Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Tim Pool making some excellent points about the left

Comments

• Pitchfork51Pitchfork51 Member Posts: 26,570
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
  • RubberfistRubberfist Member Posts: 1,373
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
    I love that he says he and Dave Rubin were on the left. Let’s leave out that they both learned that the money train is in telling people on the right what they want to hear. There’s a LONG list of people that fit that profile. It’s good business though so good for them.
  • UWerentThereManUWerentThereMan Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 3,475
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
    Founders Club

I love that he says he and Dave Rubin were on the left. Let’s leave out that they both learned that the money train is in telling people on the right what they want to hear. There’s a LONG list of people that fit that profile. It’s good business though so good for them.

Like NY Times and CNN with the mean orange man reporting. They’ve had a great last four years reporting on him. Agreed that it’s good the little man makes a little money too, just needed a different grift. We can agree on that.
  • Pitchfork51Pitchfork51 Member Posts: 26,570
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker

Like NY Times and CNN with the mean orange man reporting. They’ve had a great last four years reporting on him. Agreed that it’s good the little man makes a little money too, just needed a different grift. We can agree on that.
    What are ratings gonna look like with trump gone?
  • DerekJohnsonDerekJohnson Administrator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 59,890
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Founders Club

If Tim is guilty of anything, it's from sometimes using hyperbole in his headlines to get clicks. But I don't think anybody can question his sincerity in expressing his beliefs.
  • TheKobeStopperTheKobeStopper Member Posts: 5,959
    5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment First Anniversary

If Tim is guilty of anything, it's from sometimes using hyperbole in his headlines to get clicks. But I don't think anybody can question his sincerity in expressing his beliefs.
    I have an Alex Jones rule. It’s basically, if it looks like a duck and it talks like a duck, it’s a duck.

Maybe he’s a true believer, maybe he’s not, but his content misleads in a way that drives clicks. He acts like grifter so, as far as I’m concerned, he is one.
  • GreenRiverGatorzGreenRiverGatorz Member Posts: 10,147
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Why do people listen to Tim Pool? Seriously, what's his draw?
  • TurdBomberTurdBomber Member Posts: 19,739
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment

Because he called out and exposed Jack Dorsey in person and to his face for being a lying, duplicitous piece of shit on the Joe Rogan show.

Tim's hyperbolic, but he's got bigger balls than anyone in the MSM.
  • PurpleThrobberPurpleThrobber Member Posts: 41,760

Because he called out and exposed Jack Dorsey in person and to his face for being a lying, duplicitous piece of shit on the Joe Rogan show.

Tim Pool > Tim Cook.

• Fenderbender123Fenderbender123 Member Posts: 2,857
    Standard Supporter

his content misleads in a way that drives clicks.
    So does literally every major news media company. Do you avoid their content, too?
  • RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 101,088
    Swaye's Wigwam

I have an Alex Jones rule. It’s basically, if it looks like a duck and it talks like a duck, it’s a duck.

Maybe he’s a true believer, maybe he’s not, but his content misleads in a way that drives clicks. He acts like grifter so, as far as I’m concerned, he is one.
    We need to reign in the media
    edited January 2021

Tim Pool > Tim Cook.

No greater moment than when Ricky Gervais skewered Cook at the Golden Globes for being a Chicom enabling, cheap labor-exploiting scum bag.

his content misleads in a way that drives clicks.
    So does literally every major news media company. Do you avoid their content, too?
    Yes. I’ve watched more Tim Pool in the last year than any individual on cable news. By a lot.

The fake news media?
  • GrundleStiltzkinGrundleStiltzkin Member Posts: 61,481
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Standard Supporter
    I found Tim Pool interesting last spring & into the summer. He had a different viewpoont than me but as Derek said, seemed sincere. Once he got pretty Trumpy, I checked in less, just wasn't as interesting.

I found Tim Pool interesting last spring & into the summer. He had a different viewpoont than me but as Derek said, seemed sincere. Once he got pretty Trumpy, I checked in less, just wasn't as interesting.

Same. He caught election fever and went a ways down the rabbit hole for awhile.

But hey, you try putting out 3 videos per day and holding a sharp edge. Something's gotta give.
  • RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 101,088
    Swaye's Wigwam

The fake news media?
    Who decides? You or AOC?
  • Fire_Marshall_BillFire_Marshall_Bill Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 22,778
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Founders Club
    He's not what he was two years ago.

Like cable news, he needs clicks and eyes, so every day there's an outrage or a near armageddon catastrophe