Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Greatest Native American Chiefs of All Tim

2»

Comments

• PurpleThrobberPurpleThrobber Member Posts: 41,653
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes

Geronimo was a fucking bad ass dudes. Talk about a guy who had no quit in him. There's a reason they named the special ops to take out Bin Laden after him. Bad ass. Nothing more fierce than an Engine warrior back in the day. Bad ass.

Then I come in with any member of the Black Foot tribe. My engine friends who are dialed in to their hisotry always tell me that the tribes who called Idaho, Montana and parts of Wyoming and eastern Oregon home were fucking bad ass as a group. The Spartans of Native Americans, if you will. They were supposedly physically bigger than a lot / most of the tribes around the country ... as in, genetically they tended to produce larger people. They were also reputed as being fast on their feet and strong as fuck and fierce fighters. The fucking Black Feet ... studs of the old native American world. @swaye, does this jibe with your understanding?

And then I round out my top three with @Swaye . I know behind all the jokes and self-deprecating humor he's a bad ass and is feared by bugs and man alike.

I can tell you this from experience - the Nez Perce are fucking unbelievable athletes. D-1 caliber guysms. Kid from Lapwai, ID via Clarkston just ended a four year run as the Univ of Idaho point guard (#myvandals). Been lots of college level athletes from that little town/reservation over the years.

The Spokanes and Colvilles, not so much. Sherman Alexie is their most famous baller and that's lunch time at the local Y caliber shit.

• RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 100,693
    Swaye's Wigwam
    The Sioux tribe originally lived as Woodland Indians along the upper Mississippi in Minnesota, Iowa, and Wisconsin. The were forced west by the French and their Chippewa allies. During the migration west to the Great Plains the tribe split into three divisions - the Lakota, Dakota and Nakota.

Dating back to the early 1500s, the Comanche were originally part of the Eastern Shoshone who lived near the upper reaches of the Platte River in eastern Wyoming. However, when the Europeans entered the scene and the tribe obtained horses, they broke off from the Shoshone with an estimated 10,000 members.

The Apache Indians came from the Alaskan region, Canada, and portions of the American Southwest. Eventually the tribe migrated toward the United States further south, and divided itself into two basic regions, with the Rio Grande River serving as the dividing line.

Wiki

The plains Indians has more tim to get their guys in their to fight the white devils as they came across the continent. They were the fittest as the natives were squeezed westward,

I agree with @Swaye . These were the natives that caused nightmares among the settlers and the troops

The Sioux tribe originally lived as Woodland Indians along the upper Mississippi in Minnesota, Iowa, and Wisconsin. The were forced west by the French and their Chippewa allies. During the migration west to the Great Plains the tribe split into three divisions - the Lakota, Dakota and Nakota.

Dating back to the early 1500s, the Comanche were originally part of the Eastern Shoshone who lived near the upper reaches of the Platte River in eastern Wyoming. However, when the Europeans entered the scene and the tribe obtained horses, they broke off from the Shoshone with an estimated 10,000 members.

The Apache Indians came from the Alaskan region, Canada, and portions of the American Southwest. Eventually the tribe migrated toward the United States further south, and divided itself into two basic regions, with the Rio Grande River serving as the dividing line.

Wiki

The plains Indians has more tim to get their guys in their to fight the white devils as they came across the continent. They were the fittest as the natives were squeezed westward,

I agree with @Swaye . These were the natives that caused nightmares among the settlers and the troops

One of the Throbber's two dads used to referee high school basketball games and would tell the tale of going to the Pine Ridge Reservation as the scariest night of his life.

And this dude was in S. Korea when the N. Koreans invaded.

• YellowSnowYellowSnow Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 33,793
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Geronimo

Wiki

Los caballos. The injuns that mastered them faired the best against whitey.
  • DerekJohnsonDerekJohnson Administrator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 59,708
    Founders Club
    Geronimo

Geronimo was a fucking bad ass dudes. Talk about a guy who had no quit in him. There's a reason they named the special ops to take out Bin Laden after him. Bad ass. Nothing more fierce than an Engine warrior back in the day. Bad ass.

Then I come in with any member of the Black Foot tribe. My engine friends who are dialed in to their hisotry always tell me that the tribes who called Idaho, Montana and parts of Wyoming and eastern Oregon home were fucking bad ass as a group. The Spartans of Native Americans, if you will. They were supposedly physically bigger than a lot / most of the tribes around the country ... as in, genetically they tended to produce larger people. They were also reputed as being fast on their feet and strong as fuck and fierce fighters. The fucking Black Feet ... studs of the old native American world. @swaye, does this jibe with your understanding?

And then I round out my top three with @Swaye . I know behind all the jokes and self-deprecating humor he's a bad ass and is feared by bugs and man alike.

ORKIN, INC
    "It's a great day to die"
  • doogiedoogie Member Posts: 15,072
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes
    I’ll bet for most of you, it’s the first time you’ve ever voted in a Native American election
    dnc said:

Patrick Mahomes is probably the greatest Chief of all time but I was always a fan of Christian Okoye.

Fuck Patrick Mahomes.