Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

If you need help trading stock...

HoustonHuskyHoustonHusky Member Posts: 5,954
First Anniversary First Comment Photogenic 5 Awesomes
edited May 2022 in Tug Tavern

The OSU sweatshirt tops it off. This country and system is fucked. But ride the wave up before it blows up...

Comments

• Options
    pawzpawz Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 18,775
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
    Founders Club
    A buddy sent me this two days ago. It almost has to be parody.

Except they want you to use their affiliate url to sign up for Robinhood. Which is nice.
  • Options
    RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 101,301
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    It seems like the stock market became detached from the economy over the last decade or so

Is it not actually higher after 8 months of economic devastation and job losses from Covid? If you beamed in you might have expected a crash. Somehow the big boys have managed to keep their wealth safe there

I freely admit that I have no insight on any of this. Never cared about the financial machine man.
  • Options
    creepycougcreepycoug Member Posts: 22,741
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Photogenic

It seems like the stock market became detached from the economy over the last decade or so

Is it not actually higher after 8 months of economic devastation and job losses from Covid? If you beamed in you might have expected a crash. Somehow the big boys have managed to keep their wealth safe there

I freely admit that I have no insight on any of this. Never cared about the financial machine man.

This.
  • Options
    pawzpawz Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 18,775
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
    Founders Club

Some would say the Russell is the actual indicator of the economy's health. Some would say that.

iirc, it was up only 0.8% in the DJT-years pre-covid. (that might include Obama years too) Please correct me if that metric is wrong

• Options

I'm too lazy to go look up the current number but think it up to something like $25 trillion now...
  • Options
    HFNYHFNY Member Posts: 4,520
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Standard Supporter
    It took me longer than it should have to understand "Don't Fight The Fed". The S&P 500 is strongly correlated to the Fed's balance sheet.

Thank you for posting the balance sheet numbers of other Central Banks. I did not know that the Commie Chinese's balance sheet had expanded the most out of all of them (or tied with Japan).

The only good Commie is a Dead Commie.
  • Options
    edited January 2021
    HFNY said:

It took me longer than it should have to understand "Don't Fight The Fed". The S&P 500 is strongly correlated to the Fed's balance sheet.

Thank you for posting the balance sheet numbers of other Central Banks. I did not know that the Commie Chinese's balance sheet had expanded the most out of all of them (or tied with Japan).

The only good Commie is a Dead Commie.

Me too...

Chinese data is suspect and likely larger because there is even more buried...there are a lot of bad loans sitting on zombie companies balance sheets that were used by the states to build all the useless govt infrastructure projects there. Building empty cities isn't cheap.

I still laugh that the single largest shareholder of most if not all of the companies on the Nikki is the Bank of Japan via ETF purchases...I'm sure the same is coming here but it will probably take a market correction first.

• Options
    godawgstgodawgst Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 2,409
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Swaye's Wigwam
    So just to make sure I understand the future Warren Buffett "Buy a stock if it's going up, and then sell it once it stops going up"

2001-2010 says hello
  • Options
    godawgst said:

So just to make sure I understand the future Warren Buffett "Buy a stock if it's going up, and then sell it once it stops going up"

2001-2010 says hello

They are the new generation of the 2007 house-flippers...

• Options
    creepycougcreepycoug Member Posts: 22,741
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Photogenic
    godawgst said:

2001-2010 says hello

I wonder how he does that.

In this age of infinite information transfer, there is an audience for everything. Every. Single. Thing. So rest assured, there are 100s of thousands of people out there who will consider themselves incrementally informed from that statement.
  • Options
    doogiedoogie Member Posts: 15,072
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes

Never fight The Fed