Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Incredible Footage of the Battle of Dunkirk (1940) | War Archives

Comments

• DerekJohnsonDerekJohnson Administrator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 59,711
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Founders Club

We have a history board but no high level board discussion board for Puppy?

If Pup returns I will create one just for him and even name it after him
  • SwayeSwaye Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 41,044
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Founders Club
  • Fire_Marshall_BillFire_Marshall_Bill Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 22,719
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Founders Club

Pup and I should get mod powers too 😏
  • creepycougcreepycoug Member Posts: 22,706
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Photogenic
    edited January 2021
    I often wonder what that must have been like. The national solidarity that such an ordeal would engender. And while I may be completely wrong about this, it must have been nice to live in a country where, despite is caste social order, everybody / most everybody living there viewed each other as British. Not more or less British; just Bristish.

Here, almost from the beginning, we've? had arguments over who does and doens't belong here. And it's never stopped. From the Bill the Butcher to now.

I realize I'm articulating the formula for nationalism, butt fuck. It must have been nice for them. Our national experience is so tedious on this point.
  • CFetters_Nacho_LoverCFetters_Nacho_Lover Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 28,708
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Founders Club

Pup and I should get mod powers too 😏

• CFetters_Nacho_LoverCFetters_Nacho_Lover Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 28,708
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Founders Club
    After reading @Doog_de_Jour’s hypothetical about Pete, would England have surrendered if they weren’t able to evacuate their Army from France?

Up to 338,000 soldiers would’ve been killed/captured by the Germans and from what I remember reading, there wasn’t much of the British Army still in England.
  • SFGbobSFGbob Member Posts: 31,919
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Standard Supporter

I often wonder what that must have been like. The national solidarity that such an ordeal would engender. And while I may be completely wrong about this, it must have been nice to live in a country where, despite is caste social order, everybody / most everybody living there viewed each other as British. Not more or less British; just Bristish.

Here, almost from the beginning, we've? had arguments over who does and doens't belong here. And it's never stopped. From the Bill the Butcher to now.

I realize I'm articulating the formula for nationalism, butt fuck. It must have been nice for them. Our national experience is so tedious on this point.

I don't know that the Brits felt that warm and cozy about the Irish Catholics belonging.