Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Coach Bob Gregory new DC of the Dawgs!

13»

Comments

• Options
    BroadcastingDawgBroadcastingDawg Member Posts: 1,245
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Pretty sure when you gotta pay a coach $300,000 to leave... he's not coming back.
  • Options
    TequillaTequilla Member Posts: 19,815
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes 5 Fuck Offs
    The list is bad to start with ... but seeing Harris listed just screams that the hire is a yes person
  • Options
    HuskyClawsHuskyClaws Member Posts: 1,170
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
    Tequilla said:

The list is bad to start with ... but seeing Harris listed just screams that the hire is a yes person
    Lake will want to run his defense still. Any hire will just be a puppet, which is why it will just be a promotion from the current staff. My guess would be Gregory. The only positive about that would be would could tell him to stop recruiting, assuming we hire a LB coach that actually recruits.
  • Options
    dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes

Tequilla said:

Lake will want to run his defense still. Any hire will just be a puppet, which is why it will just be a promotion from the current staff. My guess would be Gregory. The only positive about that would be would could tell him to stop recruiting, assuming we hire a LB coach that actually recruits.
    We would just promote Timu from within.
  • Options
    AtomicDawgAtomicDawg Member Posts: 6,979
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes
    dnc said:

Tequilla said:

Just thinking all the $avings. Jen is so excited at the unexpected reduced expenses she doesn’t see anything else. She is in so far over her head that she thinks jimmy has it under control.
  • Options

dnc said:

Tequilla said:

Just thinking all the $avings. Jen is so excited at the unexpected reduced expenses she doesn’t see anything else. She is in so far over her head that she thinks jimmy has it under control.
    This has to be a tremendous challenge for programs that didn't jam in 10 or 11 football games some with partial attendance. Your donor base is going to be far more amenable if you tried and played and had some success. Even if our Norte Division champs had played it out and won the Pac and managed to beat the powerhouse Cyclones I bet Jenn's job would be a lot easier.

I was willing to set aside my rampant sexism over her time here to see how she did. Not looking good quite honestly even with Covid as an excuse

But I don't see much changing. I would settle for UW telling Jimmy we have to win big and how much does JT want? Pipe dream
    I think the conversations from the AD to Jimmy are more about the team Gpa and which asst can we promote for a minimal raise. Covid didn’t help but the ship was sinking before that.

Sometimes a good AD just needs to not screw things up. She did that with CP but his limit was a conference title and a vast gap between us and the cool kids of college football. Pete knew it and left.

With Jimmy. I fully expect sark like years. Only difference is the conference is dreadful with no Dominant Stanford usc or Oregon from that era. It’s a reflection of the west coast. It just means less and Jen doesn’t know how to or feel comfortable putting higher expectations on a football coach. First Pete and now Jimmy.

If I were the AD Jon don can’t be your hire last year. At least not for that much money. It’s silly they gave him that bad of a contract. Bad optics, horrible negotiation and leverage. Reckless with funds. Lack of competence.

All in all. None of this matters if they win. But they won’t.
  • Options
    dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614

Kim Grinolds
    STAFF
    Posted on 2 hrs, V I P, User Since 231 months ago, User Post Count: 34,602
    2 hrs
    VIP
    231 months

The campaign by the internet idiots has targeted Gregory for a long time. Unfortunately, it's bled over here and for those who always seem to need a target, he's become the guy. It's just become popular to be cool and hate on Bob Gregory.

He's actually a pretty good coach. But for those who nothing is ever good enough, he's their guy.

-8 downvotes-8

Kim Grinolds avatar
    Kim Grinolds
    STAFF
    Posted on 2 hrs, V I P, User Since 231 months ago, User Post Count: 34,602
    2 hrs
    VIP
    231 months
    HearMyTrainAComin said... (original post)Quit making excuses for this guy.Nobody wants the QB who's arm is shot or the DB who can't run to remain on the field and become ...

show more
    Just because you say things with an in your face, loud, tough tone, doesn't make you right.

What do the Gregory defenders have to say now???
  • Options
    MontlakeBridgeTrollMontlakeBridgeTroll Member Posts: 920
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Can we just get Tosh as a recruiting coordinator?
  • Options
    DodgyBlokeDodgyBloke Member Posts: 957
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes
    That can't be a real list lmao you would be retarded to think that was. Who ever put that list together either is on these boards because its no outside names its either internal guys or people who have worked at the program before. As much as I would talk Tosh Lupoi you gotta think the last time he was here he was paying players so he probably wouldn't be offered. It won't be Bob because well its Bob he's been a position coach since football began. Will Harris lmao its not going to be him he can't even coach a position group by himself let alone run the whole defense.
  • Options

That can't be a real list lmao you would be retarded to think that was. Who ever put that list together either is on these boards because its no outside names its either internal guys or people who have worked at the program before. As much as I would talk Tosh Lupoi you gotta think the last time he was here he was paying players so he probably wouldn't be offered. It won't be Bob because well its Bob he's been a position coach since football began. Will Harris lmao its not going to be him he can't even coach a position group by himself let alone run the whole defense.

Bob was actually a pretty decent dc at cal under tedford. But he felt the hours were too long and left for Boise st. True story.
  • Options
    NeGgaPlEaSeNeGgaPlEaSe Member Posts: 5,729

If you can see the benefits of coffee cups... I can’t help you