Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Top MBAs - Foster School Climbs to #20 in US News

2»

Comments

• FireCohenFireCohen Member Posts: 21,823
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes

Are mbas still good? It seems like a more valuable thing if you've already got some experience and are using it as kind of a stepping stone.

That used to be the case. These days mostly to rebrand into better jobs
  • BennyBeaverBennyBeaver Member Posts: 13,333
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes
    HHusky said:

It's funny, when I was doing the JD/MBA degree program, the law school was ranked about where Foster is now, and the Business School struck me as being about where the Law School is these days. But I've watched and been impressed with Foster's improvement over the years. I've known Frank Hodge for close to twenty years. Foster is in good hands.

What's the deal with UW law? Why is it tanking?
  • creepycougcreepycoug Member Posts: 22,706
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Photogenic

HHusky said:

It's funny, when I was doing the JD/MBA degree program, the law school was ranked about where Foster is now, and the Business School struck me as being about where the Law School is these days. But I've watched and been impressed with Foster's improvement over the years. I've known Frank Hodge for close to twenty years. Foster is in good hands.

I honestly don't know. Back in the day, when it peaked at #22 and tied with BC, we? used to get dinged because of our facilities. I always thought that was a little cheap; because although Condon Hall is a particularly ugly example of brutalist architecture, it was functional.

Now that they have a great new building and nothing else seems to have changed, they seem to be losing in the rankings wars.
  • BennyBeaverBennyBeaver Member Posts: 13,333
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes

HHusky said:

I honestly don't know. Back in the day, when it peaked at #22 and tied with BC, we? used to get dinged because of our facilities. I always thought that was a little cheap; because although Condon Hall is a particularly ugly example of brutalist architecture, it was functional.

Now that they have a great new building and nothing else seems to have changed, they seem to be losing in the rankings wars.
    I'm hearing the faculty sucks. Just what I'm hearing though so don't twist it.

#42 per US News.

Behind such bastions of academis like: BYU, UM (gophers), ASU, UFla, UCIrvine, UCDavis
  • creepycougcreepycoug Member Posts: 22,706
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Photogenic

HHusky said:

I'm hearing the faculty sucks. Just what I'm hearing though so don't twist it.

#42 per US News.

Behind such bastions of academis like: BYU, UM (gophers), ASU, UFla, UCIrvine, UCDavis
    I know. Don’t really know about the faculty.