Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Insider: PGA to strip Trump Bedminster of 2022 PGA Championship

NorthwestFreshNorthwestFresh Member Posts: 7,972
5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment Combo Breaker
edited January 2021 in Tug Tavern
The Left has collectively lost their minds. Trump broke all of them.

All of them are special Snowflakes, as we see here daily.

Comments

• Options
    Fire_Marshall_BillFire_Marshall_Bill Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 22,952
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Founders Club
  • Options
    EsophagealFecesEsophagealFeces Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 11,513
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Founders Club
    So fucking crazy
  • Options
    RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 102,227
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    They left Doral for Mexico when he got elected
  • Options
    TequillaTequilla Member Posts: 19,816
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes 5 Fuck Offs
    1) The PGA should be moved if for no other reason than Trump’s name/presence will take the oxygen and focus from the event

2) It’s bad business for golf to retain the close ties to Trump particularly given that the sport is already viewed as highly elitist

3) It’s impossible to be affiliated with Trump after the actions of this week ... the fireworks are coming after he leaves office
  • Options
    Kingdome_UrinalsKingdome_Urinals Member Posts: 2,611
    First Comment 5 Up Votes First Anniversary 5 Awesomes
    Free enterprise bitches. You want businesses to kowtow to State Authorities? They tryin' to get they money right.
  • Options
    Bob_CBob_C Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 9,270
    5 Up Votes Photogenic First Anniversary 5 Awesomes
    Founders Club
    edited January 2021
    Playd it a few years ago, I guess I’m probably getting cancelled.
  • Options
    SledogSledog Member Posts: 31,399
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes
    Pissing off millions of golfers is a good business strategy.
  • Options
    Sledog said:

Just flat out wrong
  • Options
    AOGAOG Member Posts: 1,516
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes
    My grandad told me that if you have to wear a glove while golfing, you are holding the club too tight.
  • Options
    RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 30,123
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Tequilla said:

1) The PGA should be moved if for no other reason than Trump’s name/presence will take the oxygen and focus from the event

2) It’s bad business for golf to retain the close ties to Trump particularly given that the sport is already viewed as highly elitist

3) It’s impossible to be affiliated with Trump after the actions of this week ... the fireworks are coming after he leaves office

This. No matter where you fall politically, there is no point to upset a good portion of your fan base, when there are tons of other golf courses to play the same game on.
  • Options
    MontlakeBridgeTrollMontlakeBridgeTroll Member Posts: 920
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Maybe Trump can have a Parler convention at his golf course... with white hoods and burning crosses.
  • Options
    GoduckiesGoduckies Member Posts: 5,515
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes

Maybe Trump can have a Parler convention at his golf course... with white hoods and burning crosses.

That was Biden at Robert KKK Byrd's funeral

• Options
    dfleadflea Member Posts: 7,221
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes
    Trump is a gigantic sack of shit. Why would anyone want to be associated with his fat ass?

• Options
    Founders Club
    Tequilla said:

Sledog said:

Just flat out wrong
    It’s way beyond just pissing off golfers. Combined with Justin Thomas over the weekend, it just needs to stay off the woke radar. Local Government could really screw golf over with new property tax rules and environmental regulations.
  • Options
    GreenRiverGatorzGreenRiverGatorz Member Posts: 10,147
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Sledog said:

The Trump brand has become toxic for business. I'm surprised you're surprised.
  • Options
    Bob_C said:

Tequilla said:

Sledog said:

Just flat out wrong
    It’s way beyond just pissing off golfers. Combined with Justin Thomas over the weekend, it just needs to stay off the woke radar. Local Government could really screw golf over with new property tax rules and environmental regulations.
    Trump is just toxic at this point and the sooner he’s not on the radar for the masses the better ... don’t feel like going into huge detail on that

JT is an idiot ... so I think he meant anything malicious? Of course not. Do I think we would be well served to be reminded of a “sticks and stones ... but words will never hurt me” mindset? Yep. But everybody should be well aware of the environment you live in and this isn’t JT’s 1st dumbass comment. Comes with the territory.

Local government screwing over golf courses? Perhaps but I think it’s going to be much more localized and nuanced. Seattle for instance is going to go out of their way to shit on golf so that they can repurpose the land. Tacoma ain’t going to fuck with Chambers because that place prints money for them. Places like Bend aren’t going to shit on the tourist economy that props up the region.

I guess intuitively it could be fun to see the government get really nuanced in picking winners and losers in terms of taxes.
  • Options
    greenbloodgreenblood Member Posts: 14,293
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment Combo Breaker
    Tequilla said:

1) You honestly think a year from now his name really is going to matter?

2) Viewed as elitist? Have you looked at the cost of a decent set of irons? The price of green fees for a decent 18 hole course? (I know I sound poor) Golf is as elitist as it gets. Been that way for over 100 years. That perception will never change.

3) People that watch and play golf won't change their opinion regardless.
  • Options
    Founders Club
    Tequilla said:

Bob_C said:

Tequilla said:

Sledog said:

Just flat out wrong
    Trump is just toxic at this point and the sooner he’s not on the radar for the masses the better ... don’t feel like going into huge detail on that

JT is an idiot ... so I think he meant anything malicious? Of course not. Do I think we would be well served to be reminded of a “sticks and stones ... but words will never hurt me” mindset? Yep. But everybody should be well aware of the environment you live in and this isn’t JT’s 1st dumbass comment. Comes with the territory.

Local government screwing over golf courses? Perhaps but I think it’s going to be much more localized and nuanced. Seattle for instance is going to go out of their way to shit on golf so that they can repurpose the land. Tacoma ain’t going to fuck with Chambers because that place prints money for them. Places like Bend aren’t going to shit on the tourist economy that props up the region.

I guess intuitively it could be fun to see the government get really nuanced in picking winners and losers in terms of taxes.
    I’m was agreeing with you... There is no upside into fighting this battle, whether it’s just or not. By fighting, you are making golf itself a target for who knows what. I’m describing how golf could actually get cancelled if the mob wanted to do so.

There’s push in Seattle to turn the city owned public ones into drug shooting zones, but there have also been pushes in Seattle and LA at least to start assessing the private course property values differently. That’s how you would kill them.
  • Options
    Kingdome_UrinalsKingdome_Urinals Member Posts: 2,611
    First Comment 5 Up Votes First Anniversary 5 Awesomes
    This is Trump's brand now. Cop-killing mobs. It's going to resonate for a long time. His popularity rating is at 33%, George W. Bush territory.

Rather cuts agains the country club image, doesn't it?

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-9135293/Moment-MAGA-rioter-throws-fire-extinguisher-head-police-officer.html

• Options
    SledogSledog Member Posts: 31,399
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes

This is Trump's brand now. Cop-killing mobs. It's going to resonate for a long time. His popularity rating is at 33%, George W. Bush territory.

Rather cuts agains the country club image, doesn't it?

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-9135293/Moment-MAGA-rioter-throws-fire-extinguisher-head-police-officer.html

Dying from a medical event at the police station is hardly being murdered by a mob.