Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Worst Academis to have won a Men's Row Boat Natty?

YellowSnowYellowSnow Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 33,796
First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
Swaye's Wigwam
edited May 2022 in Tug Tavern
Excluded were Princeton and Harvard who are #1 and #2 per US News 2021

Worst Academis to have won a Men's Row Boat Natty? 18 votes

Wisconsin
22%
biak1haieLebamDawgBleachedAnusDawg 4 votes
Penn
0%
Syracuse
38%
Mad_SoncreepycougPurple_PillshuskyhooliganDoog_de_JourFireCohenTheRoarOfTheCrowd 7 votes
Washington
5%
BennyBeaver 1 vote
Cal
5%
Pitchfork51 1 vote
Cornell
0%
Northeastern
27%
SwayewhlinderHFNYIPukeOregonGrellowYellowSnow 5 votes
Navy
0%
Columbia
0%
Yale
0%

Comments

• YellowSnowYellowSnow Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 33,796
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Northeastern
    Wash-ton, Syracuse, Wisconsin (hi @Mad_Son hi @PurpleBaze ) and Northeastern are clearly the 4 loser schools here.
  • creepycougcreepycoug Member Posts: 22,705
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Photogenic
    Syracuse
    I've got the Orangemen in this one Cotton. Northeastern has upped their shit in the last decade. They are known for gratuitously playing the game to rig the rankings in their favor; and they are scoffed at by academis elitists for it. But it's become a pretty solid school. Syracuse isn't bad by any stretch either, and they have a nice campus.
  • PurpleBazePurpleBaze Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 29,483
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Founders Club

I've got the Orangemen in this one Cotton. Northeastern has upped their shit in the last decade. They are known for gratuitously playing the game to rig the rankings in their favor; and they are scoffed at by academis elitists for it. But it's become a pretty solid school. Syracuse isn't bad by any stretch either, and they have a nice campus.

That's sexis!
  • whlinderwhlinder Member Posts: 4,240
    5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary First Comment
    Standard Supporter
    Northeastern

Chintriguing. Had no idea Northeastern had done that. Always thought of them as the dumbass Boston school, like below Tufts, BC and BU.

Tying this to rowboat, a coach of mine in HS (also graduate of my HS) was on the Northeastern 1988 IRA champions and then competed in the Olympics and World Championships. He was not the brightest dude in terms of academic smarts but he knew his shit in rowing.
  • FireCohenFireCohen Member Posts: 21,823
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes
    Syracuse
    Lol, even UW can shit on then with the education hawt talk lol
  • HFNYHFNY Member Posts: 4,514
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Standard Supporter
    Northeastern
    Syracuse is a good school. Great journalism program.

Northeastern is probably the 5th best school in Boston.
    Syracuse
    whlinder said:

Chintriguing. Had no idea Northeastern had done that. Always thought of them as the dumbass Boston school, like below Tufts, BC and BU.

Tying this to rowboat, a coach of mine in HS (also graduate of my HS) was on the Northeastern 1988 IRA champions and then competed in the Olympics and World Championships. He was not the brightest dude in terms of academic smarts but he knew his shit in rowing.
    I would still put them behind Tufts and BC. Again, as we've been discussing, it's also a matter of the measure. For undergrad selectivity, Tufts is still way way harder, BC still harder. BU I'm not so sure. They may be on or about the same level. I used to think the same thing, but they are pulling in strong classes and kids are going there. The location helps; they're right smack in Boston proper, like BU. With that said, while BC is not quite so centrally located, it's among the nicest campuses I've ever seen and the surrounding neighborhood reeks of money and class. A very nice place to be, especially in the fall.
    Syracuse
    HFNY said:

Agree. But 5th best in Boston is actually pretty good. You could argue lower. I'd put Harvard, MIT, Tufts, Wellesley, Brandeis and BC ahead of them. I tend to think of BU and NE as pretty comparable.
  • Purple_PillsPurple_Pills Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 1,810
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Syracuse

Excluded were Princeton and Harvard who are #1 and #2 per US News 2021

Take away broadcast journalism, and Syracuse is pretty much equal to an average/below average flagship state university, but with the private school price. Pro tip for Upstate New Yorkers: get accepted into the state’s land grant university; Cornell. Sure, it’s a cow milking degree but that Ivy League diploma opens doors.

• Pitchfork51Pitchfork51 Member Posts: 26,538
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Northeastern
    Cal = fag
    True. But still they are the premier public University in the US.
  • FireCohenFireCohen Member Posts: 21,823
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes
    Syracuse

Cal = fag

I wish I got into cal
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Northeastern
    FireCohen said:

Cal = fag
    I wish I got into cal

My great grandfather played baseball at Cal. My grandmother was homecoming queen at Cal. My grandfather graduated from Cal and then murdered the shit out of some Nazis. It is the academis of my ancestors. Respeck.
    Syracuse
    FireCohen said:

Cal = fag
    I wish I got into cal

When you look at everything that has come out of Cal, it is a testament the greatness that was the state of California that they built such a university empire. Chemistry, for example, was practically discovered there. And so, so, so much more shit that it's mind boggling. UW has an impresive list too. But Cal is in its own league in that respect IMO.
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Northeastern

FireCohen said:

Cal = fag
    I wish I got into cal
    When you look at everything that has come out of Cal, it is a testament the greatness that was the state of California that they built such a university empire. Chemistry, for example, was practically discovered there. And so, so, so much more shit that it's mind boggling. UW has an impresive list too. But Cal is in its own league in that respect IMO.

Cal invented the bomb. Nuff said.
  • IPukeOregonGrellowIPukeOregonGrellow Member Posts: 2,183
    Northeastern
    Chryst, Northeastern even tried to recruit me for academis.
  • SwayeSwaye Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 41,044
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Founders Club
    Northeastern

HFNY said:

Agree. But 5th best in Boston is actually pretty good. You could argue lower. I'd put Harvard, MIT, Tufts, Wellesley, Brandeis and BC ahead of them. I tend to think of BU and NE as pretty comparable.
    I forgot Brandeis was in Boston. Boston is a damn murderers row of elite schools. Nothing else like it anywhere. The central VA to DC corridor is similiar (W&M, Georgetown, UVA, JHU) but more spread out. Is there any other city or small region that sports 4-5 elite schools? It's pretty amazing actually.
  • SwayeSwaye Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 41,044
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Founders Club
    Northeastern

Chryst, Northeastern even tried to recruit me for academis.

I hear they have a top gas pumping program. Nationally ranked.