Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

OFFICIAL Seahawks-Rams Divisional Playoff Game Thread

13»

Comments

• Options
    DerekJohnsonDerekJohnson Administrator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 59,922
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Founders Club

They could still win this game (probably not) but how did anyone think this team had a chance in the playoffs after watching the 2nd half of the season?

Mostly just hope. It wasn't inconceivable that the offense would pull their heads out of their asses and return to form. But turns out they just stuffed them up there further.
    It’s been like this for 6 weeks with zero signs of life
    No question, but it's still an absolute head scratcher. That same unit was the best offense in football for six weeks. Taking that big of a nose dive mid-season, and still sustaining it after players return from injury, is fucking wild.
    Once upon a time I speculated that Peterman had burned out from coaching and that a deal was being made behind the scenes for Lake to take over for him. There was short-term ridicule but then later it all proved true.

I'm getting that same feeling about Russ. When I look at Russ over the past month, I see someone going through some sort of deep personal strife. Marriage trouble, family trouble, something.
    Something went sideways with him. He’ll bounce back, but it wasn’t the same, usual guy although you never know if that was simply because he was playing shitty.
    No, Russ is always so upbeat and positive through anything that it is almost annoying.
  • Options
    BleachedAnusDawgBleachedAnusDawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 10,472
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Founders Club

Pete Carroll is the new Mike McCarthy. One super bowl, both underachieved in the playoffs for years after said super bowl, coaching records are near identical between Carroll's Seattle stint and McCarthy's time in Green Bay.

Another early exit. 12's will disagree, and Carroll is still the best coach in franchise history. That's fine. The two resumes are very similar.
    Downplaying a coach that has won a Super Bowl and gets into the playoffs every single year is FS.

There isn’t any active NFL coach with more than one Super Bowl other than Belichick. The pass on the goal line fucked Pete’s legacy.
    So I should be happy about McCarthy in Dallas?
    No, but Dallas sucks. The Seahawks do not.
    Green Bay shouldn't have fired McCarthy?
  • Options
    Fire_Marshall_BillFire_Marshall_Bill Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 22,793
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Founders Club
    He was always positive and had a swagger, even during his rookie year. He doesn't have that right now. That wife of his wanted to move to New Yawk and there were all those Giant rumors a couple years ago. I sort of dismissed it as dumb gossip but maybe that's an issue.
  • Options
    CFetters_Nacho_LoverCFetters_Nacho_Lover Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 28,838
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Founders Club
    I’m just upset Seattle had to exit without another play as enjoyable as this.

• Options
    whlinderwhlinder Member Posts: 4,268
    5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary First Comment
    Standard Supporter
    The pick-6 on a WR screen was pretty damn enjoyable. No WR screen had been intercepted all year.
  • Options
    dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    whlinder said:

The pick-6 on a WR screen was pretty damn enjoyable. No WR screen had been intercepted all year.

Mind blowing incompetence. Schottenheimer is terrible.
  • Options
    CuntWaffleCuntWaffle Member Posts: 22,493
    First Anniversary 5 Fuck Offs 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Seahawks aren’t changing anytime soon. It’s going to be the same season for the next 3-4 seasons.
  • Options
    doogiedoogie Member Posts: 15,072
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes
    Reluctant ownership + disappointing results + GM, Coach and QB all vying for new Contracts.

What could go wrong?
  • Options
    BleachedAnusDawgBleachedAnusDawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 10,472
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Founders Club

Pete Carroll is the new Mike McCarthy. One super bowl, both underachieved in the playoffs for years after said super bowl, coaching records are near identical between Carroll's Seattle stint and McCarthy's time in Green Bay.

Another early exit. 12's will disagree, and Carroll is still the best coach in franchise history. That's fine. The two resumes are very similar.
    Downplaying a coach that has won a Super Bowl and gets into the playoffs every single year is FS.

There isn’t any active NFL coach with more than one Super Bowl other than Belichick. The pass on the goal line fucked Pete’s legacy.
    So I should be happy about McCarthy in Dallas?
    No, but Dallas sucks. The Seahawks do not.
    Green Bay shouldn't have fired McCarthy?
    If Pete goes 7-9 and 4-7, yeah fire him. McCarthy deserves to get fired. Pete does not.

Believing McCarthy is as good of coach as Pete is FS.
    Look at their records.

I think Pete is past his expiration date.
  • Options
    doogiedoogie Member Posts: 15,072
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes
    His boss may agree. She inherited his Contract
  • Options
    CuntWaffleCuntWaffle Member Posts: 22,493
    First Anniversary 5 Fuck Offs 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Pete Carroll is Mike Tomlin... not McCarthy. 2 super bowl appearances, 1 win. Consistently always contending for division titles and 9-12 win seasons but has had a very frustrating playoff resume since the early Super Bowl success.