mastro, they did a good job recruiting me,” Halton said. “I built a lot of relationships with the coaches out there, and they’ve been telling me, ‘You’re going to be a Duck.’ Building those relationships with coach Cristobal and coach Mastro was a big thing for me and they definitely did that.”

Rated the No. 2 defensive end in the West region, Halton carries added value given the scarcity of defensive line talent on the West Coast and the fact that he held offers from a majority of the Pac-12 Conference.

His commitment gives Oregon three California four-star (or better) defensive line pledges in the past four years - Kavyvon Thibodeaux (2019), Keanu Williams (2021) and Halton (2022).

While the St. Augustine High School (San Diego, California) star didn’t make his commitment known until Wednesday, the writing appeared to be on the wall earlier in the week when he attended the birthday/commitment party of teammate and class of 2021 four-star running back Byron Cardwell, who chose the Ducks.

Although the pair was not a package deal, Halton indicated Cardwell “made a good decision” and that the opportunity to play together in college appealed to him.

According to 247Sports national recruiting analyst Greg Biggins, the San Diego product projects as a future NFL talent:

“Halton moves very well for a 6-3, 270 pound lineman and shows the versatility to play multiple positions on the defensive line. He tested well, highlighted by a 4.59-shuttle and a 33″ vertical jump and showed that explosiveness in the drills. He’s a powerful lineman who can physically overwhelm you at the point of attack but it’s his athleticism that makes him special. He moves well laterally and projects as a player we think can be affective as both a run stuffer and a quality pass rusher.”

Oregon has three commitments in the class of 2022, as Halton joins Central Catholic four-star linebacker Emar’rion Winston, the younger brother of former Oregon linebacker LaMar Winston, and Oklahoma four-star tight end Andre Dollar.“

https://www.oregonlive.com/recruiting/2021/01/gracen-halton-nations-no-11-defensive-end-in-2022-commits-to-oregon-ducks-over-usc-others.html