Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Even Newhouse is voting to impeach

AOGAOG Member Posts: 1,449
5 Awesomes First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes
I think the only rep in doubt is McMorris-WSU

Comments

• PurpleThrobberPurpleThrobber Member Posts: 41,649
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes

CMR ain’t going anywhere. She knows her constituents.

The others need the swing voters.

• GreenRiverGatorzGreenRiverGatorz Member Posts: 10,147
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes

Like noted moderate Liz Cheney from the swing state of Wyoming.

McMorris Rodgers' statement is replicated in full below:

I analyzed the Article of Impeachment through the lens that has guided my decision-making throughout my time in Congress: the oath I took to support and defend the Constitution. The Article presented before the House centers around whether President Trump’s words directly incited the violence that took place at the U.S. Capitol last week. Based on my assessment of Constitutionally-protected speech, I do not believe his words constitute an incitement of violence as laid out in Supreme Court precedent. Further, impeachment is not something for us to take lightly, and the fact that Speaker Pelosi is rushing this process and has chosen not to hold hearings or extend debate on the questions at hand makes me question her motives as nothing more than politics. The President has mere days left on his term, he has conceded, and the inauguration is next week. Let’s let the peaceful transfer of power take place.

Make no mistake: what happened last week at the U.S. Capitol was unlawful and unacceptable. President Trump showed a complete lack of leadership in the face of an attack on the U.S. government. We must do better. Right now, I am also concerned that we have a crisis of contempt in America and it’s leading to the destruction and violence we saw last week and throughout the last year. One of my office’s values is to ‘responsibly own it.’ To take accountability and aim to do better. This great experiment in self-governance is dependent on individual responsibility. For too long, people on the left have chosen to try and silence anyone who disagrees with them and have refused to acknowledge President Trump as duly elected. At the same time, people on the right have excused and defended President Trump, including me, because he stood for free markets and economic growth, led the most pro-life administration in history, defended religious freedom, stood for Israel, and supported the rule of law. For Trump supporters like me, it meant turning a blind eye to arrogant, prideful, and bullying behavior. We all need to take some responsibility, tone down the rhetoric, stop silencing anyone and everyone who might disagree with us, and do better."

As previously stated, common sense is a horribly underrated characteristic.

Whiteboard it.
  • HairyBallsDawgHairyBallsDawg Member Posts: 992
    5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Anniversary First Comment
    The House had ~180 fucking idiots that sided with Trump on the issue of his lunatic fringe claim that the vote was stolen.

The Senate had a far smaller % of members that sided with Trump's lunacy when the votes were counted.

I expect we will see similar ratios in the Senate when the impeachment trial is held there.
  • TurdBomberTurdBomber Member Posts: 19,735
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment

The House had ~180 fucking idiots that sided with Trump on the issue of his lunatic fringe claim that the vote was stolen.

The Senate had a far smaller % of members that sided with Trump's lunacy when the votes were counted.

I expect we will see similar ratios in the Senate when the impeachment trial is held there.

Not even close to reality. What are you smoking, dude?
  • NorthwestFreshNorthwestFresh Member Posts: 7,972
    5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment Combo Breaker
    edited January 2021

Not even close to reality. What are you smoking, dude?
    According to his and almost every other Leftists’ posts here, lots of cock since they mention it so often. Don’t Twist. They can be who they want to be and it’s cool. Nothing wrong with it.
  • dfleadflea Member Posts: 7,220
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes
    Most bipartisan support for an impeachment ever. Many people are saying it's the greatest impeachment ever because everyone wanted the impeaching.

• TequillaTequilla Member Posts: 19,800
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes 5 Fuck Offs

I analyzed the Article of Impeachment through the lens that has guided my decision-making throughout my time in Congress: the oath I took to support and defend the Constitution. The Article presented before the House centers around whether President Trump’s words directly incited the violence that took place at the U.S. Capitol last week. Based on my assessment of Constitutionally-protected speech, I do not believe his words constitute an incitement of violence as laid out in Supreme Court precedent. Further, impeachment is not something for us to take lightly, and the fact that Speaker Pelosi is rushing this process and has chosen not to hold hearings or extend debate on the questions at hand makes me question her motives as nothing more than politics. The President has mere days left on his term, he has conceded, and the inauguration is next week. Let’s let the peaceful transfer of power take place.

Make no mistake: what happened last week at the U.S. Capitol was unlawful and unacceptable. President Trump showed a complete lack of leadership in the face of an attack on the U.S. government. We must do better. Right now, I am also concerned that we have a crisis of contempt in America and it’s leading to the destruction and violence we saw last week and throughout the last year. One of my office’s values is to ‘responsibly own it.’ To take accountability and aim to do better. This great experiment in self-governance is dependent on individual responsibility. For too long, people on the left have chosen to try and silence anyone who disagrees with them and have refused to acknowledge President Trump as duly elected. At the same time, people on the right have excused and defended President Trump, including me, because he stood for free markets and economic growth, led the most pro-life administration in history, defended religious freedom, stood for Israel, and supported the rule of law. For Trump supporters like me, it meant turning a blind eye to arrogant, prideful, and bullying behavior. We all need to take some responsibility, tone down the rhetoric, stop silencing anyone and everyone who might disagree with us, and do better."

Whiteboard it.
    Common sense isn't really allowed because that means that you have the ability to think independently and not do as you're told.
    dflea said:

Most bipartisan support for an impeachment ever. Many people are saying it's the greatest impeachment ever because everyone wanted the impeaching.

No bigger Democrat achievement ever than to impeach a President 7 days before his term ends.

Thank you @dflea and your other useless compatriots for saving the Country from it's complete demise.
    edited January 2021
    Tequilla said:

Whiteboard it.
    Common sense isn't really allowed because that means that you have the ability to think independently and not do as you're told.

Albeit fairly Dykey-looking (common in E WA), Cathy was a solid wood in her day, given her amazing fucking rack.

Tequilla said:

Whiteboard it.

Albeit fairly Dykey-looking (common in E WA), Cathy was a solid wood in her day, given her amazing fucking rack.
    That’s true. She’s kind of leveled up on the style lately too. Wood.