Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Comments

• Options
    GrundleStiltzkinGrundleStiltzkin Member Posts: 61,481
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Standard Supporter
  • Options
    HFNYHFNY Member Posts: 4,520
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Standard Supporter
    So in all two positive metrics, an up-and-coming LB coach, and a reputation as a great recruiter would likely be an excellent addition to a Lake / Malloe D.

Who is a better option in your mind?

HFNY said:

2018 Louisville Points Allowed (Dennison was coaching at Oregon): 44.1 ppg

2019 Louisville Points Allowed (Dennison's 1st year at Louisville): 33.4 ppg

2020 Louisville Points Allowed (Dennison's 2nd year at Louisville): 26.6 ppg

Correlation doesn't equal causation but Chinteresting nonetheless.

Points are terrible because a game is not a stable unit of measurement.

Yards per play:

So trend is still there but not as strong. Went from nearly the worst in the country to slightly below median.

But as Sark knows well the easiest way to improve is to start from 0-12 (or 1-10 in this case.)
  • Options
    FremontTrollFremontTroll Member Posts: 4,707
    HFNY said:

So in all two positive metrics, an up-and-coming LB coach, and a reputation as a great recruiter would likely be an excellent addition to a Lake / Malloe D.

HFNY said:

Yards per play:

So trend is still there but not as strong. Went from nearly the worst in the country to slightly below median.

But as Sark knows well the easiest way to improve is to start from 0-12 (or 1-10 in this case.)
    I mean I am willing to roll the dice at this point because we need to shake things up and get some positive momentum. Also because Jimmy likely can’t pull an established DC based on how his OC search went.

But I’m not going to pretend Cort has any significant track record as a DC. Both of his defenses have been among the bottom third of P5 schools statistically.

If CP was still here it would be a hell no we can do better from me.
  • Options
    Standard Supporter

HFNY said:

HFNY said:

Yards per play:

I mean I am willing to roll the dice at this point because we need to shake things up and get some positive momentum. Also because Jimmy likely can’t pull an established DC based on how his OC search went.

But I’m not going to pretend Cort has any significant track record as a DC. Both of his defenses have been among the bottom third of P5 schools statistically.

If CP was still here it would be a hell no we can do better from me.

I'm not pretending he has a significant track record either. If Malloe hadn't already been helping coordinating the D and Lake hadn't been a DC before, Dennison wouldn't be a fit but fortunately the Huskies have that going for them.

Bottom line, is there anyone better since it looks like Sirmon will be staying at Cal?
  • Options
    BennyBeaverBennyBeaver Member Posts: 13,333
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes
  • Options
    RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 30,123
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam
    That’s solid improvement by Cort and his defenses. Good young coach.
  • Options
    Standard Supporter

That’s solid improvement by Cort and his defenses. Good young coach.

Thanks. And by the way, what were you doing up at 3:51AM.....hookers and blow again?
  • Options
    Standard Supporter
    CD Come Home!

I suspect Peter Sirmon is staying at Cal as the sole DC and Buddy Ryan is no longer with us.